1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Official] Texans @ Bills

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Oct 27, 2009.

1. dbigfeet

dbigfeet Member

no such thing as gimme wins for this team, so this will be anoher tight one.

2. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Harlan is a great NBA announcer and a pretty good NFL guy too.

Last year when Yao came back from the "knee" issue vs the Lakers and hit the 20 feet jumper I thought Harlan was going to explode lol.

3. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

this will be a tough game and buffalo will be itching to put up a good game. i'm a bit nervous

4. Jet Blast

Jet Blast Contributing Member

Texans in another nail biter.

Texans 12
    Bills 11

The Texans are the only away team favored this week. In all the other games the home team is the favorite.

5. rhino17

rhino17 Member

How is Buffalo gonna score 11? 3 FGs and a safety? 1 TD and 2 safeties? 1 FG and 1 TD with a 2 pt conversion?

6. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

11 extra points. It is a new rule being implemented just for this game.

7. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

Despite their offense being in something of a disarray, I get the feeling this will be a close one. The weather conditions on Sunday could be devastating especially if our running game still hasn't picked up.

8. Jet Blast

Jet Blast Contributing Member

Yikes! It's hard enough to come up with a score and now you want to know how the points will be scored? :p

I'll give it my best shot.

The Bills will get 9 points from three field goals. The Texans will be leading 12-9 with four seconds left in the game. The ball will be at the Texans own 2-yard line. It's 4th and 14 and Schaub runs through the back of the endzone to eat up the remaining clock, giving the Bills a safety. Final score 12-11.

Despite the win, and giving the Texans a 5-3 record, the BBS goes wild with posts about what's wrong with the Texans. :cool:

9. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

Texans win 27-17. Not worried about this game at all.

10. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

bernard pollard will force a fumble to seal the win!

texans 24
    bills 16

11. ThaShark316_28

Texans 23
    Bills 10

12. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Texans win, and for the first time this season it is solely because of the defense. I think it'll be an ugly game and we'll end up on top because of big turnovers and/or defensive touchdowns. Let's say...

Texans 17
    Bills 10

13. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Classic game that the Texans of old would lose. This has trap game written all over it, but I'm hoping that our second half collapse last week will keep our guys focused for the task at hand, and not looking forward to next week's showdown in Indy. I'll be cautiously optimistic and say Texans : 28 Bills : 17 but I won't be surprised if it's much closer than that. The Bills have an excellent pass defense, and if we lose the turnover battle, we could be in for a rough afternoon.....much like the Jets and Panthers.

14. Major

Major Member

The Bills are a total disaster. Two of their wins are against total scrubs (Carolina and Tampa Bay), and they lost 6-3 to Cleveland!

If the Texans are remotely good, this game should be a 14+ point win easily.

15. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

I really, REALLY want to say a double-digit win here.

16. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I hear the Chiefs are about to release Larry Johnson, any chance the Texans give him a shot?

17. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

No way. Too much baggage. Plus, he absolutely sucks now.

18. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I wouldn't touch that with a 10 foot pole. He's got to be one of the biggest ass****s on the planet. He's a repeat woman abuser, as well as a locker room cancer. I actually hope that he gets cut from the Chiefs, and nobody else re-signs him. He needs a big slice of humble pie.

19. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Let's get that 3rd win in a row Texans! Shoot for that first 5-3 record in Texans history.

20. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I think it'll be a tough one. I don't know, though. I kind of have that feeling that something will go bad for one of the teams, and the other one will run away with it. I hope the team that runs away is us. We need this win like crazy, and like I said before, this game will show us even more about the make-up of our team than last week did. Do we keep our foot on the throttle to get to 5 and 3, or are we content with being over .500 for one week, and let the the gas pedal go?

Anyways, I'm more excited for this game than I have ever been for a Texans game, probably. I keep trying to get a few Bills fans to go with me, but none are willing, saying they don't want to waste their money. That's a good sign....

With that said, here are my predictions:

Schaub 265 pass yards 2 TDs 1 Int
    Slaton 18 carries 112 yards 1 TD 0 fumbles

Fitzpatrick 180 pass yard 1 TD 2 Int
    Lynch 22 carries 86 yards 1 TD
    Jackson 8 carries 40 yards

Texans sack Fitzpatrick 4 times
    *I think putting pressure on Fitzpatrick is the key to the game. First of all, the Bills' offensive line is inexperienced and pretty bad. They shouldn't pass a ton, either. If we can get pressure on him, it will make them mostly a one-dimensional team.

Texans 27
    Bills 17