1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Some Guys @ BlueJays

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, May 20, 2011.

1. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

As always, no PBP in the thread. If you need that try one of the game cast sites. Keep discussion to this series. If it is not about this series it goes somewhere else.

5-20 Aneury Rodriguez, RHP (0-2, 6.26) vs. Jo-Jo Reyes, LHP (0-3, 4.75) 6:07 on FSH

5-21 Brett Myers, RHP (1-3, 4.79) vs. Brandon Morrow, RHP (2-2, 4.85) 12:07 on FSH

5-22 Wandy Rodriguez, LHP (2-3, 3.45) vs. Kyle Drabek, RHP (3-2, 4.32) 12:07 on FSH

2. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

Yeah the Astros aren't worth mentioning in the thread title.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Ha, some guys. Yeah I guess thats what they amount to these days. Just some guys.:p With that said, those guys LLL

4. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

If they get swept again, can you call them the "Plays Ball like Girls"

5. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

that is offensive to girls.

6. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

7. Nook

Nook Member

The Lastros will some how manage to lose four games in this three game set..

8. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Bautista bombed on the way to getting swept

9. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

You are probably right, but I just liked the reference to The Sandlot.

10. edwardc

edwardc Member

You guys are cold man

11. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Toronto's scheduled starter for tonight, Jo-Jo Reyes, has been winless in 26 consecutive starts. He has not won since June 13, 2008, when he was with the Braves.

12. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

THAT STREAK ENDS TONIGHT!

Oh wait...

13. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

The Astros offensive breaks out and score five runs over the three game series.

14. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I have nothing positive to say or predict.

15. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

The Dis-Astros are back baby!

16. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Ouch...lol

It should be cool to see the Stros in Skydome or whatever they call it...that said...someone hold me cause I'm scarred.

I remember when Skydome first opened...it was like the freaking Death Star, really haven't seen one of their games in A LONG TIME so not sure how the place looks anymore.

17. Vanilla Rice

Vanilla Rice Member

I'm so sick of Wallace sitting against lefties. Unless he needs a day of rest, please start your best freaking hitter.

I like the job that Mills is doing for the most part, but this drives me effing nuts.

18. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

http://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/2011/05/20/reyes_haircut_davidi/

Jo-Jo channels Ricky Vaughn

TORONTO – Jo-Jo Reyes has never pitched in the California Penal League but he’ll be sporting the same look as its most famous graduate when he takes the mound Friday night against the Houston Astros.

The Toronto Blue Jays left-hander was given a Rick Vaughn haircut by teammate Rajai Davis earlier this week in the hopes of helping end his 26-start winless streak.

Rick Vaughn, of course, is the out-of-control fireballer played by Charlie Sheen in the clever 1989 baseball comedy “Major League.” A delinquent fresh out of prison after stealing a car when invited to camp by the purposely tanking Cleveland Indians, Vaughn’s hair is shaved in a zig-zag pattern.

Reyes – who starts Friday night’s interleague tilt with the Houston Astros – doesn’t mind the look, and is prepared to live with it if it proves to be a slump-buster.
    “I’m fine with it,” he said. “My wife asked me, ‘If you win does it stay?’ I said, ‘Umm, yeah.’ It’s just something to have fun with.”

Reyes’ winless run is the longest in the majors since Anthony Young went 27 starts without a victory for the Mets and Cubs over the 1992-94 seasons.

Beyond that is an even more dubious mark, a 28-start winless rut endured by Matt Keough of the Oakland Athletics during the 1978 and ’79 seasons, the longest such drought since 1920.

Reyes and some teammates began kicking around ideas to help him avoid those fates earlier this week. They debated a handful of different haircuts before settling on the one sported by Vaughn, who was nicknamed “Wild Thing” in the movie.

Reyes’ last win came on June 13, 2008, for the Braves at the Angels.

“Just having a little fun with this curse thing,” says Reyes. “Rajai did me up, I got a picture online and I let him go at it.

Interleague play on Sportsnet ONE: Catch the opener of the Astros and the Jays on Sportsnet ONE Friday night. First pitch flies at 7 p.m. ET. | Broadcast schedule

“It’s just fun and games right now but once the game starts I won’t be worried about it.”

Told his work with the hair clipper was praised by Reyes, Davis grinned and said, “I’m OK, I have a few years of experience.”

He also said he was ready for an increase in haircut requests should Reyes’ fortunes turn.

“I cut Esco pretty often, usually hook him up,” Davis said of shortstop Yunel Escobar. “He’s got the high fade and I usually clean him up and make him look real good.

“I do myself all the time, too. I keep it nice and simple, and I save the special things for everyone else.”

19. msn

msn Member

THIS IS WHERE WE STILL DON'T TURN IT AROUND!!!!!!!

lll

"not with a bang, but a whimper." (who can cite that reference without googling??)

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Come on now, they are only the 2nd worst team in all of baseball.....

DD