1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Week 3 Texans @ Patriots

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Sep 19, 2017.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yeah, that's always stupid. I just think he made the right decision there going for the FG.

If they don't get the 4th 1 then all the Pats need is a FG to win it.

K-Low_4_Prez and DreamShook like this.
  2. Mr. Space City

well he trusted the wrong people.

i'd rather trust the dynamic quarterback that can make plays with his feet and arms or at least the power pack that can rumble forward.

3. 1234567

1234567 Member

With all the lousy mistakes by the head coach the team still had a chance and had the lead until less than 30 seconds to go.

Watson is a keeper, I was not before but now firm believer the coach needs a OC or get another job. He is head coach material but cannot run an offense. This is too plan to see.

Meanwhile, Watt has 0 sacks in 3 games.....

Don't give me but he was triple teamed. He was defense MVP because he was and still cause havoc. Now, he is JAG to me. Better fund raiser then player.

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

See, now I'm being triggered by everything now.. What the **** is a "red area"!? I'm not accepting "red area".. I REFUSE "RED AREA"!

#1404 DreamShook, Sep 24, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
    adw, tmoney1101 and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

It definitely happened, I hope someone will have a replay of it, I could have swore I saw a ref run right past Watson as he was calling for a timeout.

6. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

7. T for 3

T for 3 Member

8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

9. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

stop... I've been critical of JJ but he was pretty good today. don't just look at sacks because he was wreaking havoc all day. him commanding those triple teams allows guys like covington and clowney and mercilus winning their 1on1s and getting sacks

Two Sandwiches and IronTexan93 like this.
  10. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

i was actually mad when we got 3 yards to set up 3rd and 1 because i knew we'd just run up the middle whereas 3rd and 4 maybe they let watson make a play. these are the games that tell you if a coach is for real. watson is trying to make a name for himself and you run the ball 3 straight times as you last offensive series? you don't give your mobile qb a run/pass option? you run straight up the middle to an all-out blitz? no play change? come on. and then the non-timeout? i don't even understand. yes, watson was calling for one as early as 6 seconds but that is still inexcusable. you've been coaching forever. you know you aren't getting up the line and doing anything with 14 seconds left. you have to call the timeout. inexcusable in the truest sense of the word. that just means you don't know how to coach. not that other teams don't do this against the pats, but lots of other teams have pathetic coaches also. the meekest playcalling to give them the ball back, no aggression to stop them, and not knowing how the clock works when you get it back. every facet of late game blowing you could have. horrible.

and then like i said, how lucky can brady be? 2 legit-as-can-be turnover opportunities and he just dodges them both and and gets an iffy replay for his winning td.

11. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How easily we could have won this by just recovering one of those stripped balls, held on to a catch all the way to the ground on the interception, and not throwing the ball right into the hands of NE where they could score. Typical ending, when you finally think the Texans can do it. Ugh

12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

you know me, #dontbegreedy. I prefer 3 points to 7 points anyway.. That was never in question.

D'onta should have been running on 3rd down.. or something else besides Miller up the freaking middle.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Man I sure hope BTG is giving props.

14. Malaya

Malaya Member

Btw I got frustrated with Braxton Miller. Can that guy catch?

We should also have given Foreman more runs on the outside. Patriots couldn't cover him.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

They should run Miller up the middle infrequently.

So much so that every time they do it, it is a trick play.

Crashlanded19 likes this.
  16. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Is it me or do Texans head coaches from Dom, to Kubiak and now Bill always do the damn run it up the middle on third and short regardless of the defensive scheme play?

They were all super predicable on third and short.

17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

As mad as i am at the loss, i gotta say great team effort today.

pgabriel likes this.
  18. 1234567

1234567 Member

I know Watt doing his thing BUT this is a results league. Sacks and hits to QB counts. He will be loved by his team mates but when avg Joe looks at stats that's where he is JAG.

19. TheresTheDagger

Buzz cut Butt chin....FTL

francis 4 prez and J.R. like this.
  20. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

Why are we challenging the decision to kick FG? If you don't get it you're up 1 and Tom Brady has to drive what, 40-50 yards to get to an easy FG with 2:30 left? We lost because we ran out of steam, couldn't recover the fumble, and dropped the INT. Let's not overanalyze.

Great game sans outcome.

JayGoogle and pgabriel like this.