1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Week 1 Dolphins @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

12:00 on CBS Announcers will be Ian Eagle/Dan Fouts.

Official Game Thread schedule:

Sunday and Monday night game threads go up the Tuesday before.

Any games that start before Sunday: game threads will go up on the Monday before.

2. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

I'm wondering how much strategy regarding this game will be revealed this week on Hard Knocks.

3. TheBrownDude

TheBrownDude Member

Obvious win. I plan on seeing Tannehill running around and getting harassed. Dre' gets his first TD of the season in this one. 30-3 Texans.

4. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

Bulls on parade begins this Sunday and ends after a Super Bowl win!

Texans 23 Dolphins 14

5. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Coming out fantasy party for the two Grahams; Shayne and Garrett.

All the people who picked OD will be placing their waiver wire claims on Garrett before 2:30pm on Sunday once they realize that OD has taken Dreesen's job as the primary blocking TE while Graham is relegated to the mop-up duty of highlight reel catches and TD scores.

And we had one in baseball, we had one in basketball, it's football's turn now. That's right, Shaner #3 has arrived in Houston, and he's here to become a top 5 kicker in fantasy. No stats all-star? Screw that! How about All Stats No Star! Yeah, I can deal with that.

6. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

yey! the season is almost here!!

7. solid

solid Contributing Member

I will tell you after this game if the Texans are going to the super bowl. Schaub is not so great at home (strange), the Texans have issues on the right offensive line. The defense has looked less than stellar in the preseason. The Dolphins shouldn't be too difficult to beat. If the Texans don't get their head into the game early and take Miami lightly, this could be a disastrous and I mean disastrous (on the level of UH and Texas State) loss. The season could "virtually" end before it begins. Expectations are sky high, and a sloppy, careless, uninspired start could dash our hopes. These are the games that I worry about the Kubiak factor. If this team is really who we think they are, they should roll over the Dolphins and never look back. If they fumble and bumble around...well you know what will happen.

8. Relentless

Relentless Member

Texans 27-6

9. noscrusir

noscrusir Contributing Member

Just got my tickets! Going to my first game ever - section 509. Looking forward to getting loud and watching us roll the phins :)

10. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Hopefully they tee off on Tannehill early and take the starch out of Miami before it's a game.

11. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Wade repeatedly said that in the pre-season they were only going to run a base defense. A very vanilla defense. He didn't want to show anything.

12. GCWTexans

GCWTexans Member

Announcers

Anyone know why local nfl game announcers are not used? I would much rather listen to Vandermeer than Fouts. Fouts has to be one of the worst cbs announcers. In basketball and baseball, you have the local guys, but not football.

13. BaMcMing

BaMcMing Contributing Member

Mute the tube and turn on 610. I used to do this during Rockets games because I felt the same way about Gene and Jim vs. Bill Worrell

14. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

That's a profoundly dumb statement.

15. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EYWZZlVlFb4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    It's go time!

Also, I don't know where to ask this, but if we could keep fantasy talk on fantasy threads, bc I don't care if so and so drafted Reggie Bush as a value pick in the 7th.

16. crose

crose Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Watching Hard Knocks......this Dolphins team comes across as the biggest candy-ass pansy team that I have ever seen......I will be thoroughly disappointed if we do not dominate from beginning to end.

17. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

I'll be pissed if they show Troy Nolan spilling all of the beans for the world to see.

18. today

today Contributing Member

I hope we come out of the gates fast, but I'm not so sure that will happen... Texans 26-16

19. Marteen

Marteen Member

I am not picking this team to go to the Super Bowl, because I don't know how healthy they will turn out by the end of the season. I had to suffer as a Rockets fan when I would see Yao gone for the season, T-Mac the next on the years where they were considered contenders.

Now, the Texans are considered Texans. I hope and pray that they can stay healthy, so I'll be holding my breath each Sunday.

That said, they should win this game vs. Miami. Here's to a fun, exciting season unlike anything witnessed as a Texans fan.

20. Marteen

Marteen Member

Now the Texans are considered contenders*

Damn it, I hate not being able to edit my posts. I know I have to be a contributing but damn it. lol