1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Playoffs: Texans @ Patriots

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Mr Striker09

Mr Striker09 Member

LOL, You guys think they will go out and get a really good WR?? It wont happen. They havent tried to and wont anytime soon.

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

They drafted Posey in the 2nd round. So they are trying.

3. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

4. Mr Striker09

Mr Striker09 Member

Kevin Walter = Pointless

5. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Was I the onyl one pissed that they didn;t even try to score at the end? They had over 1:20 left, if they hurried, they could have had a TD and attempted an onside kick, if only to look like they gave a ****. Schaub having no urgency coming up to the line really pissed me off

1 person likes this.
  6. Jet Blast

Jet Blast Contributing Member

Well, that was a disappointing way to end the season. It was going to be a difficult task beating the Patriots. We weren't even on the same level as them. Totally out coached and out matched.

I really thought this was going to be a special season. Now it's over and no more live Texans games until the preseason in August.

7. AB423

AB423 Member

I was pissed that they were taking their sweet ass time and kept huddling up whenever they needed to score multiple times in the 4th.

8. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

I wanted to pee on Kubiak when they only managed a ****ing FG after Manning took it 94 yards. Worst part is this might give them an excuse to keep p.o.s. Marciano around.

9. HoustonRockets

Check out this article. Ravens players criticizing Patriots no huddle offense.

While New England was in the process of defeating the Houston Texans on Sunday to set up an AFC Championship Game rematch with Baltimore, Ravens linebacker Brendon Ayanbadejo ripped the Patriots on Twitter, particularly criticizing their no-huddle offense.

"New England does some suspect stuff on offense. Can't really respect it. Comparable to a cheap shot b4 a fight," Ayanbadejo tweeted.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/201...re-ravens-bashes-new-england-patriots-twitter

10. hairyme

hairyme Member

Yeah! What happened to that "muddle huddle" crap we saw earlier in the season?? I know the situation was bleak and there was maybe a 1% chance of a comeback victory, but play with some urgency, geez!

11. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

torn achilles :(

12. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Did Kevin Walter play this year?

13. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

He was drafted in the 3rd round.

14. TheRaven

TheRaven Contributing Member

Okay, not trying to be Mr. Silver Lining here but the reality is that 24 teams were sitting home this weekend watching the playoffs.
    The Texans got this far for the second time (even though they sucked and pissed away the #1 seed, they still are 2-2 in the playoffs).
    Monsieurs Manning and Rodgers got early passes to the golf course.
    And Belichick probably owns us. But he does that to a lot of teams. Maybe we OWN the Bengals.
    Point is, the BEST football coach this town ever saw was Bum Phillips. And he got fired after making the AFC championship game... twice.
    The Oilers could never get past the Steelers. Always that one team that we could beat in the regular season but just couldn't get past no matter how good we were.
    Hell, one year we missed the playoffs after going 10-4 (14 game seasons then). Lost two divisional games each to Steelers and Bengals.
    It's football. And we still have a damn good team. And a hell of a lot of good guys on it.
    The last thing we need to do is turn into whining b****es like the Cowboy fans who, as opposed to admitting they have a half-ass team with a r****ded owner, think their team is one draft, one ex-con free agent, or another coordinator away from a Super Bowl. They have been in that mode for 20 years.
    Yeah, we lost in the same round as last year. And yeah, things should have been different.
    But after having spent my whole life in this town and already seeing one team leave, we got it good. One of only four four fan bases to get to mourn a playoff loss this weekend.
    The other four get to play another week but only two past that.
    Everyone else is watching paint peel.
    And we could always be the Browns or Jaguars. Look at what a pathetic pile of crap that is.
    Wish it had been different but I still love this team.

15. conquistador#11

this is how i feel about the offense. especially when the cornerbacks have no way to jam past five yards. props to the hoody for taking advantage of the rules changed because of his dbs being to physical with tony dungy's receivers.

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

It is why he is the Cheif CHEATriots. . .
    nothing like. . . bending or fracturing a rule or two to the Success

Rocket River
    They back on the Tape I tell you . . .

17. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

They're the ones that asked for this game. They could have been playing in Houston.

18. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

ubigred, YES. He had 500+ yards as the third leading receiver behind only Owen Daniels and Andre Johnson. He caught two touchdown passes in 41 receptions. :eek:
    It would have made little to no difference at the caliber that we played versus the caliber of what is the experience of Belichick and Tom Brady in the playoffs versus Kubiak and our players.

19. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's pretty brutal because I think he could have really contributed next year. Brutal.

20. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They just game planned the texans perfectly, on offense and defense. Belichick will take away what you do best and he did that by taking away the run early. Obviously, the offense didn't take advantage of those early opportunities. Casey dropping the easy TD and the drives stalling on the other two drives was painful. But again, texans got put in some 2nd/3rd and longs because the running game wasn't getting any yards early.

The pats offense just abused the defense. After the first quarter I just had a helpless feeling that no matter what happened, the Pats were going to take advantage of mismatches all day. Giving up 40+ points to the same team twice is just embarrassing.