1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official Thread] Media/Player Reaction to James Harden 2019-2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HoustonTexas, Nov 18, 2019.

1. macan

macan Member

dam i can't decide which one is more punchable, this ric dude or that good will dude..

2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Iverson is loved because he is hood and small. In reality he is what everyone says negatively about Harden's offense

Blurr#7 likes this.
  3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Its sad Paul got hurt in the 2018 WCF. I hope Harden and Westbrook can finish cause if Harden never wins these negatives will last fairly or not

HoustonTexas and BaselineFade like this.
  5. coyotetex

coyotetex Member

Fun Fact: Michael Jordan career 3pt % = 32.7% at a tiny volume (1.7 per game)

Harden career 3pt % = 36.4% at one of the highest volumes of all time (7.4 per game and going up fast)

Jordan was below average from the 3pt line. People who think that Jordan would magically improve his 3pt % by increasing his volume to today's rates are smoking crack.

BigMaloe, Deuce, Richie_Rich and 2 others like this.
  6. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Even Jordan had his detractors before he got past the Pistons, didn’t he?

BaselineFade and RayRay10 like this.
  7. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Jordan would improve his % because he would have grown up in an era where shooting the 3 was a big deal, and he was a basketball nut that lived in the gym and always honed his game. Put Dream in this era and he’d knock down threes too, because he’d work on it.

Blurr#7, IvanLCPM and BaselineFade like this.
  8. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

He did.

9. JackLordsHair66

That dude is flat out a b**** and is seriously the epitome of a sh** stirrer hot taker, has virtually no understanding of the points he is trying to make it’s all gut level hater bullsh**, was a. Soccer player in college and frankly I can’t find anywhere where he played organized basketball at all. So his opinion is just that and it’s pretty uneducated at that.

I have one sure fire way for Harden to give them ALL the middle finger and have the last laugh (other than the facts that he’s made more in 1 year than they will make in their lifetime, and will go down in NBA history as one the best players to ever play the game) he simply has to carry his team through the playoffs and win a championship. It’s really that simple I’m not sure yet if this is the team that he can achieve that with as yet, but I’m hoping it is. Harden has seemingly had the path of most resistance against him the last several years and I do think he’s had some questionable games in some of the series (first WCF and the Spurs series) but he’s also had the least talented rosters year in and year out that have gone the deepest and if it hasn’t been for the GSW dynasty I feel certain he wouldn’t have at least one ring... he’s gotta go get it NOW !!

jowman likes this.
  10. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Look closely.

Rich Bucher = Steve Kerr's older brother.

BaselineFade and HP3 like this.
  11. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Kawhi the best player and the mention Harden shooting is poor?

do some fact check Rick.

Kawhi is shooting 28% from three

harden is at 34% and rising.

Kawhi is 42% overall

harden is also 42% overall.

neither are shooting lights out but harden is shooting better it’s just a quick fact check if these dudes actually did their job.

and Kawhi night scare some ppl when he’s on D but he def doesn’t scare Harden.

harden goes right at him.

clippers I hope get smacked in the mouth and lose 1st round.

I can’t believe I actually like the lakers more than the clippers.

clippers haven’t done anything yet and there being propped up as this unstoppable team because of Kawhi who won a title against a depleted team and also played on a team that was super talented. Harden would have won a title with that raptors team easy so would a few guys.

I don’t even hate Kawhi the player but to the media this dude can do no wrong on the court when in reality he hasn’t been very good on the either side or the court this year so far.

12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

This came across my timeline and all I can say is, what the f*ck.

Russ is playing well and bringing a different dynamic to the team, but he isn't the (main) reason Harden is balling. They're always trying to take stuff away from Harden and attribute his success to someone/something else. First it was MDA's system, now it's Russ.

#52 DreamShook, Nov 19, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
  13. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

14. HoustonTexas

HoustonTexas Member

Around the Horn 11.19.2019

don grahamleone and BaselineFade like this.
  15. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

This sh*t is like living in the twilight zone. There is a wave of negativity heading towards Harden and the Rockets this year. The more they win and the more Harden shows out the worst it will get.

I get the "rings don't matter" sentiment from most posters on this site. But a ring for James and these Rockets freaking matters man. It may not be fair but it's the only way to silence these lunatics, and get Harden the respect that he deserves.

RayRay10 and HoustonTexas like this.
  16. Air Canada

Air Canada Member

Bullshit take... Wade grew up in an era where shooting the 3 was a big deal and dude was an excellent midrange shooter like MJ who also honed his game... He worked on it, but was never a good 3pt shooter... Just cuz you work at something hard doesn't mean you'll become good at it.. And there were plenty good 3pt shooters in MJs era.. Nonsense argument.

17. jowman

jowman Member

The media types that love sucking kawhi and Giannis dicks are a bunch of weak men thst lack testosterone. Jump on the bandwagon and hate on the safe choice

18. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I disagree. Jordan was a better shooter than Wade. That’s evident in the free throw shooting. Jordan had a couple of years before his first retirement where he shot an above average number of 3s and actually hit more than 35% of them. Wade never did that. Jordan could have adapted to be a more dangerous 3 point shooter in this era, but he wouldn’t shooting them as frequently has Harden. His midrange game was too lethal for him to give that up.

harold bingo and BaselineFade like this.
  19. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

@Tfor3, you're late to the game thread show!

Tfor3 likes this.
  20. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I mean, at this point it is pretty obvious McGrady is salty about Harden's success in Houston (relative to his own).

I don't know what it is about NBA players (versus other leagues) but they really get salty at other players success. Insecurity and ego.

Richie_Rich and D-rock like this.