1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Patrick Beverley appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheTruth1, Dec 1, 2013.

1. TheTruth1

TheTruth1 Rookie

Pat is amazing. Love his energy on the court. Really active on both ends of the court. Pat is the perfect complement to Harden with his defense and pinpoint spot up shooting. I think Pat is gonna progress into a legit star for this team over the years so I want to start a tracking thread at the beginning of his career as the starter in Houston.

As of today 12/1/2013

9.5 PPG (27th among PGs)
    3.8 Rebs. (Top 10/ 10th among starting pgs)
    2.3 APG. (36th among PGs).
    .5 BPG (tied most blocks per game among PGs. Lin is the other guy. Two rockets at #1!)
    41% FG (16th Among PGs)
    36% 3pg (21st Among PGs)
    Averaging 35 MPG ( 3rd most on the Rox after Harden and Parsons.

All these number are even better than last year which shows he's growing as a player. The Sky is the limit for Pat. Found the perfect home in the NBA with the perfect role and a coach who was a former player when guys where gritty defenders like Bev. Very excited to see him mature with the Rox.

We don't win that SA game without Bev tangling with Duncan to have that ball knocked in. Held Parker in check for the most part. Dude had been averaging 35 minutes a game. He's a freaking Machine! Bev never looks tired out on the court.

Great story and Great Find by Morey.
    He and Asik are my Favorite players on the team. Love the underdogs who don't catch a break but never give up. Rooting for you PBev!!

2. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

More importantly....

A big heart and a pair of over sized balls of steal.

He is the kind of fearless role-players you need if you want your team to go deep in the playoffs.

3. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

Show appreciation by spelling his name correctly...

4. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Yes, a great success story and a great player to have on the team. True grit. I wish him all the best and hope he's with the Rockets for a long time.

5. TheTruth1

TheTruth1 Rookie

I agree I really like where he got into that shoving match with Ellis is Dallas. Ellis didn't want none of PB haha. I'll try and find a clip.
    Pat reminds me a lot of the gritty Bob Sura. It takes a lot to get Mchale's respects esp PGs just ask Lowry. But Bev instantly got Mac's respect from his first practice. Cause he plays like they did back in the 80s where it was down Game recognizes Game.

6. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Truly a player you can count on that will give 120% every single night.

That tip in play over Duncan last night pretty much sums up his effort

7. TheTruth1

TheTruth1 Rookie

The guy went from Euro league to NBA starter in half a season put up spectacular numbers. He never even started an NBA game until the playoffs when Lin (again) got hurt. Held Westbrook in check and then locked down Reggie Jackson after that. I have to dig up the numbers for RJ and WB. Took them to game 6. Heck of a story.

8. rocketblood713

love his energy and that relentless attitude

9. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

When I saw this thread I thought something happened to Bev like a trade. Thank goodness it wasn't. But yes, I think everyone loves Bev, his hustle and his game. Sometimes I might criticize how he runs the team and the offense but he is still growing as a player. I absolutely love how he plays every game like it might be his last, just puts all of himself into the game. If more talented players did that, the NBA would be a much better game. Anyway, cheers to Bev for getting an opportunity, seizing it everyday and playing his heart out for us! We all love and appreciate it!

10. gambingo

gambingo Member

Umm....you should really watch that series. The truth is he was getting worked by RJ, and WB would have done the same too if he didn't get injure.

11. rubbertoe

rubbertoe Member

Official BOH thread~

12. Panda23

Panda23 Member

BEVERLEY*

13. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

He sounds like sarcastic/troll to me.

14. TheTruth1

TheTruth1 Rookie

That's not how I remember it. Pat practically locked RJ up after he locked up Westbrook before Westbrook's misstep. Pat made his name in that series. After that series Mac knew which way he needed to go with the starting PG position. That whole preseason "two starter" bull was just for PR because they had some games in Asia. That Series won Pat the starting Job! looking for the numbers

15. pnr

pnr Member

This.

16. TheTruth1

TheTruth1 Rookie

Pat and Omer are my favorite players. Where have I said anything negative about Pat anywhere in this thread! It's a freaking appreciation thread for crying out loud. Jeeze some of you are jaded.

17. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Champions need players like Beverly.

Between Howard, Harden, Parson, Lin,and the a lesser extent Brooks and Casspi, this team has plenty of playmakers.

Beverly is basically unleashed to play extremely hard and hit 3's.

18. TheTruth1

TheTruth1 Rookie

I guess in clutchfans everything goes back to Lin with a lot of you. All right let me set the record straight. Here's my thoughts:

Lin doesn't fit on the Rockets anymore. He's not a bad player and could probably start and do well on almost any team in the East. He should be traded for picks or an upgrade at SF like Ryan Anderson or Deng. There really isn't anything he brings that Brooks can't give you other than a few more assists. I want the Rockets to trade him. Not that I don't like him. He just doesn't fit here anymore. PBev has the starter spot on lock and Brooks can break you off 15-20 plus per game off the bench. Personally Lin should probably request a trade for his own career. Bit that's up to him. If he doesn't mind knowing his role and being a bench player he can stay and try and help. If he don't like it then he and Asik can walk together. It's up to them. If he don't mind being on the bench them he can stay. If not be a man a request a trade like Asik. I respect that. The Rox are set Lin or no Lin. We have our starting PG everything else is gravy.

19. pnr

pnr Member

Hahahahaha. You're the first to mention Lin, troll.

1 person likes this.
  20. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Nobody is discussing Lin in this thread. Seal made a mention along with 5/6 other rocket players that hes a good playmaker.

What the fk are you talking about.