1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NEW NAME: Official Waiting for DMo's First Game Back as a Player Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Os Trigonum, Dec 2, 2016.

1. Remlap

Remlap Member

Rox fans be like:

[​IMG]

2. fattz

fattz Member

We are both in favor of retaining him but for different reasons. You are more about the here and now. I am about retaining as many assets as possible by signing real players (on good contracts) instead of the possible, maybe, one day if they are willing to sign here players. I think you and I are somewhat like minded and that scares me just a little. Spacing from the 5 and the 4 ? --> rebounding? Would be neat to see.

3. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I never want to see Anderson and D-Mo on the court at the same time. That would be so terrible for rebounding. If you thought Denver's nonstop gobbling of offensive rebounds was bad, wait until you see a front court of Ryno and DMo (assuming DMo gets matched of course). My prediction is that we play D-Mo next to Capela or Trez as much as possible, since outside of Bev and Harden, they are the only players that can rebound worth a damn and the only bigmen that can. DMo's habit of boxing out for everyone and anyone else on his team would match up very well with Capela and Trez IMO.

4. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

Dmo off the bench would add just that much more fire power

5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

I am not even certain everybody is on the same page.

FTW Rockets FTW likes this.
  6. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

How many hours till deadline?

I'm starting to get the felling they'll pass on this.

7. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

1059pm Monday Houston time.

8. mrm32

mrm32 Member

EGo/DMo PnR? Yes please.

9. tbw914

tbw914 Member

has codman given us any info on if we will sign him?

10. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Last he reported, he said the locker room has mixed feelings on him. Obviously some guys know they will lose minutes/be cut if he is signed.

tbw914 likes this.
  11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Well his source is Nene - so yeah....lol
    DD

omgTHEpotential and RudyTBag like this.
  12. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

it will be up to James I bet. His team, his call.

13. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

cut that fool bobby brown

14. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Don't know why, but I have a feeling we will hear something tonight at around 8 or 9pm.

15. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

that would be nice

16. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

I don't think anyone should assume anything from the fact the offer wasn't immediately matched. It's a complex contract and it will have ramifications regarding free agency in the summer that probably none here but BimaThug is sophisticated enough about this stuff to understand. If we don't match, it won't be about whether or not we like D-Mo the player but whether or not we want to be tied down in a way that prevents us from improving the team, for a guy that possibly can't be his old self again and was only great in part of one season. Parsons was a hard decision for Morey (this is stuff everyone knows) because matching would have meant this was the team we were going with for the next few years, without the ability to make any other moves. The contract was structured to be unappealing to The Rockets in that way. Still, he struggled with the decision and didn't make it until the last minute. In the end it was the right decision. When it happened most here were very upset and calling for Morey's head, but no one doubts that move now. It was the right move.

My main point is that the reasons for matching/not matching this contract are more complicated than most here (including me for sure) can grog. And even with the opt-outs, we're not going to match if we intend to opt out. We'll match if we intend to keep him or get his value up so he can be part of a trade. My main point is that this issue is above the pay-grade of most here. I'm looking to Bima and Clutch to best understand, but it's not an easy decision and it's not about liking/not liking D-Mo. It's about the implications for the future.

And though DD is spreading his usual nonsense (he'd crawl across cut glass for a white role player as he's so clearly demonstrated) about how signing D-Mo is about winning NOW when no team in the league knows if he can make a NBA roster anymore, it's not a given he'll contribute here. To match would be to take a chance on him when we don't know. The opt-outs make is considerably more attractive but they're not going to sign him if they need to cut him in March in order to be a player in free agency which could benefit our team more.

It's not as simple as most anyone is making it out to be. I'd still match for the reasons I've posted before. This is an incredibly team-friendly/player-not friendly contract. About the worst any agent could have done for him. I call it malpractice and I mean it. Anyone that's still with D-Mo's agent should look at this deal and get a new agent, like yesterday. It's a horrible contract for D-Mo. That doesn't mean it's a good one for us. There are a lot of factors in play and most of us are just fans and don't and couldn't understand them well. That's why we have Morey, thank goodness.

His record as GM tells me he'll make the right decision even though the right decision depends on a pretty hefty amount of guess work as to what sort of player we'd be getting if we match.

LonghornFan likes this.
  17. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

sauces:

18. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

19. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

DAY THREE . . . but not the weekend anymore. Probably need a new DMo thread, since this might be my last chance to start a new DMo thread if Daryl takes a pass.

20. omgTHEpotential

[​IMG]