1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] Media Conspiracy

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Daddy Long Legs, Mar 30, 2017.

1. theimpossibles1

Kenny Smith upon watching Eric Gordon's half court buzzer beater:

"That was luck."

First of all that was a skill shot. We all saw it. Furthermore, why even say that Kenny?

Dude has been brainwashed against us by his TNT clown buddies.

D-rock, Deckard, Deuce and 2 others like this.
  2. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

s3ts and DonKnock like this.
  3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

4. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I would put Chris Paul in over Klay Thompson. I don’t see how he’s not an all star, we are 16-0 when Paul, Harden and Capela play together.

DonKnock likes this.
  5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

6. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I don’t even care if Paul doesn’t make it, maybe Clint or Eric Gordon deserves. Or just don’t give other teams lower than us in the standings two all stars and don’t give the warriors four.

Replace George and Klay with Lillard and Lou.

Or basically just give Harden the MVP if this is what everyone thinks are the best players in game. Cuz he’s clearly playing by himself.

#426 RHU525, Jan 19, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
    s3ts likes this.
  7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Don't get your hopes up for this one, my friend. Media voting Harden for MVP is.........unlikely.

DonKnock likes this.
  8. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

DonKnock likes this.
  9. s3ts

s3ts Member

Did you see this BS on the NBA.com website? You couldn't vote for more than 1 PG at a time, WTF.

I voted on google and nba.com, and every time I got on the website, I had to keep picking CP over EG.

Frustrating as hell.

10. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

well it really depends on how the narrative changes in the second half the season. Harden had more media all star votes than anyone else in the west and I think this was the case last year too but then the narrative changed late in the season. Maybe with the team being healthy if they can maintain the #2 seed it could be his if he keeps up his stellar play (which once he is 100% back i dont see why not)

No any shot from that distance is going to be luck especially when it banks in and from the sideline. I have no issue with what Kenny said. We saw Curry continuously miss half court shots during the all-star game last year for charity and he is the greatest shooter the NBA has seen.

11. RCPM

RCPM Member

Like I'v said time and time again, how can anybody watch that joke of a show. Seriously.....

12. theimpossibles1

I would call it a mix of skill and luck. Notice he pump faked the defender, it was a jump shot from the corner angle. He was not laughing and smiling. All these things indicate skill. These guys can be super focused in game situations (unlike the Curry ASG example).

He banked it in. There's the luck aspect.

I have practiced half court shots before and there is certainly a progression of skill as you work on it. From regular air-balls to hitting the backboard/rim regularly to making 10-20% of attempts.

weakfromtoday and hakeem94 like this.
  13. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

He just says that because Bullard made more of those than he did.

14. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

D-rock, Deckard and DonKnock like this.
  15. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

keekee such a cowardly b**** he didn't even inform ariza/green they were being suspended smh

DonKnock likes this.
  16. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

media is ignoring the rockets warriors game today.

it's all nfl and thunder/cavs lebron news

D-rock, DonKnock and Pen15clubber like this.
  17. The_Yoyo

Guessing whoever broke the news (woj?) probably had a source way up in Kiki's office that told him before they told the team. Extremely poor form and guessing the source maybe more cautious now going forward. I mean Woj is going to report anything as soon as he gets the green light to do so he isnt going to burn a source. My guess is that maybe the team was informed and Morey hadnt told Ariza just yet or by the time Morey could the news was leaked.

My guess how it went down

Kiki -> Rockets - "Hey Ariza and Green 2 games each"
    Source -> Woj - We told team here is what they get
    Woj Tweet

Ariza finds out before Morey/team could talk to him

Now you could say it was poor for for Morey and co not to tell Ariza right away but we dont know the timeline for this. If lets say an hour had passed from when Morey and team found out to when the tweet was made then I blame the team. If like 2-3 minutes had passed then thats more bad circumstances and the source probably should have said "we just told the team give it like 20 minutes"

18. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I was all excited to listen to a few podcasts this morning because I figured they would be breaking down Rockets-Warriors. Instead, all any of them want to talk about is the All Star Game (seriously, who gives a flying **** about this?), the Spurs collapsing, the Cavs collapsing, and the Thunder gaining steam. Give me an absolute ****ing break. It's like they're ACTIVELY trying to avoid talking about us.

19. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Or Kiki is Woj's source, and he heard it directly from the horse's mouth.

20. The_Yoyo

true i guess my point is that i would consider it a media conspiracy at all just because ariza had to find out from the media. To me its more unfortunate timing more than anything else. We hear about how players hear from friends or media about being traded before the GM calls, similar situation.