1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] Steve Bullock for President thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Os Trigonum, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I was stunned to find out there is no Steve Bullock for President thread, and since @Sweet Lou 4 2 doesn't seem to like the Clown Car thread, I figured I.D.I.O.T.

alas, Steve Bullock, we hardly knew ye

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...c220ec-14a0-11ea-a659-7d69641c6ff7_story.html

Montana Gov. Steve Bullock drops out of presidential race
    [​IMG]
    Montana Gov. Steve Bullock speaks at the Iowa Democratic Wing Ding in Clear Lake. (John Locher/AP)
    By
    David Weigel
    Dec. 2, 2019 at 6:00 a.m. EST

Montana Gov. Steve Bullock, who pitched himself to Democratic voters as a campaign finance reformer who could win in red states, is ending his bid for the party’s presidential nomination.

“While there were many obstacles we could not have anticipated when entering this race, it has become clear that in this moment, I won’t be able to break through to the top tier of this still-crowded field,” Bullock said in a statement. “I leave this race filled with gratitude and optimism, inspired and energized by the good people I’ve had the privilege of meeting over the course of the campaign.”

Bullock, 53, entered the race in May, arguing that a group heavy on Washington experience needed an outsider from a “Trump state.” He rejected entreaties from national Democrats to run for the U.S. Senate seat now held by Republican Steve Daines, telling reporters that he had no interest in the job.

He affirmed that position Monday.​

“While he plans to work hard to elect Democrats in the state and across the country in 2020, it will be in his capacity as a governor and a senior voice in the Democratic Party — not as a candidate for U.S. Senate,” said Bullock’s communications director, Galia Slayen.
    more at the link

ThatBoyNick likes this.
  2. TheresTheDagger

I guess we get our Governor back.

At least he's stopped spending state resources on stupid travel to Iowa.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

post-campaign analysis starts here...

TheresTheDagger and dachuda86 like this.
  4. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Didn't even know he was running...