1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans Off Season Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Jan 16, 2017.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

Vikings running back Adrian Peterson says he sees himself remaining with Minnesota next season but mentioned the New York Giants, Houston Texans and Tampa Bay Buccaneers as teams he might consider in free agency.

"I see myself in purple. A lot has to take place," Peterson said on First Take on Thursday. "I see myself finishing off in purple. It is a business at the end of the day, so with that, things could end up differently. ... Hopefully we can work things out."

The 31-year-old, a seven-time Pro Bowler and the league's MVP in 2012, has spent 10 years with the Vikings. Peterson said if he were to enter free agency that he would want to go to a team with an opportunity to compete for the Super Bowl. He said he would want to play for a team with a good defense, a good offensive scheme and a great coaching staff.

"There's a couple teams out there that I've thought about. ... New York was one of them that popped up, Tampa Bay, lot of different teams. Houston would be a good spot," Peterson said. "I'll stop right there. ... I'm just throwing random names out there."

Despite the injuries, Peterson said he believes he has five more years as a premier running back.

"I have a mindset to be my best," he said. "Going into the next season, I'll be ready to roll."
    http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...w-york-giants-tampa-buccaneers-houston-texans

2. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Can he play QB? Wildcat threat all day!

3. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Id trade Lamar Miller for him right now.

4. Fantasma Negro

For Peterson to live in the trainers room, no thanks. I wouldn't mind signing him but we need o line help but the two headed machine with good blocking would make Brock/Savage love competent

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Adrian Peterson would be a really good back for what BOB likes to do and would complement Lamar Miller really well......but I doubt they'd bring him in unless the contract was cheap.

6. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I think using Lamar Miller as a battering ram worked pretty well.

zeeshan2 likes this.
  7. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Ha. The way hes going, hes not gonna have much more production that AD is gonna have going forward. Miller is just not a very smart runner; Always taking unnecessary hard hits with no vision. I miss Arian.

8. conquistador#11

more zone, less running into the north side of the wall.

9. Nimo

Nimo Member

I would love Adrian but with as well as Gurley, Gordon, and Elliot (Ajayi to a lesser extent) are doing; you can get more bang for your buck from the draft.

10. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Love to have All day here...but its very unrealistic unless he comes with a dirt cheap contract or a massive trade involving the Vikings and Texans...

11. awc713

awc713 Member

so...Kiper's first mock has Texans taking:

25. Houston Texans
    *Budda Baker, S, Washington

Baker, the fourth safety off the board so far, is a dynamic athlete with a small frame -- he's only 5-10, 173. He was a tackling machine for the Huskies, and he had two picks and three sacks in 2016. Quintin Demps is a free agent, and the Texans need to upgrade their defensive backfield.

12. Fantasma Negro

Mel continues to be as clueless as ever

adw and crose like this.
  13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, that's just an embarrassingly bad mock pick.

14. Nimo

Nimo Member

With the top 3 QBs and the top two OTs gone, I don't mind taking safety in the first round; just not THAT safety.

15. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I'd take AP...the Texans running up the middle might actually work. AP and Lamar would make a good combo, only issue is cost...and I'd rather use that money to build QB, OL, DB, MLB...

16. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Maybe I'm missing it but I don't see Kizer in his mock.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Realistically the Texans aren't going to spend on a new QB and OL is the first priority in the draft. If he signed a reasonable contract AD would allow the Texans to have the run game to where the QB position wouldn't be such a problem.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

There's a lot of people not high on a QB of a 4 win college team that couldn't complete even 60% of his passes his final year in college. I can't really blame them.

19. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

5-10 173? Kareem Jackson Part 2 Jeez yea we need another one of those Mel

20. Nimo

Nimo Member

Good catch. Didn't spend too much time going through the draft but assumed all three QBs were gone. Some have rated Kizer as the best QB in the draft. It goes to tell you how much of a MOCKery these are.