1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] NYC Viewing Party Game 4 - Avenida Cantina (25 Avenue B, New York, NY 10009)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jbasket, Apr 22, 2017.

1. jbasket

jbasket Member

Hi all! Thanks to those that came out; sad result for the game, unfortunately. Hope to see y'all again.

We will be having a watch party at The Avenida Cantina in Manhattan. (http://avenidacantina.com/)

FAQ: Why this bar and not the Hog Pit? We tried game 2 at the Cantina, and game 3 at the Hog Pit. The Cantina easily provided a much more hospitable atmosphere and a greater experience. The Rockets also won when we met at the Cantina, and not the Hog Pit :)

I'm scared of showing up, do these things actually happen??? Yes, consistently, without fail. There is no need to be afraid. There are several "cool story bro" threads on CF and many pictures posted in the FB group.

Can I bring non Rockets fans/casual nba fans/kids/anybody with me? Yes, of course. Why not?

When is the game? Sunday, 330 pm EST.

There is a NYC Rockets fans FB goup: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1381087608887270/ (I am one of the moderators of the group). If you have any questions, you can message me through the board, email, or others. Phone:

#1 jbasket, Apr 22, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
    swyyyguy likes this.
  2. jbasket

jbasket Member

Just giving a lil' bump back to the first page.

swyyyguy likes this.
  3. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

@jbasket I was in NYC last weekend. Wish I could make it to one of these. Thanks for taking the initiative and setting this up though!

4. jbasket

jbasket Member

Little bump!

I won't be making it guys btw, but people will still be there!

5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Too bad I decided to drop by and you aren't here!

Not a bad place to watch the game.

6. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

I will be in NYC for the Astros Yankees series in a couple weeks.
    Would round 2 still be going on?

7. jbasket

jbasket Member

It was a late scratch. My back tightened up :( it has caused issues for *years* for me. I really wish I could have came, I enjoy the Cantina plus the regulars there.

*If we make round 2*, yes.

8. ab0_bleedred

ab0_bleedred Member

Let's bring it back for game 1 against the Spurs. Bringing a Spurs fan so don't let me down Htown fam.

9. cmpatel

cmpatel Member

anyone know of best bars to watch the game in Boston?

10. jbasket

jbasket Member

Sorry I had some events to go to.

Not sure how the Cantina was this game, but try to start a thread here and some things on the FB page. I've done it several times, isn't too difficult. Tbh, probably just copy the format.