1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official "Who's Going to Eat Crow?" Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jogo, Dec 10, 2011.

1. jogo

jogo Member

The b****ing about the potential Gasol trade has reached epic proportions. I'm glad in a way because it finally gives us something to talk about and constantly check on clutchfans.

That being said, it's time to fess up: Do you think after all of Morey's trades this year we'll be a seventh seed or better in the playoffs? I think that's the best we can expect given the shortened season, new coach, and possible revamped roster. People can argue "these trades aren't going to help us totally change-up our team and improve through the draft" but that's not a possibility. Remember, McHale has been given the directive to get to the playoffs and not to rebuild (no tanking). And the players we currently have are not good enough to get us a team that will put us in the championship hunt this year. Baby steps, people.

So, copy and paste one of the two lines below and we'll see who's eating crow at the end of the year.

Morey is doing the right thing with our trades this year. We're going to be the seventh seed or better this year and should improve on that the following year.

Morey is a tool. He gave up too much in our trades and our team will continue to be mediocre. This means we won't make the playoffs this year or will squeak by with the eighth seed.

Jogo-Morey is doing the right thing with our trades this year. We're going to be the seventh seed or better this year and should improve on that the following year.

2. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Even if the trade doesn't look like it's in our favor, I think Morey has at least earned the benefit of the doubt. So we shouldn't judge his decision until the end. He has made great trades and drafts with the limited resources that he's given.

3. ICanDunkOnYao

ICanDunkOnYao Member

The Gasol trade will be even greater than the Landry/Scola trades. Watch the Rockets jump to the 4th seed and all these "disillusioned" fans cheering for Gasol.

4. Garner

Garner Member

In Morey I trust.

5. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

When the Rockets are in the lottery, top 5 pick........will you follow Morey out the door??/

6. RocketFan

RocketFan Contributing Member

Morey is a tool. He gave up too much in our trades and our team will continue to be mediocre. This means we won't make the playoffs this year or will squeak by with the eighth seed.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I don't trust but Morey is a good guy. He tried he if he wins he win. If he fails we might be in the lottery. That's still a win.

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

There will be a shortage of crow after the Rockets grab the 4 seed in the playoffs and get to. The WCF.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

It is a what have you done for me lately world, he has won some trades, he has lost others, he has been decent in the draft at finding quality role players, and he has had some misses.

Overall, I give him a solid "B" - the one thing that can bring it crashing down and my biggest worry is his hiring of Kevin McHale a guy with a really poor management and coaching record.

I find it ironic that McHale is preaching defense when he was not known as a great defender himself, Robert Parish saved his butt at the rim.

McHale and this trade could run all the good will he has done to this point.

DD

10. xAliceInChains

If everyone didn't love Scola this would be so much easier.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Kmac is unproven so Defense is the best he can call. That is the formula for all young coaches.... like it handed Mike Brown his COY. Kinda safe bet.

12. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

I like the trade, with the original pieces, as long as nene comes after...if that happens, i think we'll be significantly better...now if morey adds lee or patterson or morris i might go get drunk :mad:

13. Rednation713

Rednation713 Member

we was giving our whole roster up...and they even offer Pau to GS and they laughed. laughin @ us probaly big time. like damn houston!

14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Come on, DD.

1980-81 NBA All-Rookie (1st)
    1982-83 NBA All-Defensive (2nd)
    1985-86 NBA All-Defensive (1st)
    1986-87 NBA All-Defensive (1st)

1986-87 NBA All-NBA (1st)
    1987-88 NBA All-Defensive (1st)
    1988-89 NBA All-Defensive (2nd)
    1989-90 NBA All-Defensive (2nd)

Blocks Per Game
    1981-82 NBA 2.3 (6)
    1982-83 NBA 2.3 (5)
    1985-86 NBA 2.0 (10)
    1986-87 NBA 2.2 (7)
    1990-91 NBA 2.1 (8)
    Career NBA 1.7 (29)

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/m/mchalke01.html

2 people like this.
  15. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

Morey is doing the right thing with our trades this year. We're going to be the seventh seed or better this year and should improve on that the following year.

16. johnstarks

johnstarks Member

Thank you Deck. Seriously uninformed statement.

And on the topic, I think I get what Morey's trying to do. It all depends on what he can get with all that cap room. I'm assuming he has some deal lined up to follow up the Gasol trade. So I'll assume he's doing the right thing.

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Wow Deckard, I did not realize he was that good on D, I stand corrected.....

Thanks.

DD

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

#18 J.R., Dec 10, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2011
  19. HI Mana

HI Mana Member

Look, if you're going to have a starless team, you need depth at every position to build huge leads. As it is right now, even in the most optimistic case where they sign Nene, the shooting guard rotation is T-Will and Jermaine Taylor; the backups in the front court are Morris, Hill and Thabeet, and they're going to need 82 games of quality backup PG play from Flynn.

I'm totally sold on Morey's bets on draft pedigree. But after giving up Patterson, Lee and Dragic, those '09 draft busts comprise half of the 9-man rotation.

Hell, do you realize that after the Gasol trade and Nene signing, MIAMI's god-damn 4-9 from last year are going to be superior to what the Rockets are going to be trotting out there?

I've pretty much gotten behind the idea of a Gasol/Nene frontcourt, but Morey trashing Patterson and Lee as throw-ins to the trade is just too much. The team really won't be able to compete next year, and it's going to be really, really ugly.

20. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

DaDakota hates white people who brush with Crest and play with defensive hands. ;p