1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Raiders @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Oct 22, 2019.

1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

About what?

2. csj

csj Member

Wins tend to result in losses for the other teams and, likewise, losses tend to result in wins for the other teams.

This is a perfect example of a statistic contrived to give the desired appearance. It's exactly what you'd expect from a division of good, but not great, teams.

3. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Lol. It's the toughest division in the AFC for sure.

Which AFC teams besides a healthy Chiefs team (excluding NE) have a "good chance" of making it to the SB?

Uprising likes this.
  4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I will remember that game primarily because of injuries, if I remember it at all. Texans have to find a way to get going in the first quarter at some point this season.

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Just the Ravens.

But yes if you take out the chiefs and pats then those divisions are weak too. But I'm including them in my analysis

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

7. Nimo

Nimo Member

Replace toughest with competitive so people don't get all fussy. The NFC North and NFC West are better top to bottom.
    With all the injuries to the Texans, the Ravens have a better chance than them. Defense, running, and a QB that doesn't turn it over.

justtxyank likes this.
  8. J.R.

J.R. Member

9. conquistador#11

Yordan faints and seizures.
    As the game ended, I lip read "I've always loved you man" Gruden to Watson. Then in the presser, Watson confirmed that's what Gruden told him.

Rodman23 likes this.
  10. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

It's not weak, it just simply doesn't have any great teams in it.

Whereas the rest of the divisions in the AFC are...

Great team
    Mediocre team (if that)
    Bad team
    Terribad team

The Chargers are having a rough go of it but I'd still cast my lot with the AFC West in that debate.

The AFC is ridiculously top heavy. It's such a shame, because while it increases the Texans chances of making the playoffs, it makes any meaningful playoff runs almost impossible.

Meanwhile, the NFC has its bellcows, but there's so much less breathing room between tiers 1, 2 and 3.

11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

13. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Hoping we have some guys back by the Ravens game. Roby, Gipson would be great to have back.. not sure if Fuller can return by then.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  14. conquistador#11

It's almost like the talking heads that had this team only winning the Jaguars' game due to "hardest" schedule are upset that Watson gives this team a chance against anyone.
    They were playing a clip from B.o.B's presser saying Howard might play Sunday. That's a relief. But I'd just wait to suit him up v. Baltimore.

BigShasta likes this.
  15. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Early game, I'll set my alarm for when Halftime should be....to see our offense rolling in the third quarter. Not going to miss much through the first two quarters most likely....probably a 3-7pt deficit into the half.

BigShasta likes this.