1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[official] Rams @ Texans 10/13/2013

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Oct 9, 2013.

1. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Contributing Member

Schaub runs his pick six streak to 5,

Texans win on last second FG. 27-24

2. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Texans win by 20 and Schaub throws for at least 250 yards, 2 TD and 0 INT.

I'm dreading it, but that's the worst-case scenario for us as a franchise, so I'm fully expecting it to happen. Hoping Matt proves me wrong with No. 5.

3. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Counting that Bengals playoff game Schaub has 5 pick six in last 7 games!!! WOW.

Rams 14
    Texans 24

Rams score 2 defensive touchdowns of course.

4. Raven

Raven Member

I won't ever root for a player to suck. I will root for a team to dump veterans and rebuild through the draft but this situation is different. I know the Rams are suppose to be an easy victory, but I teams have figured out Schaub and I'd be shocked if we don't see more interceptions.

5. TheDr34m

TheDr34m Contributing Member

Arian Foster 150+ yards rushing 40+ yards receiving against their inept rushing defense. Texans should win as long as Schaub can take care of the ball. He will need to do his best Alex Smith impersonation and be the ultimate game manager this sunday.

6. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

It's entirely likely that Schaub has a good to great game here. And then another terrible performance at Arrowhead with the pass rush they've been generating.

A good game could give him enough slack with the coaches to overlook another bad collapse game, and we go into the BYE without any serious thought of switching QB.

In this alternate timeline, I'd rather see an Ogletree pick 6. Williams is a blitz heavy dc and they have the personnel to do it.

7. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Kubiak very rarely ever says anything overtly substantively. So the big news, IMO, isn't that Schaub is starting; it's that Kubiak flat-out says, twice (IIRC), that it was a "tough" decision. He's very obviously reached the end of his rope with this version of Matt Schaub.

So Schaub essentially has two games to turn Gary around: StL and KC. Win and play well, the job is his. Continue to stumble and Kubiak's going to use the bye week to get his new QB ready.

This will be an interesting two weeks…

8. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Damn, I was hoping there would be another story-line besides the obvious one.

My prediction: If Schaub throws another INT against the Rams, Kubiak finally pulls him.

9. IBTL

IBTL Member

call me crazy but they bring in vince young and start practicing him.

Play schaub for now and let him get hammered to continue to validate point. Play keenum and yates as well.

As 2-3 we need to go 8-3 or 7-4 to get playoffs.

So we lose with schaub/keenum/yates and that means we are at 2-5.

We hit the bye and we bring in Vince young since at 2-5 the season will be *lost* by then anyway.

Vince rattles off 8-1 or 7-2 and superbowl glory. Fairytale ending where dreams are made. Since we were 2-5 anyway is didnt matter but the key is we need to get VY in now to get some reps and the bye. With kubiaks 70 IQ offense it will fit young anyway and when they want to chase VY on that lame ass boot we give it to wonderlic and let him run some magic. I mean if we get to 2-5 who here thinks we will get playoffs anyway? Why not a chance at glory and the most exciting season ever? 8-1 or 7-2 is not a miracle either and makes this whole mess damn entertaining.

10. cardpire

cardpire Member

That's how I see it too, but I'm taking it a step further and thinking he's also making a statement that he realizes that Schaub has sucked, but Yates didn't show enough to make him think he gives us a better chance at winning, so maybe he won't be next in line after the bye week (or before, if we lose to the Rams).

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Kubiak on Schaub: &quot;You're OK when your team starts playing better. He understands that.&quot; <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Texans&amp;src=hash">#Texans</a></p>&mdash; Dale Robertson (@sportywineguy) <a href="https://twitter.com/sportywineguy/statuses/388006654383751168">October 9, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Schaub &quot;I was never worried bout that (being benched). I'm the quarterback of this team and I'm focused on winning.&quot;</p>&mdash; John McClain (@McClain_on_NFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/McClain_on_NFL/statuses/388039363780571136">October 9, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Schaub &quot;we need to make better decisions. We need to b sharper. We're constantly looking at what we're doing, including predictability.&quot;</p>&mdash; John McClain (@McClain_on_NFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/McClain_on_NFL/statuses/388039719910522880">October 9, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Schaub: I'm going to stay true to my preparation. This will be a strength of ours and we will be better for it. <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Texans&amp;src=hash">#Texans</a></p>&mdash; Deepi Sidhu (@DeepSlant) <a href="https://twitter.com/DeepSlant/statuses/388040062123769856">October 9, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Schaub: I'm extremely confident of my football abilities and what I can do out there. <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Texans&amp;src=hash">#Texans</a></p>&mdash; Deepi Sidhu (@DeepSlant) <a href="https://twitter.com/DeepSlant/statuses/388040420799705088">October 9, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Schaub says he is licking his chops to get back out there and play again. Even tomorrow morning if it was a possibility. <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Texans&amp;src=hash">#Texans</a></p>&mdash; Deepi Sidhu (@DeepSlant) <a href="https://twitter.com/DeepSlant/statuses/388040645434019840">October 9, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Schaub on if confidence being affected. &quot;Not 1 bit. I have supreme confidence in my ability.&quot;</p>&mdash; John McClain (@McClain_on_NFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/McClain_on_NFL/statuses/388040583572230144">October 9, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Schaub on morning meeting: Was to discuss direction of our football team and how to right the ship. Nothing more.</p>&mdash; Deepi Sidhu (@DeepSlant) <a href="https://twitter.com/DeepSlant/statuses/388041053544013824">October 9, 2013</a></blockquote>

#31 J.R., Oct 9, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2013
  12. Hey Now!

Yates is next in line. He's been in the offense for 2+ years; he's played in meaningful NFL games... Kubiak realizes Schaub is, far and away, the best QB on the roster. What's he's struggling with is the line Schaub has to cross to make Yates the more viable option. He's not there yet... but closer than he's ever been.

13. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

"We need to make better decisions"? How about YOU need to make better decisions!!

14. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

OK. Thanks. :eek:

15. solid

solid Contributing Member

You know, I am a huge Keenum fan. I think he would "shock the world" if given a chance, but I watched Young in preseason and he looked great. I was shocked when they released him. If it were between TJ and Young I would give Young a shot. Yeah, crazy, likely won't happen, but I bet he would do well.

16. clubberclyde

clubberclyde Member

We win 21-10

17. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's gonna be a hell of a story if Schaub and the Texans can right the ship. A little adversity is a good thing.

Hou 49
    Stl 12

18. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

I won't ever actively root for it. All discussion during the week aside, come noon Sunday, I'll want the Texans to score a touchdown every time they have the ball. That's just being a fan, which I'll always be.

That said, the logic side of my brain tells me that Schaub is a lost cause and that our long-term interests would best be served by using this season to evaluate Yates and possibly Keenum.

19. cardpire

cardpire Member

Probably, but I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that he wants Keenum in there. He's his pet project.

I understand the whole "Then why not make Keenum the #2 out of camp?" argument, but, after playing to a draw in "open competition", it makes no sense to displace whoever currently has the job.

Who knows...I admittedly am seeing it with the bias of wanting to see Keenum in there and not Yates, so it's probably wishful thinking on my part.

20. Hey Now!

He is? Based on what? I truly doubt Gary Kubiak has time to groom an undrafted QB with limited upside. He has to find a way to drag a team with a void at QB into the postseason.