1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] NAtionals @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Aug 6, 2012.

1. cardpire

cardpire Member

sometimes i feel sorry for them i guess?

2. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

This team might not win an extra-inning game this year.

3. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Lose game 1 with terrible defense
    Lose game 2 thanks to great defense

This has been unbelievable.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

ESPN Stats & Info ‏@ESPNStatsInfo
    Astros fall to 0-11 in extra innings; from #Elias, only other team in MLB history to lose its 1st 11 extra-inning games was the 1969 Expos.

5. cardpire

cardpire Member

i brought this up a couple months ago and already forgot the answer: what was our record the past 2 seasons? we have more than 0 wins, but i know the records are putrid as well.

6. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

I'm thinking... could Cy-Ranch (5A state champs in baseball this past season) beat the Astros?

7. noscrusir

noscrusir Contributing Member

Diddly poo. Yup.

1 person likes this.
  8. J.R.

J.R. Member

5-13 last year
    0-11 this year
    5-24

Have a good night everyone.

#68 J.R., Aug 7, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2012
  9. cardpire

cardpire Member

i must have viewed last night's play 40+ times by now.

i'm pretty sure that will be emblazoned in my mind as the first thing i think about in the future whenever i'm reminiscing about this era.

these next several years are going to suck. i can handle lulls in success. it is acceptable and normal for every team in sports besides the yankees. but i really can't cope with the reality that we are going to be dog*****/not contending for anything/hopeless for probably the next 6 years, especially with the powerhouses in our new division. it's going to be sheer misery.

10. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Strike one was when Ed Wade turned down a possible better deal for Bourn that came across after he had reached an agreement in principle with Frank Wren on the deal for Schafer, Abreu, Clemens, and Oberholtzer :mad:

Darn Ed Wade and his morals!

#70 desihooper, Aug 8, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2012
  11. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

Oh God we're so awful.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7PXj8m4yZyo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. juicystream

We don't really know what might have been offered, just that he wasn't willing to listen once the deal was agreed to.

You can tell though, that Wade caved. He could have had at least one of the big 4, but he blew it. Frank Wren played him. Bourn was the perfect fit in ATL.

13. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

14. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

1 person likes this.
  15. Buck Turgidson

16. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Angel Hernandez can f*** off

17. Buck Turgidson

Universal truth. He and CB Bucknor challenge each other daily for the right to be called the "Worst Umpire In The History Of MLB".

The Minneapolis/St Paul airport is pretty boring. That is all.

18. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

WOW! :eek::(

19. juicystream

Let's bring Matt Dominguez back. If we are going to suck offensively, we should at least play better defense. Most infuriating thing to me is we are playing sloppy baseball, but our team really isn't that young.

20. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

The whole league, ESPN, and whomever else needs to stop pretending this is a MLB team that you can apply stats to. This is an owner who traded away every vet we had practically so he could go young in a rebuilding effort. You can quote all the negative stats you want...this is nothing more than a minor league team masquerading as a MLB club at the moment. The owner gave up on the idea of winning more games in the short term in lieu of building up the farm system. This team would probably lose to other teams' AAA clubs as it stands now. I don't particularly care for the no vets approach myself...cause there are no guarantees this team can get the minor league talent playing at a high MLB level for years to come. This is why you mix veteran leadership with young talent imo. The Astros may not be competitive yet for several more seasons. I'm not sure what the club is thinking in this regard. We are providing minor league talent the opportunity to play MLB baseball. It's sink or swim right now with mostly a lot sinking going on. It's tough to put people in the stands when you take this approach. There is no in-between approach where more vets buy us more wins while nurturing the young talent. It's basically unwatchable at this point. I don't feel that dumping all the vets and going completely young is anywhere near a guarantee that these guys grow up and start playing at a high level. This whole approach could potentially backfire.