1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ohmygod---the glorious Upgrade came in!!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by davo, Sep 19, 2000.

Tags:
  1. davo

davo Contributing Member

hp,

If you feel inclined, email me your seating location and when I'm bored at half time I'll come and analyze some plays with you.

djs@excite.com

------------------
    Current Rocket's Salary & Contract Info

2. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

Watch out for the leaking beer from the roof [​IMG]

------------------
    In order to be a success in life, you need 2 things:
    1. Don't tell everything you know.

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

davo,

glad to hear boredom makes you think of me and analyzing plays. hehe

Also, thx for taking the wind outta my sails about the quality of my seats with the "i'll come up to your seats"...

...your mean

Come on up anytime. Can I come down to your seats? I promise I don't really analyze plays at the game. I might point something new out, but I'm more the drunken Rudy Kapayaaa type play caller when watching my beloved Rockets live....have fun with the Rockets and feel their pain.

Bob*

Don't say it!
    Actually didn't Jenna say that was how she got her only upgrade...hmmmm....come on beer...rain on me!

[This message has been edited by heypartner (edited September 19, 2000).]

4. heypartner

Upper Prom, dead-center low.

Best value in the house...for us non-Fortune 500 companies, that is.

Put in for the lottery and 'wham!' Can anyone be giddy and speechless at the same time?

5. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Befriending heypartner is now the best investment I ever made [​IMG]

------------------
    NOTHING BUT .NET
    CLUTCHCITY.NET

6. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Just how much do these seats run? I assume you have seats for you and your lady.

------------------
    I am the founding member of the Butt-Nekkid Party! White House here we come!

7. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

The 1999-2000 seat pricing and the jenna upgrade reference are in the link below. heypartner will have to give an update on the current pricing structure.
    http://bbs.clutchcity.net/ubb/Forum3/HTML/006116.html

Mango

------------------
    Test Your NBA Trade Ideas
    1. Put new topics in the proper forum.
    Things happening in the rest of the NBA
    2. Use clear wording for new threads.
    3. No duplicate threads
    4. Conduct yourself as an adult.
    The Serious Police are watching.
    Donate Blood or be assimilated!

[This message has been edited by Mango (edited September 21, 2000).]

8. davo

davo Contributing Member

hp,

Alas, re-read my post - i never said I would come "up" to your seats. Sadly, if I were to come "up" to your seats from mine, yours would be very high indeed!

Having said that, I rarely sit in my own seats anyway!

------------------
    Current Rocket's Salary & Contract Info

9. heypartner

Pimp,

My seats are $46/gm (or $2000/yr). The next price seat is a big jump to $75 (or so). Mine are the best value when low in the section. Awesome view.

Heyschweetie rarely goes. I split with a friend. We split the seats via a draft; I get first pick. This is how it goes:

1. we do 5 rounds to select the can't miss games. those 10 games we go together.

2. the next 17 rounds are games we get 2 seats each for entertaining friends.

Throughout the season we do trades, and end up going to 25 games together.

So, for those who have read this far, that is roughly 10 games I get to take friends. Pimp, select a game that won't be in our top 10 list and i'll draft it. I find the best way to pick is by day of the week, or can't miss players. Like, the Clippers will be awesome to see late in the season when the boy wonder will dress-up. And I couldn't imagine missing Fizer, so I could more intelligently argue/agree with DaDakota.

Rockets03
    I read the post again that Mango referenced. You mentioned the $1800 seats in the lower prom. Those are the same price as mine (their price was upgraded equally). IMO, those seats suck. They are behind the basket looking through the backboard. While the upper prom can see over the backboard and have a fine view, the lower prom is obstructed in my opinion. Stay in the upper prom until you can afford to get out from behind the basket in the lower prom.

DoD
    I really liked you "radio under the covers" story in the post Mango referenced. I remember that and remember saying, damn I did the very same thing, but in Illinois listening to baseball. Listening via radio is so amazing sometimes, using your imagination and all. Hope you don't have to do that this year too much now that your apartment screwed you with the dish network. Can't imagine the chat room with you not being the first to respond to a play.

Maybe we should start a new website:
    www.saveDoDsleaguepass.com

[This message has been edited by heypartner (edited September 21, 2000).]

10. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

HP... is there some kind of CBA worked out with this system? And do you have a good lawyer?

You gotta be careful so you're not getting taken advantage of...

[​IMG]

------------------
    "There are three kinds of lies:
    Lies, Damned Lies, and STATISTICS..."
    - Mark Twain -