1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Ravens @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Oct 16, 2012.

1. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sunday Noon on CBS.

Announcers: Greg Gumbel and Dan Dierdorf

2. gatsby

gatsby Member

Let's get this one.

3. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

C'mon turf. Dont let us down!

4. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I don't like these announcers at all.

5. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Get used to them... They are the #2 guys for CBS, and unless the Texans are the national feature game of the week, any matchup against a "good" opponent will feature these guys.

6. 713

713 Member

Dan Deer Dawrf.. lulz:eek:

7. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

At least it's not Joe Buck.

Time to check their manhood (just like the Packers did)...Texans by 17.

8. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

Make-or-break game, in my opinion. Losing to an undermanned Packers team is one thing. The skeleton-crew Ravens have no business winning in Houston.

Is there a precedent for switching to turf during a season?

9. cloudng8

cloudng8 Contributing Member

I think we come out swinging.... ravens will be like us the past weekend with the loss of there denfensive leader and more. We take care of business. We win 21-14.

10. clubberclyde

clubberclyde Member

Jacoby Jones returns and scores 2 TD on us.

11. TexasRedd

TexasRedd Member

Swing game...will we respond or will we shrink under pressure?

Texans 31 Ravens 20

12. conquistador#11

o line and j-jo's groin better shape up or it will be another long day.

13. today

today Contributing Member

I think it'll be a low scoring game... Texans 17-16.

14. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

i'm quite worried about the run game and flacco's no huddle offense. i agree with today. it will be a close game and i'll predict a texans victory, but not with much confidence.

15. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

If the Texans dont find a way to beat a severely porous Baltimore defense...I dont know what to say about our chances to even win a playoff game...

Texans 33
    Baltimore 17

16. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Jonathon Joesph has to step up. If he doesn't the Texans won't win many more games. If he's hurt then he should sit down. He's been getting killed the last couple of weeks.

Arian Foster has to figure out how to keep his feet under him. Everyone knows that the turf at Reliant sucks, but Foster had been slipping during his cuts all season. On the road and at home. He's leaving a lot of yards on the field everytime this happens.

Barwin and Reed have to turn it up. Watt is now facing triple and double teams. Thats means that they'll need to beat the ONE blocker who may be in front of them. We all know they can, so an appearance is welcome at any time.

I miss Cushing.

With all that said, 5-1 ain't nothing to complain about. And the team has unfinished business with the Ravens. Place chip on shoulder and insert foot into Baltimore's ass.

17. mrm32

mrm32 Member

24-14 Texans.
    AJ gets his second TD of the season.
    Foster rushes for 100+ yards and a TD.
    Watt has 2.5 sacks
    Texans 6-1.
    Book it.

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Only way they loose is if Harbaugh grossly out coaches Kubiak

Texans 27
    ¡Ravens 10

Rocket River

19. johnnybravo

johnnybravo Member

Ravens fan here.

The normally confident flock of Ravens fans is a lot more cautious with our optimism for this game. Admittedly, the loss of Webb and Lewis as well as our recent abysmal run defense has much to do with it, but there is clearly a lot of respect towards the abilities of the Texans.

I think the best chance for the Ravens to win this game is for it to turn into a shootout. The Texans appear vulnerable to the pass, and Baltimore certainly has the weapons to exploit that. The loss of Cushing should open things up for Rice as well.

That said, I would feel far more confident if this was a home game. The Ravens have not played well on the road this year. Really, they only looked like themselves for the first half of the game against the Eagles, though I feel the replacement refs had much to do with the issues they faced in the second half, but I digress. Additionally, Baltimore is not doing a good job with time of possession this year, partly because the offense scores so quickly. I don't think this is a game where we will have enough rushing success to shift the time of possession into our favor.

Overall, I think the Ravens inconsistencies on the road and injuries on the defensive side are going to be too much to overcome.

My prediction is 31 - 20, Texans. Though, of course, I will be rooting for a Ravens victory and an injury free game for both sides.

1 person likes this.
  20. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

(I posted this in another thread - but it really sets the tone for the game so I'm reposting it here)

With the Broncos' victory last night, every non-Maryland/Texas-based team in the AFC is 3-3, or worse, meaning the Texans have at least a 2-game lead on every team in the conference (including a 3-game lead on Denver, Miami and New York, all 3-3 teams the Texans have beaten). Beat Baltimore and they'll join the other 14 teams 2 games back of the Texans. Huge game this weekend. Huge. Huge. HUGE.