1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

OKC's Westbrook ft. Paul George & Carmelo

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Mr. Dominant, Oct 20, 2017.

1. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

That is almost as long as we payed Maloney.....

2. PatBev

PatBev Member

If I was him I would go hop on that Boston team honestly and win a few rings the next 10 years

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

And we've all been trying to forget about that Baloney for many, many years. If we do this "stretch" deal with Anderson, in the off-season when deals are made, around the deadline when deals are made, and all the other times the contracts and possible acquisitions of this team are discussed, guess who will be brought up and cussed, cursed, and generally spit upon (figuratively)? Ryan Anderson. When every dollar committed or available is being microanalyzed, Anderson's shadow will be hovering over us. I want us to cut the cord with the guy whenever Morey can manage it without the Rockets getting raped. The sooner the better. Heck, I hope we can send him to Sacramento where he would be a King, and good riddance.

4. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Oh I totally agree with you. We should not stretch Anderson.

Deckard likes this.
  5. BackdoorHarden

DUDE. NOW PG13 is staying in OKC

WHY Do a 3 part on FRee AGENCY WHEN YOU AIN"T LEAVING???

WTF IS WRONG WITH PG13? What whack job would want to play in OKC with MELO and WB instead of HARDEN And CP3????

6. rockets11206

rockets11206 Member

Who said he’s going to OKC?

7. BackdoorHarden

All the experts and insiders

8. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

that max 5 year contract probably

9. radiohunk

radiohunk Member

The same experts and insiders that said Dwight was going to LA.

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. Rokman

Rokman Member

And the same experts that said Chris Paul was the biggest loser of the off-season last year.

11. Vin2k2

Vin2k2 Member

These idiots on NBA TV are suggesting that OKC stretches Melo and then resign him to the vet's minimum.

They quickly backpedaled and said they'd have to check the CBA to be sure that was possible :rolleyes:

12. PatBev

PatBev Member

Paul George just earned my respect more than KD and kawhi. If I had his talent I would never live in Oklahoma..... **** that

clos4life, hakeem94, tinman and 2 others like this.
  13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes he took the hard path

He has to play with Russell and Melo !

#1735 tinman, Jul 1, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
  14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Not a single player on the Warriors is going to be sleeping tonight knowing that Westbrook and George are going to be playing together next season.

15. Fantasma Negro

Oh no, those mean ol thunder boys are a comin lol

16. radiohunk

radiohunk Member

Westbrook + ANYONE = FAIL

pippendagimp likes this.
  17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Carmelo Anthony says stint with Thunder just 'wasn't a good fit'

Hours after a three-team trade that sent Carmelo Anthony to the Atlanta Hawks became official Wednesday, Anthony sounded like someone who had gone through the multiple stages of grief and had finally landed at the point of acceptance.

Anthony was traded from the New York Knicks to Oklahoma City in September, and after just a cup of coffee with the Thunder, he is on the verge of joining his fourth team in one year.

Anthony is expected to be waived by the Hawks, and once he clears waivers, he'll be an unrestricted free agent and probably sign with the Houston Rockets.

"To get bought out, to get waived, you were looked at like, you're done," said Anthony, who was in Washington, D.C., to attend a private Nike event Wednesday night. "Now, it's just almost like the norm. If something doesn't work, go ahead and get a buyout or go ahead and get traded. That's the new norm in our society in basketball. I had to get over that.

"I had a conversation with my wife and family. I said to them, I'm not taking no buyout. I'm not getting waived. And they said, at the end of the day, nobody is going to know that. You have to do what you have to do. It's going to be a blip on your radar. It's on to the next chapter. It took me a while to get to that point where I'm like, OK, I'm going to accept it."

Anthony was coy about the possibility of joining the Rockets. Coincidentally, video footage of him playing basketball with James Harden and good friend Chris Paul in Los Angeles made the rounds on social media Wednesday.

"Obviously, we're just trying to figure it out," Anthony said. "Everybody knows about the trade to Atlanta. I think everything is trying to get cleared right now. I'll let the people do what they do. I just sit back and when the time comes, and the call gets made, we'll make that move."

Anthony's situation with the Thunder came to a head after he elected not to opt out of the final year of his contract, which pays him $27.9 million. Anthony and his reps reportedly collaborated with the Thunder to find a workable solution, resulting in Anthony waiving his no-trade clause to make the Hawks deal possible.

Anthony said ultimately things didn't work out with the Thunder because of timing.

"At the end of the day, it wasn't a good fit," he said. "I think last year -- and I haven't talked about this before -- everything was just so rushed, going to the team for media day and the day before training camp. Them guys already had something in place, and then I come along in the 25th hour like, oh s---, Melo just come on and join us. Like, you can figure it out since you've been around the game for a long time. That's why it was so inconsistent. At times, I had to figure it out on my own rather than somebody over there or people over there helping me."

There are varying opinions on how much adding Anthony could help the Rockets. Houston has an uncertain roster since pushing the Golden State Warriors to seven games in the Western Conference finals. Trevor Ariza is now in Phoenix, and Clint Capela remains unsigned. Still, even Anthony acknowledges that playing with the Western Conference runner-up gives him an opportunity to change the perception that he isn't about winning.

"I think winning, at the end of the day, rewrites everything," he said. "It settles everything. I also look back at this past year. When we were winning, the story was written already. When we started losing, the story is written. It's almost premeditated. I'm playing ball. I'm happy. I'm excited about what's to come, wherever that may be."​

18. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

One reason Harden deserves so much props for leading us to the playoffs in year 1 here.

Blurr#7 likes this.