1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Patriots @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Nov 28, 2019.

1. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Can’t wait for Deshaun to pick on Kareem Jackson

2. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Hope Von Miller sits another game.

red5rocket likes this.
  3. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

I, too, will take the situation the Texans had tonight any day of the week. But, it never should have gotten to the point that the Patriots had a chance to recover an onside kick with 50 seconds remaining in a one-possession game . Things got way too close for comfort at the end.

Gray_Jay and solid like this.
  4. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Watson is now 6-2 in primetime.

Hopkins TD-INT ratio is now 1:1

5. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

youre missing the point. We are talking about PREVENT defense. It doesn’t work, especially if you’re the Texans. Look at the Saints game, and countless other times that the Texans played prevent and the other team still scores. Tonight’s game proved it once more.

6. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Already established the different situations. You’ll have to come up with specific examples of the apparent “countless times” it didn’t work and the Texans blew large 4th quarter leads.

And in the end, my stance is that it’s not designed to “work”. It’s designed to force a team to take longer to score, if at all, while minimizing risk. While I too am not a fan of it, the Texans specifically haven’t lost countless games when it has been employed in select circumstances... it’s largely games they’re going to win regardless.

7. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I don’t think this fan base would ever feel comfortable... in any situation, ever.

8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Thank god no nut November is over

houstonstime and red5rocket like this.
  9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

10. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

my issue isn't that someone is critical of the coach, my issue is the collective thought process with this season where we are just looking for reasons to find fault. we just beat the pats, and there is so much of well we almost lost, good game but there are so many issues

just enjoy the game, we beat the pats!

raining threes likes this.
  11. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

So we can’t even give BOB credit for the #hopop @EddieWasSnubbed

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  12. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

you make it sound like recovering a onside kick is like converting a 4th and 1. with the new rules, recovering a onsite kick is very difficult. even if they had recovered the onsite kick, they still would have needed a td with like 40 seconds left and no timeouts and no wrs

I guarantee if the game was the opposite and we had a chance to come from behind to win with a onsite recovery and a 40 yard td drive, we would not be sitting here going man we almost won

13. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

15. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Maybe the best win of the BOB era.

Team was ready to play on both sides of the ball, had a great game plan to attack the Pats defense, no egregious game management and a player they got back for Clowney actually looked like he can be useful. If I didn't have video evidence that this was the same team I wouldn't believe it.

I might be downright optimistic if not for the Baltimore skullf**king, but this organization has to prove a lot to win over any confidence from me.

Gray_Jay, Nick, red5rocket and 2 others like this.
  16. Victorious

Victorious Member

Give Billy a lifetime contract extension

17. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Somehow I doubt Jackson lasts too long in the NFL. As much as he runs, the chance of him lasting as long as other great quarterbacks seems unlikely. The long-term injury risk is probably twice as high.

18. Theking

Theking Member

Everytime i see i dumb post i see your name.

19. conquistador#11

The prevent is to avoid the 'homerun' pass in your race vs time by loosing up coverage and playing that deep ball. You're basically playing the clock and not the team.
    But let's not call it 'prevent' to avoid a rudderless thread. How about let's call it the " Loosen your coverage a bit more than in the previous 57 minutes to stop the big play" Defense.
    When you loosen up the coverage like that you neuter your defense from doing what they were doing best all throughout the game. ... making Brady uncomfortable and erratic. I hadn't seen Brady throw a fit like that since the playoffs Jan 2017.

If uggs can shake of the pass rush and hit a bomb than you have to tip your helmet to him just don't take it off. The " Loosen your coverage a bit more to stop the big play" just gets the O in a rhythm. Giving low percentages of a recovered onside kick or a 58 yard kick insults the reason as to why we love sports....anything can happen.

I know who didn't like it. B.O.B when asked about it you could hear the disappointment in his tone of voice. "Yeah, We have to finish the last 2 minutes. It's never over. Not with him(uggs).

the highlights:

#619 conquistador#11, Dec 2, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
  20. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

6-3 is what I saw.

Either way, I'll take it.