1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Cardinals

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Oct 6, 2009.

1. Major

Major Member

Agreed. Blitzes make some of that worse; some of it better. You're focusing on the negative of the blitzes - and that may be the right way to look at it. But it doesn't address whether the positives might outweigh the negatives.

That doesn't make any sense. If the Texans consistently get 8 yards a carry when running left, and 2 yards carry running right, they should run left until it doesn't work anymore. I can't quantify why Wandy pitches so much better at home than on the road, but if I'm in the playoffs and have the choice, I want him pitching at home. It doesn't matter WHY it's happening - but if its consistent and repeatable, they should use it.

Except this was a league-wide comparison - you'd have that improvement with all the teams, so it wouldn't affect the rankings. The stats don't show that the Texans are better when blitzing than when not blitzing (though that could also be analyzed). They show comparisons to other defenses when blitzing vs when not blitzing. In other words, they were the worst non-blitzing defense in the league. When blitzing, they were average or good - in comparison to other teams when they blitzed; not compared to their non-blitz.

2. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

This might be an interesting topic to look into. Im going to DVR the game on Sunday...if I find the time, I'll go back and see the effectiveness of our blitzes.

3. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Granted we win. Ive been recording games too, but after the losses, I don't think I can't bear rewatching, so I delete em. I'll regret it during the offseason probably, but it's hard to watch knowing youre going to lose, and having those idiots gus and steve saying how they knew it all along.

4. Buck Turgidson

As opposed to forecasting....

5. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

Though I hate to get away from the blitz argument, is anyone from the BBS in Phoenix and will anyone be going to the game?

6. Vinsanity

Vinsanity Contributing Member

Yes and Yes

7. HaYnBoi

HaYnBoi Member

Yes and Yes.

8. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Any one worried about Mario's shoulder problem? He hasn't practiced all week. Hope this doesn't lead to anything more serious.

9. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

not really. it was described as a bruise. Not too much you can do with that other than rest.

It's not like he needs to be practicing tackling or technique...he just needs to learn the scheme and his opponents.

10. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Once again the Texans pass rush will decide this game.

If they show up, we win. If they don't, we're toast.

C'est la vie.

11. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Come on Friday and Saturday....end already. I want me some Texans!!!!

12. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

Yeah, that about somes it up. Although, I think we must stay watchful of the run, because everyone knows our issues there and we might get shook again for a big run if not careful.

13. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Mario Williams listed as questionable...Im sure he'll play, but wtf, if he isnt listed as probable, then it may be worse than it appears.

14. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I thought he fully participated in Thursday's practice. He should be ready to go.

15. Ashes

Ashes Member

Maybe we should use real words to avoid confusion.

16. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i'm in agreeance

17. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

HaYnboi and Vinsanity, yous guys know any good places to check out before the game and possibly Sat?

Sucks about Mario, I hope the dude is good to go.

18. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

BTW I ran a sim game on Madden 360. Freaking monster game for the Texans 45-10. Dunta had two ints and took em to the the house. I was all over the field on defense, sacked Warner 5 times with Mario off the edge and Cushing blitzing right up the gut. Schaub was great threw 2 TDs both to Dre. Jacoby returned a punt for score and Slaton broke an 89 yard return for TD.

I know this has very little to do with the actual game but this is one of my long time rituals. Makes you feel good when all parts are clicking and the teams plays good albeit in a video game. Anyways just wanted to share the good omen.

Go Texans!!!

19. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Big test for our defense, we've really only faced run-heavy offenses this season thus far so seeing the Cards is gonna be a brand new ball game.

The Cards O-Line has been a bit suspect so hopefully Mario and crew can get some pressure on Warner.

20. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

HOOOORAY!! It's Sunday!