1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Before the NBA playoffs resume Friday night, we're talking Rockets, including individual team awards. We're live NOW!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

[Official] White Sox @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, May 20, 2019.

1. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

It was an impressive poke as well....

Uprising likes this.
  2. SemisolidSnake

Jake hit the ball over eleventy-one miles per hour. But White's HR went over everything and probably would have left the ballpark if the roof was open.

Anyway, here's Jake's HR.

Here's White's.

3. HTown2017Champs

Great game! What are Peacock's numbers this month so far, and who are the other top performers in the AL? Wondering if he has a shot at Pitcher of the Month?

Side note: Kemp looks very comfortable at 2B. He's great at diving and making stops. I know he didn't record the out today, but still excellent effort, and the play was very close. I believe that guy is pretty fast (White Sox have a ton of speed) so probably an out with a slower batter. Also, let's not forget his heroics in the first game against Boston. I know we won't see him at second too much since we have better options when healthy, but of course the versatility is very nice.

Hank McDowell and Houstunna like this.
  4. bobrek

He's given up 8 runs in 20.2 innings this month, mainly due to the Minnesota debacle. No where near pitcher of the month

5. HTown2017Champs

Forgot about the Minnesota game. I don't think I really watched that series, I was out of town. I just remember it didn't go well for us. Anyway, this may be asking for too much, but I'd love to see at least one of our guys get PotM this season.

6. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Got to claim the work set for tomorrow’s game i’ll be there for Verlander. Hope the customers like Astros

7. SemisolidSnake

If they don't, find new customers. You think I'm kidding...

houstonstime likes this.
  8. Stros4me

Stros4me Member

That versatility likely keeps him on the roster when White is cut loose.

9. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Tony Kemp has been playing 2B since College maybe since Little league, high school. In the Minors he was winning Championships with Correa as a Double play partner.
    Tony Kemp should've played more games at 2B as a callup years ago. Marwin was blocking Kemp as a bench 2B

10. Buck Turgidson

Marwin was a better and more valuable player than Kemp back then, so that made sense. Now Kemp is the 3rd/4th 2B on the team while having spent a bunch of time learning how to play the OF. So what's the problem?

CheezeyBoy22 likes this.
  11. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Big Kemp fan. Type of player that makes things happen (with glove, with bat) regardless of the numbers. And more important, he seems like a great guy in the locker room and dugout. Upbeat, plays all out (as he describes, plays "like his hair is on fire").

HTown2017Champs likes this.
  12. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Correa, Kemp, McCullers Jr, Devenski all grew up in the minors together, winning Championships at Quad Cities River Bandits, Lancaster Jethawks, Kemp won AAA Championships, 1 National Championship with Tyler White.

Wish the Astros kept Hader, knew it was a mistake. Was extremely sad he got traded.
    Josh Hader was throwing 94-95 mph as a 19 yr old in Quad Cities as a starter. He was out pitching Mark Appel in Corpus Christi and had a 3 era while Appel had a 5 era.

13. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

14. bobrek

Not sure I understand the issue. Are you saying Kemp should have been playing instead of Marwin 2015-2018?

15. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

17. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

18. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

Brady Rodgers... doesn't he play in the NFL?

19. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I don’t care as long as he can sling it

20. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member