1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Dolphins

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Oct 20, 2015.

1. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Noon Sunday on CBS
    Anouncers: Spiro Dedes and Solomon Wilcots

Sorry about last week I was in and out and completely forgot to start the thread.

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

This is a really big game for the Texans. A bit of a fork in the road perhaps. If they find a way to win it, the discussion around them may change...I'm not sure if that's great for the long term health of the product on the field...but honestly, the NFL just isn't that good this year...not to mention their division is flat out awful.

3. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Win this and 4-4 through 8 seems expected.

Dang it, we should have started Hoyer all season long.

4. joeson332

joeson332 Member

knew it was a dumb decision to bench him in week 2

5. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Texans 24
    Dolphins 21

6. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

I think at least the team knows what we have in Mallett as well...2 additional losses may impact this season...but believe the team wont mortgage its future on the backs of two broken QBs.

7. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

More like week 1. I understand he was playing poorly but you don't pull the rug that quick. I like BOB but the entire situation reflects negatively on him. Hopefully it is a one off brain fart that he will learn from.

I get the feeling this game will dictate how the rest of the year will go. They play well and win, I think they can pull off an upset or 2 and maybe go 9-7. Without a win, i feel like the towel will be thrown in

8. sammy

Hoyer looks exactly like what we were hoping for when we hired BoB. Someone that could manage the games and play better than his ability.

We will draft a QB early hopefully but I wouldn't be surprised at all if Hoyer is the starter even next year. Cut Mallett.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well the good news is that the Dolphins have the worst pass rush in the NFL, so Hoyer should be in for a good game. He's always been good when he has a ton of time and I think the O line can pull that off this week. We'll need big games from Foster and Nuk, but I could see a win.

10. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Cameron Wake is back at his natural position... so I wouldn't bank on that pass rush being nonexistent.

Campbell has also re-dedicated the focus to running the ball... but that could actually work in the Texans favor.

11. sammy

I saw a couple of plays where he stepped to his left and threw a perfect pass. A third down conversion to Hopkins comes to mind.

12. showa13

showa13 Member

Miami's gonna try to run the ball then find Jarvis Landry, who's starting to put together a good season. Their defense is still somewhat in shambles for some reason, and Tannehill isn't good imo. Hoyer looks like he's recovered from the week 1 goof and has his feet under him. If Clowney's ankle is ok, our run defense will hold up and hopefully the DBs continue their form from last Sunday. If we do win, and I think we have a shot if they can keep the momentum from last week, things will get interesting.

13. conquistador#11

if we win, aiming for first place isn't crazy talk.

14. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I don't feel good about this game at all. If the Texans win, my faint hopes for the playoffs could return.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well it doesn't have to be non-existent, just hopefully it won't be suffocating. The O line has to do a good job.

Well that's not to say that every single time he's pressured he'll screw up, just that he's shown to crumble under pressure his whole career. A few pressures? Not a big deal, but if it keeps happening the odds aren't good for him having a good game.

That said, all QB's struggle with pressure, but his splits are pretty extreme. Like going from 100 QB rating type QB to total garbage.

16. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

I'm looking for Hop to drop about 130. Dolphins are very average. If Hoyer can remain turnover free I can see a close victory

Texans 20
    Fish 17

17. Harden2Dwight

Harden2Dwight Member

lose and tank

lose now win later

18. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

how long until defense show up?

19. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

I think we all can credit Hoyer with those three defensive turnovers.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Tank for what? What prospect would the Texans need the top overall pick for? It doesn't look like there is any QB that will go at the top of the draft so what would be the point? They can likely get whatever QB they want at any point in the first round so why not try to make the playoffs?