1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Dolphins

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Sep 13, 2011.

1. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sunday at 3:15 on CBS. Announcers are Ian Eagle and Dan Fouts.

2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

The Miami Dolphins are the only team we're undefeated against. (4-0)

I think these dudes probably hate us, like most Florida teams.

*edit: Nvm, we're undefeated against the Panthers (2-0)... ok so only AFC team we're undefeated against

#2 DonnyMost, Sep 13, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2011
  3. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Texans 27
    Dolphins 17

4. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Miami looked better than I thought, at least on the offensive side of the ball. That being said, Texans should win.

Watching the fins get torched by NE TEs was certainly making me think that OD and crew could have a field day as well.

5. conquistador#11

90 percent humidity and a bad field...I say let foster have another week off just to be certain. I expect the offense to be more focused and the defense to bring the ruckus like the Wu.

6. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

This week, we'll get to find out how good the run defense is, and really how good the running game is. If Arian plays - Texans win 24-18. If not - Texans win 20-18.

7. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

All the Texans need is Tom Brady, some awesome tight ends and Wes Welker...

1 person likes this.
  8. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I'm all for resting Arian another week if the rest is all he needs to get back to 100%. The U plays Ohio State on that field the night before our game, plus the Marlins use the same field, so it's going to be torn up by the time we get out there on Sunday. I don't want any mishaps to happen out there due to poor field conditions.

Watching the Dolphins yesterday was interesting, because they look like a team that might surprise some opponents with their offensive capabilities. Chad Henne looks like he's gotten some confidence in the off-season, and he looks much more comfortable in the pocket. He still doesn't look like he has chemistry with Brandon Marshall, and they've lost their identity as a power running team, but Reggie Bush might fit in decently well. Defensively, their secondary looks pretty messy, but Tom Brady tends to have that affect on a lot of defenses, so I won't hold too much stock in the first game. They didn't get much of a pass rush, and Cameron Wake was pretty much nullified last night, so it's tough to say who was to blame for Brady's 511 yards. All in all, the Texans are more talented than the Dolphins, but I don't think this is going to be a game where we win it going away.

9. liljojo

liljojo Member

I want another blowout. Those are fun.

10. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Texans 30

Dolphins 17

11. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I have a vision of Mario getting to cover Reggie Bush. Mario is playing bump and run coverage so it is a nice vision, but I doubt its accuracy.

12. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Why 18? Are you predicting 2 point conversions and/or safeties?

The Marlins are on a long road trip so they won't be a factor on field conditions.

13. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

i expect a double digit win. 27-17

14. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

My guess is 4 field goals and a touchdown in which the 2 point attempt comes up short of tying the game.

15. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I hope you realize how hard it is for a team to score 18 points in a game...it happens maybe a few times a season. You're better off predicting a 35-0 game.

16. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Dammit, I just saw you post this...choke job on my part for not reading past that post before posting myself.

17. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Damn your Kerry Collins for throwing the ball away and taking the intentional grounding penalty. Mario would have 3 sacks going in to this game against a shaky o-line, excluding Jake Long.

18. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

Texans 31

Dolphins 13

19. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

If Peyton Manning suits up for the Dolphins, then the outcome is up in the air. Peyton is a great quarterback and when he plays OL he can neutralize Mario. On defense he can play DT and be a run stuffer or shift to any DB spot and play shutdown. Basically if Peyton doesn't suit up for the Dolphins and they lose, then it's because they don't have him. If he does suit up for the Dolphins ( LOL) and we still win - it's because he had a neck injury.

In fact all other Texans wins will have an * because Peyton Manning isn't on every other team.

Texans 27-13 :cool:

1 person likes this.
  20. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

I think too many folks are on a super-high right now - I absolutely expect a win next week, but it'll be way more of a fight. Those Colts were unadulterated garbage and wouldn't have beaten anyone.

Henne demonstrated that he won't be the pathetic passer Collins was.

They went away from him once the lead slipped away, but Bush can be dangerous - they know to get him in space, both with carries and via swing passes. The safeties need to protect the spots vacated by the OLBs.

It would be a mistake to come away from the 500+ yard roasting thinking that Miami's sporting a secondary as bad as ours last year. They're built for traditional passing games (Davis and Smith are good CBs) and got murdered by Brady's Coked Up West Coast Go-Go-Go attack last night (can't find it, but would love to see the ratio between passing yards and yards after catch). No one else could replicate that, few defenses would be able to handle it, and the guys that were being torched were bench DBs (Nolan Carroll, in particular). When they started cramping up at the half (at home!), it was over. They'll do better (not lockdown, of course) facing traditional vertical guys like Johnson and Jones.

IMO - it's best not to try and imitate NE's insane red bull offense when we meet. BJ Green-Ellis and Danny Woodhead both had success on the ground (4.9 ypc each), so I'd push for playing our game: let the run set up the boots and play action.

I doubt Walter plays, which means it's on Daniels to take care of the middle of the field routes. Hopefully they build on Casey's ability to catch out of the backfield.

Team Watt should have a lot more success getting after Henne than NE did last night, and that should help a lot. Need to watch out for Davone Bess (vs Kareem).

Win the turnover battle. Win the turnover battle. Win the turnover battle.

LOL