1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Olajuwon Update

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jenna, Jan 3, 2000.

1. Jenna

Jenna Member

It looks as if Hakeem may be returning to Compaq Center in uniform in not too long. He lifted weights at Westside today, and even did a little shooting after practice. He is scheduled to practice with the team this coming Sunday (one day after the Jazz game...figures) and should return to playing games shortly there after.

There is hope!

------------------
    Jen
    How long was I telling you Shandon was coming before you believed me????

2. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks for the update Jenna. Going to be interesting to see how Olajuwon comes back and his role on this team without Barkley.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I hope he picks up where Barkley left off, the Rockets were coming together then, had won 3 in a row, and then WHAM !! Chuck goes down.

Personally, I always thought that Chuck and Dream sort of hindered each others game. It limited both of their touches, and both of them need the touches to get in a groove.

Here is hoping Hakeem has his GROOVE on.

DaDakota

4. alaskansnowman

I'll drink to that dakota.

5. RocketSiv

RocketSiv Member

Cato said that Hakeem told him he will be back in two weeks. Also I heard somewhere might have been on the Bench this morning but they said Hakeem is being more acceptive of his new role. It will be interesting.

6. popeye

popeye Member

Hakeem has had some very marked changes in his life lately and has come to some remarkable choices. He will be a welcome to the team when he comes back.

I hate to say this, because of a number of different feelings I have about Charles, but Hakeem, right now is more important to the team than Charles.

Hakeem I know, does not bring the Rah,Rah,Rah leadership, but that's okay, this new team needs to find a new leader to take them to the next level. What he does bring, is a steady, dependable presence in the middle, the guy who makes all opponents think before they enter. He also has that uniqueness that we have been missing ... a go-to option with twenty seconds left and the game on the line.

He'll be back in ten days. I can't wait.

BTW: Welcome back jenna. Studies getting a little hectic this year, baby? [​IMG]

7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Popeye and Jenna sittin' in a tree... h... o...o...p...i...n...g.

Sorry, had to.

Carry on.

------------------
    Rocket fuel pumps through these veins...

8. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

I can't say that I was looking forward to his return, but some of these posts may have changed my mind.

9. Jenna

Jenna Member

Popeye...

No reading, I got straight B's last semester, even in Italian. I'm not even gonna try for better. I was just catching up on some mail during my hiatus....

Which reminds me, I got some more to catch up on this Thursday in Dallas (can you believe I'm missing a roadie to Miami?!?!), and then again this Saturday in Houston, and possibly Monday in San Antonio.

Oh, anyone watching that one in Houston: look for a redhead wearing Louisiana Tech gear (probably in a red sweatshirt and/or white t-shirt) sitting literally directly behind the Jazz bench. That'll be me.

Dr of Dunk...

Eeeewwww! No offense, spinich boy.

------------------
    Jen
    How long was I telling you Shandon was coming before you believed me????

10. popeye

popeye Member

What does it say on the back of the La Tech Top????

"Rocket Freak"
    "Journalist Student"
    "Almost a Real Life Media Person"

Got to be accurate in reportage ya' know!!!!

PS: Is Karl still leaving game tickets for you? Must be nice. [​IMG]

[This message has been edited by popeye (edited January 04, 2000).]

11. DaDakota

I was a TV sports anchor right out of college. KGNS Laredo Texas. I gave it up to make PC games because the pay is only like 100 times better.

[​IMG]

DaDakota

12. WizzyWig

WizzyWig Member

Finally no more fourth quarter burnouts by the Rockets...Hakeem is a dependable and proven goto guy.

[This message has been edited by WizzyWig (edited January 04, 2000).]

13. Ace

Ace Contributing Member

DaDakota,

Anything we know?

------------------
    Francis+Charles+Dream-Pippen= Rockets 2000 NBA
    Champions

14. DaDakota

Ace?

I am currently producing Starlancer, a space sim. It comes out this March.

I used to work at Origin, and left with a couple of friends and founded Digital Anvil.

Here is a bit about me and the
    game..hehe I am the guy in the developers journal.
    http://www.digitalanvil.com/projects/starlancer/digitalanvil.html

Free publicity, got to love it.

DaDakota

15. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

The return of the King won't be very disruptful, I predict. After all, our "starting" center really prefers to come off the bench. Now that's a twist. Hey, if Cato likes it that way, who can argue ? Meanwhile, a few wins over top teams would be a good tune up.

16. IndianPlaya

IndianPlaya Contributing Member

I personally can't wait until the Dream comes back. Although he is 38, he is still recognized as among the top five centers in the league. With him back, the Rockets will no longer lose close games in the fourth quarter. It will also be interesting to see how well the Dream performs without Barkley hindering his game.

17. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

DaDakota,

If I agree with everything you say, even the ridiculous stuff, can I beta test?! Just kidding... I remember when Digital Anvil was founded. With U9:A being released, Origin's seen better days... anyway... off-topic... I'll leave now. [​IMG]

------------------
    Rocket fuel pumps through these veins...

18. bballfanatic

bballfanatic Member

Dream is now not so sure about the two week mark he told Cato. At least the way I understood an article in the Chronicle.

Can't get back too soon Dream.

19. bballfanatic

bballfanatic Member

Oops! Now Worrell in 4th quarter of SEattle game (1-4-00)is saying one week to ten days away for Dream.

YES!

20. Jenna

Jenna Member

I think there may be some sort of number on the back, in small font. I believe they are 3 and 2, in that order one after the other.

I've been going for oh, about 15 years now. Can't stop now. Someone has to cheer for him. Might as well be me. Better be me. And, oh, yes, it is nice.

BTW, spinich boy, I am a registered member of the Associated Press....
    ------------------
    Jen
    I'm bringing Shandon back to Utah....

[This message has been edited by Jenna (edited January 04, 2000).]