1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] NBATV Rockets TV appearances (classics,etc)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Jul 27, 2011.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

For the NBATV watching folk here

http://www.nba.com/nbatv/schedule/

Monday 8/1

TIME (ET)
    4:00 PM
    8:30 PM
    1:00 AM
    5:30 AM

Rockets/SuperSonics, 1987 Western Conference Semifinals - Game 6

Rockets C Hakeem Olajuwon delivered an incredible performance with 49 points and 25 rebounds in a Double-OT classic against the SuperSonics.

1 person likes this.
  2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Excellent! Won't say who won (for those who don't recall), but regardless of the outcome, a classic performance by the Dream. Thanks for the heads-up, tinman! :)-

3. tinman

Supporting Member

4. RocketMadness

RocketMadness Member

5. tinman

Supporting Member

it's old school monday

6. tinman

Supporting Member

7. RealistFan

RealistFan Member

I saw this game on YT awhile ago. Dream was unreal. He had 6 blocks to go with the 49/25 statline on 19-33 FG, 11-13 FT.

The problem the Rockets had that series was the Sonics pressure, trapping defense really got the guards and they had trouble bringing the ball up the court. Still, we could have won that game had Sampson not missed a few FTs in the first overtime I think. Game 7 was going to be @ the Summit and I think we would have won. LA was going to be up next......

Really wish Sampson never got injured and Lloyd, Lucas and Wiggins were never suspended for coke. That's a dynasty.

8. tinman

Supporting Member

Love the 80s Rockets, Ralph Sampson alley oops, Dream's flying dunks..

9. DFW_Rockets_Fan

DFW_Rockets_Fan Contributing Member

I watched it and remembered how much I hated Dale Ellis (not literally, just because he would not miss). I was hoping some of the calls would change this time, Allen Leavell charge, missed goal tending call. :)

Either I do not remember or that game may be an exception, but the refs really let them play through what I think would be called fouls now.

10. MLittle577

MLittle577 Contributing Member

Steve Harris really sucked...

11. codell

codell Contributing Member

Despite the loss, what a fond memory this was.

Akeem "The Team" almost pulled this one out. Leavell fouling out so early really killed us. Harris was not a PG IIRC. You know the Rockets were desperate when they benched Harris and brought in an ice cold Dirk Minnifield to replace him with minutes to go in a playoff game. I don't remember seeing it in the replay, but I could have sworn Dirk had a critical turnover late in the 4th or one of the OTs that allowed Seattle to lead or tie.

The PG situation really was a mess for that team. Rodney Mac and Bobby Joe were certainly capable ball handlers, but you ideally don't want them bringing up the ball like that, especially against Seattle's pressure. They did well though.

Sampson really had just an awful game. He had that terrible short arm shot in the OT that could have tied. It was a gimmee. I know his knees were wrecked, but hard to watch that miss regardless.

I had forgotten what a strong game Bobby Joe had. Akeem and him were our "big 3" equivalent to Seattle that game (Akeem being 2 1/2 and Reid being 1/2). :)

One of my strongest memories was watching Richard Anderson try to tie the game with that 3. Ouch!

12. tinman

Supporting Member

Get your DVRs ready

SUNDAY10/16

TIME (ET) SHOW EPISODE DESCRIPTION

6:00 AM Hardwood Classic Rockets/Lakers, 1986 Western Conference Finals Game 5 Rockets C Ralph Sampson made an off-b ...

8:00 AM Hardwood Classic Suns/Rockets, 1994 Western Conference Semifinals - Game 7 Rockets C Hakeem Olajuwon proved to b ...

10:00 AM Hardwood Classic Magic/Rockets, 1995 NBA Finals - Game 4

13. tinman

Supporting Member

THURSDAY10/20

9:00 PM NBA's Greatest Games: 1993 Playoffs Clippers/Rockets, 1993 Western Conference 1st Round - Game 5 Hakeem Olajuwon's 31 points and 21 re ...

TUESDAY10/25

5:00 PM NBA's Greatest Games: 1993 Playoffs Rockets/SuperSonics, 1993 Western Conference Semifinals - Game 7 Despite the Rockets five starters sco ...

14. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

It's beyond me why they always show the same games, at least back in the day they showed the quadruple-double game, game 1 & 2 of the 1995 series vs. Spurs etc. Now it's all the same

15. RealistFan

RealistFan Member

I agree. They keep repeating the same ones. All these games can be found on youtube in good quality as well. Once, they showed the Christmas day game against the Magic, the year after we beat them in the finals. I was really mad at myself for missing it.

16. tinman

Supporting Member

Tonight at 10
    5:00 PM NBA's Greatest Games: 1993 Playoffs Rockets/SuperSonics, 1993 Western Conference Semifinals - Game 7

17. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

What the hell is NBATV's problem? Why do they insist on only showing games that the Rockets lose?

18. bro2044

bro2044 Member

the last week or two theyve only been focusing on 1993 playoff series, and mostly only elimination games. theyve now down both conference 1st rounds and western conference second rounds. in the next week im guessing itll all be wrapped up and maybe onto the next year. I've recently watched (last month or so) the 86 Sampson buzzer-beater vs LAL to advance to the Finals, game 5 vs LAC 94 and game 7 vs PHX 94. They won all those!

now of course they'll show some losses too, but its not too one-sided I dont think.

man, tonights Game 7 Vs Seattle really took me back. Announcer: "..and Seattle is getting ALL the calls in this overtime!" Geez, a clean block by Olajuwon, foul? and then they call the next possession out on Hakeem when it was obviously a Sonic!!! I havent seen it in a while and COMPLETELY forgot that Eddie Johnson was on the Sonics and that we had a 2-pt lead with 30 secs left! ARGH!! I was young and had only started getting interested in basketball/Rockets the year before. We should've had home-court advantage and that wouldve made the difference I think, since each team BLEW the other out on their home floor.

anyways, good stuff. great series over all and so frustrating to remember. I hope NBATV continues with this year-to-year playoff gimmick, I'm enjoying watching all the 90s teams go at it.

19. tinman

Supporting Member

Tues
    11/1

9:00 AM Old School Monday Jazz/Rockets, 1997 Western Conference Finals - Game 6

Weds

11/2
    5:00 PM NBA Special Searching for Redemption: The Kermit Washington Story

11/7

8:00 PM Old School Monday Suns/Rockets, 1994 Western Conference Semifinals - Game 7
    10:00 PM Old School Monday Knicks/Rockets, 1994 NBA Finals - Game 7

20. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

[​IMG]