1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Bills

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Nimo

Nimo Member

You really should be rooting for the jaguars next week. They put up a bunch of points against a good titans defense today. They might pull an upset.

2. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

What's more likely next week, a Texans victory or a Jags victory?

If a Texans win next week guaranteed a Colts victory next week as well or a Texans loss next week guaranteed a Colts loss, which would you pick assuming you could?

3. Nimo

Nimo Member

Definitely a Colts loss since that affects their division record.

4. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

the nice thing about sunday night, we'll already know the colts/jags result.

5. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Gotcha, I guess I had just misread your previous post regarding common opponents. SOV then is basically up in the air right now.

Yeah, you're right. That honestly sucks. If it works out that way, I'm not sure it bodes well for the Texans. Bengals and Jets schedule is semi-tough while the Saints schedule is not bad. Broncos do play the Bengals though on MNF in week 16.

6. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

When the game was tied, Hal had the pick 6 in his hands and dropped it…could have been the game changer.

And on that last play, where Hoyer just threw it in the end zone…I guess it means Hoyer ended up Hoyering. Bobby was right.

7. Mattician

Mattician Member

Tough loss.

Colts need to lose next week too.

8. val_modus

val_modus Member

We still struggle mightily against teams that possess speed at the skill positions (and QB). This team needs a M. Mohamed mold.

9. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

Too many penalties!

Also we put Hoyer in a situation that he had to win the game for us. That is a situation he will not excel in a majority of the time.

Coach also needs to learn to run the hot hand, which this game was Polk. They went away from their running game in the second half and they suffered for it.

10. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Also, Watt was definitely not 100% yesterday. Every time I saw him, he was stretching his groin. I'm not sure if that was the issue or not, but you could tell something was up with him.

11. Indaface

Indaface Member

I've played around with it multiple times as well last week and was really hoping the Saints could pull it off against Carolina to help out our cause in case it came down to tiebreakers.

If we lose this week and beat Indy it will boil down to

Saints - @TB, DET, JAX, @ATL
    Bengals - PITT, @SF, DEN, BAL
    Jets - TENN, @DAL, NE, @BUFF

vs.

Den - OAK, @PITT, CIN, SD
    Mia - NYG, @SD, IND, NE
    Atl - @CAR, JAX, CAR, NO

currently it stands at 21 wins each so it's tied win wise.

I'm not expecting a win over NE this week but if we do get one but lose to Indy all tiebreakers go to them. Winning Sunday would be awesome but the 100% we can't lose game comes next week against Indy.

Win that and beat the rest of the division and they should be in barring some upsets with the teams above.

12. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Pats have not lost three straight since 2002

13. alethios

alethios Member

Is Gronk out for the Sunday night game? We need to keep putting Brady on his back to hope to have a chance, but I think with Gronk out, we'll be in a better coverage situation.

14. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Edelman was back the previous game...And i think Gronk might play next week...Playing an angry Brady just doesnt seem fair, but that is the Sunday night matchup we face. I really hope these guys turn up and just play good situational football.

The Texans are basically in win all and they are in...

Patriots @ Texans - bad bad matchup, Brady owns this team...His quick hitting crossing routes are gonna hurt this team. Especially if Gronk returns.
    Texans @ Colts - This game is the for the postseason
    Texans @ Titans - Should be a win, even though Mariota has had some pretty good moments
    Jags @ Texans - This better be a win, because the Jags are playing better football than the last time we saw them...

15. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

That's why yesterday was such a tough loss - win in Buffalo and it almost renders the NE game meaningless - assuming you can win your final 3.

That might still be the case... but having that extra conference win - and eliminating the Bills (more or less) - would have been a nice cushion.

16. Nimo

Nimo Member

Edelman is NOT back yet. He might come back in the playoffs. Maybe you meant Amendola.

17. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

youre right...I meant Amendola...get those two mixed up all the time...LOL.

18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Here is % of drops on catchable passes <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Patriots?src=hash">#Patriots</a> <a href="https://t.co/WQ28HKvBYZ">pic.twitter.com/WQ28HKvBYZ</a></p>&mdash; Evan Lazar (@ezlazar) <a href="https://twitter.com/ezlazar/status/674281188119318528">December 8, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

19. rawbrah

rawbrah Member

Blame the defense again fukers