1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Saints

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Sep 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

no doubt. You knew they were going to bring it in the 4th, it would just have nice that to see the defense step up in crunch time...something that they never showed last year.

2. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Let's all please just stop arguing about who we think screwed up the game. I think we can all agree that we went from being a collection of bloodthirsty minotaurs for 3 quarters into a herd of goats for the 4th. I don't think there's more than 2 or 3 guys that warrant an exception.

If 33 points excuses Schaub and the offense for their faults, than the INTs, sacks, and holding NO to 17 through 3 would excuse the defense.

EVERYONE was kicking butt early. (Almost) Everyone was guilty of a choke job late.

That performance would have still blown out half the teams on our schedule.

Let's hope they get back on track going forward. This is the buzzsaw portion of the season. Let's try and get to 7-3 or at least 6-4 at the bye week point.

3. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

That the way I saw it as well but then, I saw a lot of this sort of thing last year from Wade's Cows defense. The Saints made an adjustment in the 2nd half to negate the Texans' pass rush and Wade didn't have a response. I suppose he should have blitzed more but then that would have exposed the secondary even more. This defense still does not have the right personnel to fully exploit Wade's scheme and it will show from time to time.

Next week: Pittsburgh. I am curious to see if the Texans can shutdown the Steeler run game like the Colts did last night because that threw a major wrench in their offensive plans and you know the Texans will be able to put more than 20 points on the board. However, the Steelers have played two poor games so far and I expect them to put forth a much better effort. Tomlin did not look happy at all about their level of play which was sloppy and stale so I expect it to be a long week in Pittsburgh.

4. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

What's it gonna take for us to finally get a legit #2 CB next to Joseph?

Are the Eagles still shopping Samuels?

5. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

i didn't expect 23 points, but i sure as hell expected the saints to light us up. and let's just call it like it is... this team has earned the reputation they've bestowed upon themselves. they have won very few meaningful/big games in their ten year existence, so giving up 23 points in the 4th quarter is completely par for the course for this franchise.

i really didn't expect to win this game, but it sure as hell sucks knowing we very well could have and just stole defeat from the jaws of victory.... again.

if they're ever going to be taken seriously, they NEED to start winning these games and not golly-gee-shucking them away.

6. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

actually not really.. I think I heard on the radio it was the most points given up in the 4th by the Texans. :eek::grin:

and what was up with the two point conversions? It looked like the same damn play with the reciever wide open both times.

#1706 magnetik, Sep 26, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2011
  7. vaioavan63

vaioavan63 Contributing Member

I don't have much to add but wtf does Texans management see in Creamed Jackson and Steve Slaton?

8. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Bring in Asante ASAP

9. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

What can we offer them?

10. ubigred

Kareem Jackson, Steve Slaton, Brian Cushing, and our best BBQ ribs.

11. ubigred

Cushing needs his steroids back.

12. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Cushing has played great this season...

13. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Cushing and Antonio Smith have been the most consistent players on the defense.

14. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

So imagine how good Cushing would be on the juice.

[​IMG]

15. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Kareem Jackson has improved since last season. Evident the first few games. Everyone gets torched against Brees when he has time to throw. And on that drive where the ball was thrown to Moore time and time again, it was Nolans man most of the times. Kareems an average cb who doesn't make many plays.

16. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Hulk Hogan has no
    hair
    , likely from steroid use.

17. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

At least, he can make tackles on running backs. Something Allen sucks at royally.

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Can he give some to Kareem?>

Rocket River

19. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Kareem would be a good box safety. It's funny though, Quinn has been for the most part, a solid safety. His run support has been a great dimension to our defense.

20. Pete the Cheat

so I went to the game in NOLA, and have to give Saints fans their due respect...
    that place was out of control in the 4th Qtr. You could tell the crowd noise really seemed to effect the Texans play calling, and I wouldn't be shocked if the huge drop by Tate wasn't in part due to the nerves of an environment like that.

I am almost glad we lost, this was an L you can still take alot of positives away from...and it was a damn impressive showing against a super bowl contender at their house...

on a personal note, I wish we had a game in NOLA every year. the fans were actually pretty respectful, and damn does that city make for an enjoyable weekend get away..

the Texans were well represented on the road. You get the sense that New Orleans fans have a certain amount of respect for Houston they might not show to other cities. I guess you could kind of consider them that drunk older brother we have to take care of from time to time.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.