1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Jaguars

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Oct 16, 2018.

1. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

I'm not saying Bortles is better. I'm just saying Bridgewater won't fix the problems with a Jags offense that is too simplistic without scheming people open, an average group of pass catchers at best, and no player that forces defense to shade coverage.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's okay, I didn't expect you to be able to cope with legitimate criticism when it comes to your son.

I'm not "anti-Deshaun" at all, I'm just not so blind with bias that I ignore his flaws or blame them on others. When he screws up, I'm going to call him on his screw ups, I'm not going to blame them on others like some Desahaun Watson version of a LOF.

I think he's got a very high ceiling, and he's likely hurt right now, but when he misreads defenses, holds on to the ball too long, runs INTO sacks, or straight up misses players who are wide open for TD's, I'm going to call him on it.

deb4rockets5 likes this.
  3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Honestly that's a bit disrespectful to Alex Smith.

red5rocket likes this.
  4. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Why? A. Smith is a very good player. Upper half of NFL QB right now and top 10 last year. I just said that is Bridgewater's ceiling. Teddy will probably never reach that and will not get that chance.

5. Nimo

Nimo Member

You know what wont fix problems either? Sticking with Blake Bortles. Every team is going to have problems. The winners are those who have the least problems and who have solutions to their problems.

rpr52121 likes this.
  6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Rest Deshaun (with the rest of the hurt guys), take the L. Probably gonna L anyways.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

There was a time I thought that was his ceiling as well (back when people were calling him the next Aaron Rodgers), but after seeing what he's got I think that ceiling is significantly lower.

8. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Dont listen clutch fans to boobythegreat words, he blocked me for calling him out for his anti Watson hate. I saved his words, this man wanted savage over watson.

With a competent O line and receivers that will catch the ball, Watson wouldn't be the best option.
    -BoobytheGreat AKA DA SAVAGE DICK RIDER

TheRealist137 likes this.
  9. Nimo

Nimo Member

I'm sensing a game similar to the the Bengals in week 2 last year. Max protect on offense. Zone on defense. Low scoring and the whatever team scores two TDs wins.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  10. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

I agree. But the bigger issues are the offense and football operation as whole. There rumblings that Marrone got the job when Gus Bradley was fired, because he was the only one who would not get rid of Bortles. Until those in charge finally realize what everyone else already knows, Bortles won't be cut.

11. theimpossibles1

I would agree, but this is a big division game and Jax has some of their star players out so we do have a fighting chance.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Who is out for JAC (besides Fournette)?

13. Nook

Nook Member

For what purpose? To go 8-8 or 9-7 and win a meaningless division title and get blown out in the playoffs?

14. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

For our mediocre team, getting a division title is a big victory.

Sledge187 likes this.
  15. mario_v

mario_v Member

All this pessimistic loser talk is pathetic.

#95 mario_v, Oct 20, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
  16. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

To save Bill O'Brien's job. Wow --- look at how this guy helped a terrible team overachieve to a 7-9 record, he really battled. In future seasons with him, we'll surely get different results than what we've gotten so far, once he has time to fix mistakes.

Nook likes this.
  17. J.R.

J.R. Member

18. Nimo

Nimo Member

I hope the Texans are making calls about possible trades; especially for corners and offensive linemen. They have lost KJ, Webster, Colvin, and now Wright. Yet no additions to speak of. Are they against trading for players in the middle of a season?

deb4rockets5 likes this.
  19. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Until they watch the game highlights and see how we win despite BoB calling crap plays.

20. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

They won't. But they'll stack up on the losing teams line though.