1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Patriots

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Jan 9, 2017.

1. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What's weird is that I don't even remember that and I watched every minute of that game. I think my brain conveniently erases a lot of the disappointing losses we have endured during the years, just so I can cope with another season. It's just a coping mechanism I guess, as a fan dating back to the Oilers. The only game that I can't erase was when the Bills came back from such a huge deficit to knock us out, but only because I had Cowboys fans laughing at me at work every time Buffalo scored another touchdown.

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

He'll be worse off than Andre. Andre put up better stats than this with David Carr and Case Keenum.

I'm not even sure we'll keep him with all our needs elsewhere

RasaqBoi likes this.
  3. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Hopkins has been in the playoffs 2 of his first 4 years. It took Andre 9 years before he got to the playoffs.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  4. Bennie Anders

Bennie Anders Member

Bingo.

Hopkins is a *great* player who always give his all in every situation. He's a warrior and a winner. He's not a part of any problem.

Andre Johnson"left" because he would not have made the team.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  5. conquistador#11

6. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

I do support the Texans. I also think logically & not like a dreamer like you do. Keep supporting the Mallets & Hoyers etc of the world. U will waste a lot of time caring for this organization that will never improve.

If the Cowboys lose today, I'm good with the season. Don't care who comes into NRG.

FTW Rockets FTW likes this.
  7. Mr. Clutch

Not arguing that DeAndre isn't great.

I'm saying his stats suffer more on bad teams. Even with garbage QBs Andre was putting up ridiculous stats.

Hopkins didn't do that this year.

Now arguably osweiler is worse than David Carr and Case Keenum, and O'Brien's offense is worse than Dom Caper's, so that would explain it.

But you have to question if DeAndre wants to come back and play for O'Brien and Osweiler. I wouldn't if I was him

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  8. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Brock wont be the QB next year. Gone the following year. There will be a new OC. Hopkins doesnt have a choice for atleast 1 more season....after that..he can be tagged.

9. Mr. Clutch

Unfortunately I think this FO likes osweiler

10. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

The FO is not stupid. They see his performance. They also see the Fans have had it with Brock. It will be a competition....a fair one.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

AJ Bouye: "I would like to be back. It'll mean a lot because it'll show that they really wanted me. They saw what I did this year and there are better things that are going to happen in the future from an individual standpoint & a team standpoint."

John Simon: "I would love to be back here. I love the team. I love the coaching staff. I love the community & the city. We're going to do whatever it takes to get it done."

Jonathan Grimes: "Every opportunity, I want to make the most of it. I always liked Houston. This is the first place that gave me a shot. Obviously, I had a good time so far, good success here. I've got nothing but love for Houston."

Bill O'Brien: "I can tell you we want AJ Bouye back."

Bill O'Brien on Romeo Crennel who is in the final year of his contract: "Romeo's done a great job and I know We'd love to have him back"

Bill O'Brien would like Shane Lechler, who can become an unrestricted free agent,to return: "I think everybody knows how I feel about Shane"

Texans corner Kevin Johnson said he expects to make full recovery from foot surgery for Jones fracture, participate in offseason program

Bill O'Brien on if he would draft a quarterback: 'We're so far from answering that question'

Bill O'Brien on J.J. Watt: 'He's doing well. You can see him running and doing stuff in the weight room. Ahead of schedule.'

Bill O'Brien on if George Godsey will be back: 'We're looking at everything.' Emphasized nothing decided on anything for anyone

Bill O'Brien: 'I never have a feeling of entitlement. I hate that word.'

Bill O'Brien on Brock Osweiler if he's the starter heading into offseason: 'We've got to evaluate everything.' Emphasized too early to say

Bill O'Brien on Derek Newton: 'We care about Derek. He's working hard to come back. It was a tough injury.' Bill O'Brien said he has no timetable for Derek Newton, who tore both patellar tendons against Broncos

Bill O'Brien told the players not to take too much time off and to get better and not spend too much time on the couch

Bill O'Brien emphasized no decisions made on quarterback, staff, etc. Said he still has to meet with Bob McNair, Rick Smith

Houstunna and Two Sandwiches like this.
  12. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

From OBrien quotes...he's basically saying that Bouye will be resigned, Crennel will get an extension, Godsey is a goner, and Osweiler will not be the starting QB next season.

Fulgore, Two Sandwiches and crose like this.
  13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

As to the last one, I think he's saying that he's not going to be the presumptive starter, that it will be a QB competition.

14. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

I took it as him saying "I haven't a clue in the world" because he is literally clueless as to how to fix this mess.

Mr. Clutch, Nimo and Bobbythegreat like this.
  15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I could see that too.

16. Nimo

Nimo Member

the only thing he is sure about is that he needs Crennel's defense.

I don't think Bouye is going to be back. If he is regarded as the best free agent corner, some other teams will shell out that coach. Remember, this team still has to figure out how to pay Hopkins.

Houstunna likes this.
  17. SuraGotMadHops

For crying out loud J.J., I'd feel better if you just do things on regular schedule from now on, ok?

MystikArkitect likes this.
  18. rezdawg

We will have almost 40 million in cap money after cutting Joseph, Cushing, Clark, Newton, Bergstrom, and Weeden.

Hopkins extension kicks in after we release Brock, so that's not a problem financially.

We can keep Bouye, set aside 7 million for the rookie class, then have about 25 million to spend on FAs.

19. rezdawg

Sure, QB competition...which means that Osweiler wont be the starter.

20. mick fry

mick fry Member

Rick should take notes.