1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ok let's get this settled...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by KDJ3, Oct 29, 2012.

1. KDJ3

KDJ3 Contributing Member

Jeremy Lin and Omer Asik's contracts will not count $15 mil against the cap in their third years, correct? Every sports writer seems to believe that that is the case, but if I remember correctly it will be evenly distributed as far as our cap is concerned.

Lock and throw away afterwards, I just want to know the answer.

http://www.nba.com/2012/news/featur...aded-to-rockets-2/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt3a

^^Source that led to post

2. roxxy

roxxy Member

OMG when are these so called "sports journalists" going to get it right! Second time I have seen this error. There contracts count for 8.3 million over 3 years. There is no poison pill year it is an even 8 for both Lin & Asiks contracts. So 8+8+15(for James) is 31 million for 3 high quality players. Morey did good.

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

You are correct.

Sports journalists are morons for the most part.

It would have counted as $15 million for the Bulls and Knicks if they had matched.

4. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

you're right. ibtl

5. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

those editors are irrelevant.

6. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

Houston will swallow a poison pill by his own? Funny logic...

7. KDJ3

KDJ3 Contributing Member

Alright good. It's especially sad when you respect said journalists. Oh well

8. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

fixed..:p

9. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Correct. J.A. Adande spewed the same crap on ESPN. I corrected him via Twitter, but of course he'll ignore it. They're so lazy. Unless you're Les Alexander's personal accountant, the details of exactly what dates (and how much) the money goes into Jeremy and Omer's banks is completely irrelevant. As far as running the Rockets is concerned, it's an even $8.3 million each year for each of them. End of story.

10. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Yes the Adande debacle was sad.

I agree we do correct the experts all the time.

One error I'm confused about is Woj's article yesterday. He said the Thunder originally wanted the same package only with Parsons and 3 1st round picks.

I know Woj isn't just making crap up, but surely Presti would have known that the Rockets only had 2 1st rounders available.

I'm surprised nobody has recognized this.

11. KDJ3

KDJ3 Contributing Member

But we did have 3 1st rounders available...our own included

12. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

13. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

What about if we traded one if them how would that play out for the other team?

14. acshen

acshen Contributing Member

I don't think we could have traded it. We have obligations to the Hawks via the Nets for the TWill trade. So no.

15. utgrad97

utgrad97 Member

This is correct. The Rockets get to keep the pick if it's in the lottery, otherwise the Rockets give it to the Hawk/Nets.

16. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I'm pretty sure we could have traded it if we reversed the terms. In the case of the one the Hawks own, it is lottery protected. So we would have traded the thunder our pick under the same terms Toronto sent us theirs - to where it is owed ONLY if it is a lottery pick.