1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans Off Season thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Jan 28, 2008.

1. H-Town Info

H-Town Info Member

I think Zach thomas would be ok here for a year or two and u can move Demeco over to SLB. Plus with the cuts mades this week, Texans have about 31 mil to spend in cap room.

2. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

remember we still have our guys to re-sign

3. H-Town Info

H-Town Info Member

oh yea i forgot...

we should re-sign demps and davis for sure. But i think we should get a couple of FAs.

My list:

Justin Smith (very good run-stuffing DE and has some pass-rush ability)

Antwan Odom (good pass rusher off the edge)

Jake Scott (RG from Indy, very good run blocker and solid in pass protection. He has very good feet and would be great in zone-blocking scheme. We can get him for cheap.)

4. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

DeShaun(spelling?) Foster was just released by the Panthers. Should the Texans be interested?

5. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

IMO, no, they shouldn't. They can do better in the draft and in other free agents. Foster had promise, but is just a younger version of what Ahman Green is now...too many injuries.

6. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7831916?MSNHPHMA

Zach Thomas to sign with the Cowboys.

The Zach Thomas sweepstakes are over.

The seven-time Pro Bowl linebacker, who was released by the Dolphins last week, has agreed to a deal with the Dallas Cowboys. Thomas flew to Indianapolis on Friday to meet with owner Jerry Jones and president Stephen Jones, who were there for the NFL combine.
    The move is somewhat shocking in that, at one point, Thomas had considered canceling his meeting with the Cowboys after meeting earlier this week with the Patriots and Saints.

Thomas remains in Indianapolis with his new employers and could take a physical as early as Saturday.

Thomas' family members are lifelong Cowboys fans, and that may have played a part in the decision.
    [/I]

7. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

[​IMG]

8. Big Dogg

Big Dogg Rookie

9. Big Dogg

Big Dogg Rookie

^^^

RAIDERS SHOPPING MICHAEL HUFF by Michael David Smith

The Oakland Raiders are sniffing around to gauge interest in a potential trade involving safety Michael Huff, a source with knowledge of the situation tells PFT.

Huff, the No. 7 overall pick in the 2006 NFL Draft, has started all 32 games of his NFL career and would be a solid addition to any team that needs help at safety. Like all Top 10 picks, however, Huff has a hefty contract that would be a factor in any trade.

As Jay Glazer of Fox reported early in the 2007 season (and as PFT noted at the time), the Raiders were calling teams in September and saying most of their defensive players, including Huff, were available via trade. After taking defensive backs in the first round of five of the last seven NFL drafts, the Raiders may feel that they've invested too many resources at that position.

The Raiders also reportedly believe Huff hasn't tapped his potential, so if there's a team out there that thinks it can tap Huff's potential, this is a trade that could make sense.

10. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Wow... Huff was instrumental in the fourth down stop that led to Texas winning the Rose Bowl. If the Texans don't take advantage of this opportunity and trade for him, I'm never cheering for them again.

:D

11. danny317

danny317 Member

after the phillip buchannon debacle, id be very wary.

is he damaged goods?

12. H-Town Info

H-Town Info Member

pro football talk is garbage... i will believe them with a grain of salt.

13. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Buchannon was a mistake on Casserly's part. Huff is just 2 years removed from being a Thorpe Award winner and a Top 10 pick. Not sure what they would want for the guy, but he would be a HUGE pickup for our secondary.

Speaking of Longhorns, Todd McShay reported this morning that Sweed's performance in the combine may have helped his stock more than anyone else in the draft...4.46 unofficial 40 and 35 inch vertical.

14. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

I wouldn't give anything more than a 4th for Huff. His first two seasons have been pretty bad and I don't know if he is better than Demps or CC Brown. He has a HUGE rookie contract so he is pretty much unmovable.

15. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

16. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Would the Texans have any interest in Jevon Kearse as an edge rusher? Does he have anything left in the tank?

17. plee

plee Member

I agree if that... I don't know if it was just playing for a losing team or he just no good.

18. rterry

rterry Contributing Member

This looks just like the kind of solid low risk signing we can expect from the Texans. There may not be the perceived Big Splash signing, but several really solid signings can help us make the big splash in the draft.

19. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

31 years old and had a whopping 3.5 sacks in 14 games last season. I can't imagine they'd be interested. Then again, that's what I thought about Zach Thomas and they made a run at him.

IMO, stay away.

20. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member