1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OKC] Not Ignoring midrange will kill them

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by SamFisher, Nov 30, 2017.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

After last night's humiliation by Orlando:

Hopefully, the Thunder are able to ignore the midrange enough to have a middling season and get to the playoffs, and then come playoff time they will midrange their way to a title.

2. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

3. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I don't see it.

With GSW, I could see it. Even way back with Miami I could see it. The Rockets look to possibly have it. But with OKC I definitely don't see it.

It is like the glove doesn't fit, so they must quit. Too many scorers and not enough true playmakers to cancel the ISO ball out.

That's It.

4. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Put a fork in em. Their season is a waste. They might be 8-14 on the season after twolves and spurs games

5. Rockets4Life13

Fk yeah that'd be awesome. OKC L is so satisfying. 8-14 the 2nd best team in the west :rolleyes::D

BigShasta and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  6. Reeko

Reeko Member

Russ has been doing his ball hog routine for years. Melo has been doing his ISO act for over a decade. This team will always be easy to defend.

7. juanm34

juanm34 Member

They need more ISO.....

hakeem94, PhilCollins and vlaurelio like this.
  8. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

they should have extended WB to 10 years

9. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I think its a bit early to conclude too much about OKC. Sure, the glove hasn't fit instantly/early. But sometimes these things take time. I seem to remember a time when even Hakeem had to learn to trust his teammates enough to involve them properly.

For the record, I am no OKC fan. I want them to fail big time. But it wouldn't surprise me if they are the 5 or 7 seed by the all-star game, or the 4 or 5 by years end.

10. mrm32

mrm32 Member

OKC had a 67% chance of keeping the right guy out of Durant, Harden and Westbrook and they botched it. Hell, trading Westbrook alone could have probably netted them Durant and Harden for the rest of their careers.

ArtV and arubato like this.
  11. MVP4THREE

MVP4THREE Member

i guess it makes sense why Westbrook won MVP last season then--consolation prize for the being the worst of the old OKC big three

12. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

They're all scorers. That's their main issue. Not one person (including Westbrook) is a true facilitator for their teammates. They play for themselves to score not for the team to score.

So far it's looking like the talking heads' prediction of the Rockets', CP3 + The Beard project not working and the "BIG 3" in OKC working to be a bust. James Harden is still finding a way to manage the same numbers he did last season while Westbrook and his teammates have all regressed. Ironically the help he didn't have last year is flourishing on other teams too (Oladipo, McDermott, Kanter, etc.) .

It may be to early to count them out, but it can never be too early to count them, NOT all in.

13. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

As melo said, they need to be more selfish and take more of these mid range shots. Keep doing it OKC

14. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Yea I’m sure that’s it buddy.

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Midrange is fine, Spurs beat our ass with it last year.

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. SamFisher

Absolutely fine - I hope the Thunder continue to make it a cornerstone of their offense.

17. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

To be fair, Ben Falk (Cleaning the Glass) has an overall positive outlook on the Thunder, using their point differential and good D as reasons to not panic. Here's how he ended his recent article on them:

"This Thunder team is not the 2010-11 Heat. But Miami still provides a powerful example of why we shouldn’t overreact to early results. If the Thunder can follow the Heat’s model, walling off the outside noise, identifying the right areas for improvement, and taking the long view, they should end about where we expected them before the season started: a team that wins in the high 40s or low 50s and that opponents are loathe to match up with in the playoffs."

18. AstroMechPLZ

AstroMechPLZ Member

Um, what? Most pundits expected them to be 2nd in the west, not "high 40s or low 50s" wins...

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. SamFisher

Are you saying they're the team nobody wants to see come playoff time?

I am loving the sound of that.

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. da_juice

da_juice Member

The Thunder are in interesting case study of Big Threes. The