1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] World Series: Astros vs. Nationals

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 22, 2019.

1. astros123

astros123 Member

Yes but Miley was a pivotal part of the Astros
    Dont be naive. The braves werent remembered by their domiance on the NL east. The post season is what defines winners and losers. Bregman has a long long way to go. He needs to STFU for an entire year and stick to the course and redeem himself.

Scarface281 and jklb like this.
  2. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

For the first two-thirds of the season, yes, he was. I’m pretty sure a healthy Lance McCullers can fill his shoes as a fourth starter next season.

3. br0ken_shad0w

br0ken_shad0w Member

When it boils down to it, the Astros batters never got it going against Scherzer/Strasburg. (along with the rest of the NL playoff teams) Their aces consistently delivered, ours didn't.

4. astros123

astros123 Member

Miley had a 3.05 era throughout July. Your confident that Lance can do the same? Really? Can i have a sip of what your drinking ?

5. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Lance McCullers has posted ERA’s of 3.22 (twice) and 3.86 in three of his four seasons as a starter. Is it as good as Miley was through July? No. But, it’s still good enough to be one of the best fourth starters in all of baseball. The drop off should be fairly minimal.

As long as the Astros either figure out a way to retain Gerrit Cole, sign a quality replacement via free agency or trade for one, their starting rotation should still be among the game’s best.

Elienator and texans1095 like this.
  6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I mean, they were, people are still talking about them. They were talking about them when we went down 0-2. I've seen plenty of people bring them up on Reddit and in the media and you just brought them up too :p

The Astros accomplished more than that team too since they have a championship to show for it. It's over with, you'll calm down when the sun rises and realize it was better to be here than to not be at all.

7. astros123

astros123 Member

I'll always remember our manager leaving the best player on the planet on the bench while we once again go to a depleted bullpen.

RKREBORN and raining threes like this.
  8. Crystal Palace Astro

"Blue" doesn't cover it. Gonna haunt me for ages. Haven't had any of my sports teams be favourite in a big one and not come through in my 50 years at it.

9. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

5-45 with RISP against the Yankees and it seemed like it was worse in this series.

That is what will haunt us about this series.

everyday eddie likes this.
  10. dannah

dannah Member

That was the killer, and the fact that the Soto walk came with a strike that was called a ball makes it even worse. THAT pitch and incorrect call changed the whole game. But this bs call will not make headlines or controversy...

11. dannah

dannah Member

Isn't there a right fielder in Boston that is looking for a new challenge?

texans1095 likes this.
  12. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

Astros were outplayed. Tip your caps.

13. Little Ray

Little Ray Member

Cot damn I’m so mad this morning. Biggest choke job ever in H-town. I’m gonna be angry Astros fan for Halloween. This frikin sucks!

RKREBORN likes this.
  14. mick fry

mick fry Member

Once again the offense came up small, 11 runs in 4 games at home just aint gonna cut it. We scored 6 of those runs in the 1st inning which means in the remaining 32 innings we scored 5 runs in the WS at home.I aint even mad.
    [​IMG]

#12514 mick fry, Oct 31, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
    J.R., zeeshan2 and Jake Tower like this.
  15. Elienator

Elienator Member

Was there a baseball team in Atlanta during the 90s? I can’t remember. Is there a team in LA now? No one talks about them and I can’t quite remember if they had some guy names Kershaw or something.

Losing sucks, but you won’t forget and neither will Nationals fans. They will talk about how their team came back and beat one of the most dominant teams on the road. Even if the Astros don’t win another World Series, 10 years from now you’ll talk about how good the team was and someone will agree and say they could have easily won another.

16. CinematicFusion

“Kendrick hadn’t hit a cutter for a home run all season. Most cutters thrown to him this season induced groundballs.”
    Harris threw a solid cutter right on the lower corner of the plate.

The first 3 times we had runners in scoring position we had solid at bats with good exit velocity..... just went right to someone.
    Springers at bat comes to mind.

that’s baseball

everyday eddie likes this.
  17. AB423

AB423 Member

Damn waking up and this one stings. I just had a bad feeling the whole game that it was going to turn out the way that it did.
    Astros had their chances to blow the game wide open.. seems like almost every inning they had runners in scoring position. Couldnt get that big hit that we needed.
    Congrats to the Nats, it was definitely their year. Still proud of my Astros.

KelvinCato13 likes this.
  18. Elienator

Elienator Member

The Oilers blowing a 32 point lead was a way bigger choke job. That Oilers team had 9 pro-ballers, the best offensive in the NFL and a top five defense.

This wasn’t a choke. The Nationals (who were a really good team) just played a little better and had a few more bounces go their way.

#12518 Elienator, Oct 31, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
  19. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Still not happy this morning. In fact I dreamed we won and it took me a few seconds when I woke up to remember we had lost..

Part of me though is just glad it's over.. This series had me on a roller coaster.

20. Little Ray

Little Ray Member

That was not game seven of the WS at home. No comparison. And they’re in Nashville now so who cares.