1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans Off Season Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Jan 16, 2017.

1. steveng125

steveng125 Member

It shows the rest of the team there not going to just throw out money because they don't want to play for a contract both sides agreed too. Brown needs to honor his contract. He's not Hopkins, Brown is getting old and on his way out of the leauge anyway.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You do that by NOT releasing him and still not giving in to his demands. You make him play out the contract or retire.

CallMeTheDream and deb4rockets like this.
  3. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

4. Mashing

Mashing Member

We must be Clemson's unofficial official NFL team at this point.

5. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

FA agents see how the Texans treat their best lineman and possibly top 3 player in team history and might not want to come here. Not to mention players on the current roster looking at this and thinking the team doesn't want to pay up

6. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

red5rocket and PhiSlamma15 like this.
  7. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Why are none of the Clemson Tigers that are on the roster now tweet anything out for this Hopper kid? There was this though:

CallMeTheDream likes this.
  8. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

This happens with a lot of teams, not only the Texans

3 current holdouts, to very important players of their team

1) Le'Veon Bell is holding out, he is definitely top 3 RBs in the league, and you could debate he is the best player in Pittsburgh, so your logic says that the Steleers players are thinking if they dont want to pay one of the best 3 players in the team, they probably wont pay anybody.

2) Also Donald Penn, he is the best linemen the Oakland Raiders have, he is 2 years older than Duane Brown( Penn is 34 years old), is the exact same situation that Brown, he is under contract but wants more money, so your logic is the same, people wouldnt want to go there, because they dont pay up? and he is very important if they dont want Carr to get injured again.

3) Aaron Donald (Rams): one of the best defensive linemen in the league right now, and the best player in the Rams roster, so its the same, he is still in his rookie deal.

9. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Side note, Duane Brown is working his ass off on the side...he's not at home eating junk food. He'll be ready to roll if he decides to show.

SinceEverSince likes this.
  10. SinceEverSince

Duane brown will start game 3 of the preseason...

macho GRANDE likes this.
  11. conquistador#11

sauces? =)

SinceEverSince likes this.
  12. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This only works when teams fold to their demands. What good is a contract if you start folding with 2 years left, and set a standard that others will try and follow in the future? It's all good when you take a signing bonus, and reap the pay, knowing that getting injured is likely, and just putting half the money in the bank would set them for life, on interest alone. But, oh wait, I got a serious injury, I have 2 years left, I don't know if I will stay healthy again, and I'm getting old, but I want more now. Their agents are like slick talking salesmen, who will do anything to get more money, even at the cost of the player's best interest. All the money Duane lost already could have put his kids through college.

13. texian

texian Member

Maybe because he quit the team before the championship season.

donkeypunch likes this.
  14. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Bell and Donald are looking to be the highest paid at their position so I don't see any similarities there. Both still very young and arguably best at their position.

You can compare Penn but at the same time they get high profile free agents to go there seems like every year. (something about the silver and black). Raiders need Penn just as much as we need Duane Brown and he'll more than likely get an adjustment as well.

15. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Watt and Watson?! I am really jealous.

16. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Duane Brown sees how we traded away Osweiler to save a few million yet didn't even spend it so he figures why not ask for more money. I'd rather get Brown paid then let Uncle Bob keep it.

17. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

What? So I guess teams don't want to any team that has a holdout? Steelers (Bell)? Rams (Donald)? Dumbass statement by a dumbass so-called fan.

18. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Speak English

19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

20. Fantasma Negro

"Don't cut me yet, I have sound bytes"