1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Steelers @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by TejasTom, Dec 25, 2017.

1. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

Jeez. 120 total replies in a Texan game day thread. This is like a 2013 Astros series thread.

Houstunna and adw like this.
  2. Texanstradamus

1 game in the season left thank goodness 2017 2nd half of the season can be forgotten

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Not a good day John. Not much to say. Not a good day.

You've lost 5 straight, 9 of 11...

No kidding.

How tough is it?

It's brutal Brian. Not good. Been a tough year.

It's brutal Brian. When I told you it doesn't matter how it looks Brian, now it kinda matters Brian. Not good Brian. Been a tough year Brian. Bottom of the AFC South Brian.
    :D

craigharmann likes this.
  4. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Osweiler is literally the only QB who can stop him.

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

DeAndre Hopkins, wide receiver, Houston. I know. Two catches, 41 yards in a dispiriting 34-6 loss to Pittsburgh. But there has not been a more difficult catch in the NFL this season than the 3-yard touchdown catch Hopkins made in the lost cause of a game Monday evening in Houston. It’s hard to describe it, except to say he reached around with one arm and batted the ball so he could catch it one-handedwith the other, all the while fighting off a Steelers defender. Hopkins had just started making beautiful music with Deshaun Watson when Watson went down with a torn ACL in late October. (In their last game together, at Seattle, Hopkins had eight catches for 224 yards.) The reason I’m likely to make Hopkins one of my two All-Pro wide receivers when I submit my Associated Press All-Pro and season awards ballot six days from now is that, even without Watson, Hopkins has had 748 receiving yards and six touchdowns in eight games, with Tom Savage and T.J. Yates at quarterback. Imagine being on pace for a 1,496-yard season with Savage and Yates as your quarterbacks. - Peter King, MMQB

zeeshan2 and TejasTom like this.
  6. conquistador#11

I missed the game. I thought it was going to be a normal monday night game. first game I missed since 2013. How did Davenport grade in those fancy pants stats site?

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Texans center Nick Martin, placed on IR last week, underwent successful ankle surgery, expected to make healthy return for next season, according to league sources.

Bill O'Brien said team is discussing whether they'll need to sign another quarterback with Taylor Heinicke concussed

Bill O'Brien on DeAndre Hopkins: 'That was a great catch. He's had a phenomenal year'

Bill O'Brien on Julie'n Davenport: 'I think Julie'n held his own.'

Bill O'Brien on the Steelers' blitzes and three sacks for corner Mike Hilton: 'We have to get that coached up better and guys have to execute better'

Bill O'Brien on whether the Texans will bounce back next year: 'Every year is different. It's very important to focus on this game and then evaluate where we are.'

Bill O'Brien on if he would coach next year without a contract extension: 'Sure, yeah. Yeah, sure. I'll coach this team as long as they want me to coach this team I'll coach this team. It hasn't been a great year. We know that. We know it's a business.'

Bill O'Brien on T.J. Yates: 'I think there's a lot that goes into playing that position. It's not just him. It's protection. It's route running. He'll work hard to improve. He's a great guy. We'll get it better this year'

Bill O'Brien on David Quessenberry: 'I thought he did some good things'

Bill O'Brien on David Quessenberry: 'He had a bad form of cancer. He's got a long way to go to be back to where he was back in '13 when he was going to start the last game. He's on his way'

Bill O'Brien on the Colts game: 'This is kind of our playoff game. Let's see if that puts us ending on a good note. You don't want to end up in last place. It's very important to try to win this game and not be in last place.'

Bill O'Brien on the support of the players: 'Those guys are good guys. I'm pretty emotional when it comes to those players. They put it on the line for us.'

Bill O'Brien: 'I thought Alfred Blue ran very hard.'

Bill O'Brien: 'The passing game was terrible.'

Bill O'Brien on Carlos Watkins; 'I like Carlos. Early in the year, he struggled like most rookie defensive linemen do. He's a big, strong guy. He's really improved. I really like Carlos. I think he's a good player.'

Bill O'Brien quipped that post-game interview is one of his "favorite things" to do.

Bill O'Brien said emergency quarterback yesterday would have been Braxton Miller

Bill O'Brien on Taylor Heinicke: 'He was ready to go. Very calm, very poised. I kind of like the way he handle it.'

8. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I can't wait for next years last place schedule while the Jags get a 1st place schedule LOL!!!

Red.Glare likes this.
  9. plates300

plates300 Member

Agreed. Annoyed that we always play the Patriots in New England for however many seasons now.

10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

11. conquistador#11

first they fine him for wearing yeezy cleats now this. Players be tearing away at his jersey, fine those guys.