1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] Tulsi Gabbard for President Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Os Trigonum, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Senator

Senator Member

What does she have on an actual candidate like Elizabeth Warren? Warren is only a woman, but Gabbard is a minority AND young?

Policy wise you stick with Warren. Charisma wise, Gabbard is more of a press room coordinator than a leader. The media pushing an anti interventionist stance on foreign policy is nothing new and where America is headed regardless. Wish the Dems would have some more solidarity instead of throwing all the "stats" in the ring and hoping for the best..

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I honestly don't know much about Tulsi Gabbard, but it appears she has tweeted a lot about this... here's one:

A few others...

3. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Dems continue to muddy the waters to the delight of the Repubs.

4. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I'm not sure what you mean by this.

I'm like 80% in line with Gabbard and about 75% in line with Warren, so eh.

Actually it would be the first time in... damn near ever. Certainly the first time since 9/11.

There's still plenty of forever-war cheerleaders, especially near the levers of power. American withdrawal from foreign entanglements is by no means the favored outcome.

I'm not sure what you mean by this.

ThatBoyNick likes this.
  5. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Having a totally inbred, non-competitive primary in 2016 didn't exactly help the Democrats.

What you want to avoid is the 2012 Republican primary, where essentially everyone hated the choices they had because nobody wanted to step in front of the buzzsaw that was Barack Obama. Right now no Democrat is afraid of Trump or biding their time til 2024, and rightly so.

The enormous field in 2016 had some dead weight in it, but it held on offer far more qualified and respectable candidates than 2012 did. The problem with 2016 was that the sheer volume of the field led to a "white noise" phenomenon whereas everyone *not* named Donald Trump ended up blending together and stealing votes from one another, thereby allowing the biggest demagogue in recent memory to stay in a race that in years past they would have been booted from long before Super Tuesday.

The other benefit to a large field for Democrats is camouflage against the herd. Trump is given an advantage by having a singular target to focus his misinformation and smear campaign against. The longer the field stays crowded, the less time Trump can be on the offensive.

What will kill Democrats is if they quickly coalesce around another centrist, milque-toast, corporate nuthugger.

6. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Your analysis sound legit but with such a large field and Bernie and his supporters in the mix it causes so much confusion. And worse disloyalty within the party as candidates drop. The filler candidates need to be ousted quick and stick with 3-5 solid, electable, choices. WH is there for the taking unless the Dems royally botch it and with so many candidates who are either geriatric or unknown they could well be on their way.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  7. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

That's who I'm voting for!

8. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

CNN? Scripted? NOO... They would never give a democrat questions ahead of time...

9. CCorn

CCorn Member

I listened to the Rogan interview from September. I was very impressed. If she can make it through the corruption that is the DNC, she’d be hard to beat.

When asked about “free education” I absolutely loved her answer of “that’s not fixing the real issue of the increased costs of education”. I’ve never been a supporter of free education, but it has always boggled my mind how my tuition was 2x my sisters only 6 years later.

I’d be entertained seeing how the derp state tries to attack her. I guess they’d attack her religion, even though it’s a religion of peace.

Hakeemtheking, arkoe and DonnyMost like this.
  10. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Dunno about repubs, but as a libertarian leaning minarchist I like her foreign policy so far.

11. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

[Educational Post]
    Foreign ties? You are aware that Obama was a dual citizen of both Kenya and the United States until he was 23 years old, correct?

GOOD DAY

12. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You realize that has zero to do with any actions Obama took and 100% automatic as a result of the Kenyon constitution, right?

Here's the thing. Either you did no that which means you were then unable to see that your post made no point. Or you didn't know that and you need to have a better understanding before posting.

Or there is a third option. You knew that but wanted to troll anyway.

13. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

[Premium Post]
    I hope you realize, young man, that Obama's Kenyan citizenship is an approximately 100% greater conflict than the fake accusations of Trump's ties to Russia from the last 2 years... accusations that you have gleefully slung with no shred of evidence to support your position.

Emotional rage will cause people like yourself to drop all objectivity and abandon their moral compass! And that's really the foundational difference between how liberals and conservatives think. Liberals act based on emotion and feelings, and conservatives act based on logic and reason.

GOOD DAY

14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Good lord. Lol. Obama birtherism is still alive and well with the Trumpers who still cannot fathom Trump ties to Russia and never will. You guys live in your own little fantasy land if you want to. Go for it.

Regarding Gabbards potential forgeign ties - my biggest red flag that was raised was when Gabbard went out of her way to recite basically Russian talking points about Assad. That’s like Trump talking about how it was right for Russia to invade Afghanistan... just sends a huge red flag up in the air that you are like the one American who wouid say that randomly.

But sometimes some people say random stupid stuff. I just think in general we obviously need to have better ways of doing background checks and disclosures for the American public for presidential candidates.

Trump was negotiating Trump Tower Moscow directly with the Kremlin during the campaign, lying about it, and nobody had any way to know that. 2020 candidates, even in my own tribe, should be checked out by senior FBI officials to make sure we never have a repeat of this nightmare.

15. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Second red flag has to be this random love she gets from Trumpers. That’s weird.

16. CCorn

CCorn Member

Good god have the low life uneducated poor posters decided to start attacking this thread with birther garbage? Go log into one of your other 5 troll accounts and call Harden fat.

dachuda86 likes this.
  17. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Wait... so because Trump supporters like someone you can't? Common you know that is silly. She may be a uniter. That there is good reason to consider her.

DonnyMost and ThatBoyNick like this.
  18. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

CCorn... is right? Birther stuff doesnt need to be in this thread.

19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

You'll find people on both sides like anti corrupt honest politicians. It's why Bernie was half liked by many center right and libertarians.

Hell, it's the core reason some liked Trump and chose him over Hillary. Unfortunately that was a scam, but still the pathways of interest are there.

The poor are tired of being ****ed by corrupt politicians doing the bidding of the rich on both sides.

dachuda86 likes this.
  20. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Aloha. Just got curious where she stood on green issues. She even reaches across the isle.