1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Cardinals

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Oct 6, 2009.

1. dbigfeet

dbigfeet Member

David "YOU SOLD ME A LEMON" Carr vs Jemunchies Ruffles. CLASSIC game
    ALL high school coaches should tape that and show the QB's how not to play

2. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Talk about best case scenario for my fantasy team. Brandon Jacobs would get 40 carries if that was the case. I might have to pick up Ahmad Bradshaw, too, and start them both.

3. Jet Blast

Jet Blast Contributing Member

The Texans defense has to pressure Warner. If we can get to him then maybe he'll be forced into making mistakes. We can't give him all day to throw to the wide receivers.

I have a feeling Slaton will break one. Also, I think Cushing will get his first sack.

Arizona has had two weeks to prepare for us. The Texans are 1-6 all-time when the opponent has a bye prior to the game.

Texans 23
    Cardinals 19

Ian Eagle and Rich Gannon will call the game for CBS.

4. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

If Manning can limp he will play...Giants know better although The Chiefs suck, Carr would make it interesting.

5. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

no he won't - did you watch the raider game? oakland sucks; the giants would tear them apart with me playing QB. that defense and running game will be *more* than enough.

6. rockets934life

I tend to agree ultimatly but while the Chiefs are bad they also took the Ravens to the wire on the road week 1 soooo...any given Sunday and if there QB play sucks you never know.

Eli Manning is a tough guy so he will want to play not so much because its the Chiefs but because he just doesn't want to sit. Giants know it and I don't think they would want to risk a loss as remote as it might seem.

7. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Didn't Carr throw for negative yards against the Raiders when eh was still here a few years ago?

8. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Texans - 42
    Cardinals - 38

Team with the ball lasts wins.

9. rhino17

rhino17 Member

whoops, I just looked it up, he actually threw for 32 yards

10. rockets934life

Dont forget about the legendary performance vs Pittsburgh in year 1..

3 for 10 for 33 yrds... :eek:

11. Hey Now!

they're not playing the chiefs - they easily dispatched them last sunday. its oakland and as bad as kansas city probably is... the raiders are worse.

there're not going to need their QB to do much to beat oakland.

12. Hey Now!

and the texans won.

won that one, too. even if carr does start, i don't think the giants are sweating oakland.

13. rockets934life

My bad...didn't see the schedule just followed the Carr bashing wagon!

You're completely right! Still watching Carr screw up should be entertaining lol....

14. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Gonna be a high scoring game if we want to win this one.

The numbers might not show it, but we played terrible pass defense, even against the Raiders.

Larry Fitz matched up with Dunta is a big mismatch.
    Boldin matched up with ???
    Breaston matched up with ???

We're screwed unless we decide to put up 35+ points.

15. rockets934life

Remember watching the Steelers game in amazement. Watching Glenn win it bascially by himself lol...reminded me of Waterboy when the offense for the "EVIL" coach would take a knee to bring back the defense in the game so they avoided Bobby Boucher's rath!

16. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Fitzgerald hasn't been great so far this season. He is averaging 60 yards per game. Boldin and Breaston def make them scary but their running game isn't on par with our first 3 opponent this season.

Warner has been average too. If we can pressure the QB, we have a good shot at containing them. Okoye & Smith have to bring the same intensity this week.

17. plates300

plates300 Member

gotta get pressure on warner and force him into mistakes. otherwise, fitzgerald, boldin, and breaston will eat our secondary alive. I don't care if any of them haven't had a good season...seems like all players have a good day against the texans defense.

18. dbigfeet

dbigfeet Member

true....well except Oakland.

How strong is the Cards o-line. I say don't Blitz unless Warner has allday. Then send the sink. I think Mario can get to him, if the receivers are not open. So send only 4 to start out with.

19. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

Should be a fun one. I will be there and can't wait. Hopefully I can get some of the Texans to sign a football or something.

As for how it'll go, who knows. I think Matt will put up good numbers on this one, Kurt probably will as well. I don't know how our run d will look, but I hope this isn't a game that turns Wells into a star.

I do think Mario will have a big game as well as our LBs. However it goes, I think this will be a game that gives us an idea or who we are and probably will be for the year. We could really use this one.

Go Texans!

20. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Pretty bad, Gandy has been a sieve, Williams is going to eat him alive. Hopefully Okoye continues to produce.

Yahoo stated the game may not sell out which is rediculous considering the Cards just went to the Superbowl.