1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

OJ Simpson parolled after 9 years in prison

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by justtxyank, Jul 20, 2017.

1. CCorn

CCorn Member

It'll be a good special when he admits he's the fat ones dad.

2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

James doesn't stand for his b*tches geting slandered like that. watch out boi.

3. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

4. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Finally! There is justice in this world. I can now retire my Free OJ t-shirt after this 20 year ordeal. God bless the Juice.

5. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

When OJ discussion comes up I always remember these black dudes I work with tell me, "Yeah, white people lost their minds when OJ was found not guilty". I said, "yeah I suppose some people don't like it when murderers don't get convicted...is that wierd or something?"

Honestly when I heard the decision I was alone in my dorm room at UoH and didn't know how much of a racial issue it was until I heard the verdict on TV, I was just flipping though channels and forgot it was the day it was to be decided. Apparently my neighbors (black dudes) were watching it too and when they said , "Not guilty" they went crazy like the Oilers just won the superbowl. I was wondering why anyone would be happy with OJ getting off? Yes, I was naive...

6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

That happened.

7. Buck Turgidson

The Austin, TX tv station is heavily promo'ing an expose' on their interview with a PI who can find "the real killers". In 2017.

5'oclock news, there ya have it.

8. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

It was just the idea that if you're rich, you can get away with murder, even if you're black and desperately tried to shed yourself of the black community.

Pretty weird and complex dynamic. They don't teach that part of the American dream. People learn it.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That would be a REALLY controversial statement if posted down in the D&D, don't you know that race is what determines your sentence, not wealth?

10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

But that's precisely why his neighbors were dancing like they won the superbowl. I would guess that they thought a man that looked like them "made it" enough to override the circumstances.

This was 20+ years ago, so what's your point bringing up that D&D topic? Whether things have changed or have not changed?

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Oh I remember when it happened, and I remember how weird it was to have people celebrating a murderer getting away with it. I just brought it up because the fact that the more money you have the more likely that you beat the rap is something that most people outside of the D&D understand...in there things get weird.

12. Roscoe Arbuckle

OJ served the sentence he deserved. This was never about the murder whether you believe he did it or not.

Hmm...

13. Buck Turgidson

And here I was walking around, giving you the benefit of the doubt, thinking you're more than a Tech grad....

and then you throw this out.

14. Roscoe Arbuckle

I have a degree!

Seriously, I don't care if he's guilty or not; I want our justice system to work. You?

15. Buck Turgidson

i'm fairly certain that this deosn't matter.

16. Roscoe Arbuckle

I agree. I just doesn't matter!

17. Buck Turgidson

This rock is too large....I can move a smaller one

Roscoe Arbuckle likes this.