1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

OK Who is as excited as I am?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cato13, Oct 9, 2000.

Tags:
  1. cato13

cato13 Contributing Member

Finally we get to see some basketball with real NBA players. Even though it is pre-season I am just glad the season is finally here. I just got my season tickets from UPS and I can't wait until Thursday to see my Rockets in person. I got so excited about them I had to purchase two more seats.

I really do believe that if the Rockets can win early in the season, this will give them confidence and they can and will win 50 games this year. I like so far what I see in Langhi and I really believe Taylor will work out. I also already know Steve and Cutino will set up shop this season. LEAGUE please take notice.

Man I am so pumped up I took off tomorrow so I can get my VCR setup to tape off of my satellite. (Great Basketball games every night).

Let me know your thoughts.

------------------
    Rockets Season
    Ticket Holder

2. #1rocketsfan

#1rocketsfan Contributing Member

does the game come on nba league pass?

------------------

3. tacoma park legend

tacoma park legend Contributing Member

i wouldnt think they would air preseason games and i think langhi is gonna surprise alot of people and will get decent minutes behind walt

------------------

4. slcrocket

slcrocket Contributing Member

DirecTV is offering it as a free preview to promote their 'League Pass' programming. [​IMG]

------------------
    Jazzkiller

5. stringthing

stringthing Member

I think Langhi will surprise everyone this year. This guy has a scorers mentality and I think given minutes, this guy will put up numbers.

And after all the talk about Francis and the work he put in this offseason, I can't wait to see the results.

------------------

6. Tb-Cain

Tb-Cain Member

I'm with ya!

I heard Rudy on the news say he would try and play Dream/Cato/Collier equally in this game vs. Dallas.

------------------
    "I'd like to be going down Fourth Avenue in a parade with all the graffiti coming down on our heads." -- Patrick Ewing, showing off that Georgetown edumacation.

7. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

To expand a little more on what Tb-Cain said, I'm hoping Rudy starts Hakeem. The reason behind this is because Hakeem is accustomed to being the starter and usually can get into the flow of the game much easier. Last year, despite his breathing problems, Hakeem never got comfortable when coming off the bench. Cato has played coming off the bench and Collier really doesn't figure into the equation yet. It may work and it may not, but I'd rather find out in the preseason than when it really counts.

------------------
    Too often, we lose sight of life's simple pleasures.

Remember, when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, but it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and pimp-slap the mother****** upside the head!

8. haven

haven Member

Someone paid homage to Cato by using his name as their nick... wow. I can understand Air Bullard, but I hope that Cato isn't a Rocket's institution quite yet [​IMG].

Didn't we have a Bryce at some point?

BTW, I'm pretty excited too [​IMG].

------------------
    Shandon Anderson rocks.
    The lottery sucks. Playoffs 2001.

9. Arnel

Arnel Member

If everything goes right, the Rockets will have a 40 + win season, it's hard to predict in the west but Rockets should upset the league, by the way, does anybody know if you have to have "Digital" Cable for the NBA league pass, or can you get it with the Regular cable.

------------------
    against all odds

10. Houston_baller3

Yes the game is going to be on league pass. But who needs league pass when you have FSSW. In case you guys didnt know this league pass doesnt have their own broadcasting crew . They use every nba teams local broadcasting channels. Oh and theres no way you can see rocket games on league pass only if there away games or else they would be blocked out since we already have another channel broadcasting it.

------------------

11. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's all true Houston_Baller. But the league pass is mainly for those of us who are Rockets fans, but are not fortunate enough to live in Houston. Most of us wouldn't be able to watch more than 1 or 2 games a year otherwise.

------------------
    "Nothing is certain but the unforseen."
    Some Dude

12. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

baller, not all of us are in Houston. We get to see every game, home or away [​IMG]

------------------
    In order to be a success in life, you need 2 things:
    1. Don't tell everything you know.

13. Frank Black

Frank Black Member

I'm counting down the days 'til tipoff. NBA League Pass rules. Not to mention the NBA.com channel on DTV. NBA.com's Virtual GM, in my opinion, is the best Fantasy Basketball league by far. Oh, and I think the Rockets will be the most exciting team in the league. However, I'd have to disagree with some predictions of 50+ wins. That'd be great, but I was thinking of wins within the 40-45 range.

------------------