1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Patriots @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Nov 28, 2019.

1. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Just came in here today to say that Bill Belichick is a giant douche bag

Chilly_Pete, TejasTom and csj like this.
  2. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

I've proclaimed indifference to margin of victory?... His sample size is large enough for it to carry weight: 34 games and he's lost by more than 8 points exactly once - that means he/the Texans are in almost very game they play - and they're winning the vast majority of them. But people wanna be mad about a single game because it was played in January and not, like, October...

I never claimed the Texans were worse... but if everyone is going to quickly dismiss a playoff victory with YEAH BUTs because of the quality of the opposing QB, they should be intellectually honest about it. Winning a playoff game with Brock Osweiler as your QB is not worthy of being casually dismissed because he was an objectively bad QB, regardless of the number of starts he had previously compiled.

Kubiak and Denver chose a broken-down Manning over a healthy Osweiler because they knew...

3. conquistador#11

BIG BEAUTIFUL ratings?
    A source close to me has revealed, 22 million people watched Deshaun slice the Patriots like a Jalapeeeno.
    That's the most viewed SNF week 13 game in 9 years.

4. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Houstunna, TejasTom and Rudyc281 like this.
  5. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

6. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Sí.. You dismissed blowouts having any value not too long ago. Texans were catching the bad end of that particular situation, so, of course you dismissed it.

It's very interesting you now proclaim MOV having value. Well, not really, since it now helps your point.

Anyone saying Watson sucks because of the bad playoff performance is misguided.

I was highly disappointed but Watson shows major promise.

Brock was pretty bad.. but he is Brady compared to Cook.

Do you realize said playoff game was his final game? His one and only season? He hasn't sniffed a roster since. Brock had years of experience with plenty starts (at least relatively), and played @ home.

O'Brien is showing some promise so I will say that. Texans have won some big games this season. Martin playing well vs NE gives the Clowney debacle more promise. Still think we should be better. I wouldn't have minded an loss @ BAL, but that was embarrassing. The ending vs Patriots left a bad taste. FWIW, these Texans are the best Texans team, so there's hope.

7. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Show me. I have no recollection but am now curious, especially when you consider they've suffered exactly one blowout the past two years - why were we even talking about it?

Without the context, I will offer that *A* blowout doesn't have any significant meaning. I don't, for instance, think the Ravens are 34 points better than the Texans. But if they played 28 times and the average MOV of victory was 34.... yeah, that would obviously carry significnce.

No he's not. He posted a sub-50 QB rating the very next week (against Brady). Seven of his 14 starts that year were sub-70, including 4 that were sub-60. He was a terrible QB. No one needs to throw anyone a parade but to outright dismiss the victory because the opposing QB was bad - while flat-out ignoring how bad the Texans' QB was - is being intellectually dishonest.

8. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

9. Nimo

Nimo Member

Fun fact. The overwhelming favorite for the MVP has as many of this award as Deshaun Watson

Chilly_Pete likes this.
  10. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

To me, what doesn't get talked about enough is of those games that Texans lost by less than 8, how many games did Watson give the Texans a lead on their last offensive possession only to watch the defense give up a last second game winning drive. There were atleast 2 last year and ofcourse the saints this year

11. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Still remember the days when people thought Watson was gonna be a bust and game manager at best. Lmao!

12. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

I didn't bookmark the page, but the exact date doesn't matter. You downplayed MOV when it didn't benefit the Texans, and now that it does, you respect it.

You're right though regarding Watson. We rarely get blownout now and are mostly the blower (one of the few times in life this is a good thing) and that's why he brings great hope. Previous to him, we mostly were the blowee and our overall success reflected such.... zero championships, zero SB appearances, zero CF appearances, and multiple pathetic playoff performances.
    Dishonesty is deleting my counter argument. 2016 was Cook's *one and only* NFL season. He made two starts total in his career. He was a rookie making his 2nd career start compared to Brock's making his 20th while being in his 5th season.

Given those facts, Brock was Brady comparatively. Perhaps Brady is too strong a name, but the logic still exists that Conner was the clear underdog entering that game. Plus, Brock had home field. O'Brien deserves some credit for winning the game but it's only minimal.

13. Buck Turgidson

14. likestohypeguy

Still riding this high.

Getting a little bump tonight, NFL Network's replay.

conquistador#11 likes this.