1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] James Harden being sued by Moses Malone Jr. thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Os Trigonum, May 15, 2017.

1. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Well, whether or not the story is real (and I'm not negating the possibility that it happened, just hoping), you can kiss good-bye any chance at solid free agents. Unless they wrap this thing up fast, which I doubt will happen.

Vivi likes this.
  2. motleydeflep6

motleydeflep6 Member

At one point in the NBA players had guns in locker rooms and were drinking during halftime, I don't think this case has an effect on free agents.

Stormy1234 and REEKO_HTOWN like this.
  3. threepointshot3

This SOUNDS like BS

Stormy1234 likes this.
  4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

and rampant cocaine use in the 1970s plagued the league until they cleaned up the League's image in the 80s and 90s. In a lot of ways today's squeaky clean NBA stars are a product of the NBA's constant PR efforts of the past couple of decades. Doesn't mean that they ARE squeaky clean or that they will stay squeaky clean.

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Kardasian influence

Stormy1234 likes this.
  6. Vivi

Vivi Member

Well, guys with guns in locker room are out of the league from years...and it's actually funny cause one guy i know always called Harden "Hardenas" telling me he was going to become the next Arenas...

7. Vivi

Vivi Member

Looks like Hayward won't be here next season (even though i never thought we had that great of a chance with him)...maybe we'll have a better chance with George if this is actually true like it seems...lol

8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Folks, this is real.

9. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

some parts of the story are starting to resemble the Kobe Bryant sexual assault case . . . obviously not in the particulars, but in the coverage. There was a lot of character assassination of the accuser in the Bryant case, largely by the media that was covering the case. And a popular star player who until that point had had a pretty spotless reputation. It will be interesting to see how this story unfolds.

Stormy1234 and Vivi like this.
  10. motleydeflep6

motleydeflep6 Member

Why would we have a better chance with Paul George is this is real?

11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I just want y'all to remember I was on the first page

12. Vivi

Vivi Member

Just a joke since George ****ed his teammate girlfriend

13. motleydeflep6

motleydeflep6 Member

That has 0 relevance to this

14. motleydeflep6

motleydeflep6 Member

I think this will get settled out of court once it's all set and done.

basketballholic and DreamShook like this.
  15. YOLO

YOLO Member

that would be probably the best case for harden and as mentioned earlier

DreamShook likes this.
  16. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, that's why it was a (meh if you want) joke...it's just that at this point i'm a bit sad about the situation

17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I hope this is what happens. I have zero confidence in James Harden, but I don't want him going to jail.

Pay the money and hopefully he learns from this. I'm starting to think he did it.

basketballholic likes this.
  18. motleydeflep6

motleydeflep6 Member

He won't go to jail imo, he's got the money to make sure that won't happen.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I at least want the fear of jail time. scared straight for James Harden.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  20. J.R.

J.R. Member

James needs to send his goons after some people in this thread. :cool:

http://www.chron.com/sports/astros/...orney-strip-club-Moses-Malone-Jr-11153461.php

Rockets star James Harden's attorney Wednesday denied allegations that Harden was involved in a 2016 nightclub attack on Moses Malone Jr. and suggested that a lawsuit filed this week against Harden was motivated by money.

Houston attorney Rusty Hardin, who will represent Harden in a 2016 lawsuit amended Tuesday to include Harden as a defendant, said he could not recall in recent memory such a case "that is based on nothing ... with absolutely no evidence."

"I can tell you this: James flat out denies having anything to do with whatever happened to Moses. I've seen no evidence to support the fact he had anything to do with it," Hardin said.

"The only thing I can conclude is both this club that (Malone) originally sued and the people he says beat him up have no money, so now we just added a wealthy ballplayer to search for deep pockets."

Malone's attorney, George Farah, said Tuesday he delayed adding Harden to the suit out of respect to the Rockets while their season was under way. Attorney Hardin, however, said Malone's attorneys on several occasions inquired about taking Harden's deposition during the regular season.

"This note of love for the Rockets doesn't play very well when you find out they tried to take his deposition during the season," Hardin said.

Hardin said Farah "doesn't get to just make these allegations. He has to prove them, and that he won't be successful at, because it didn't happen. James is not at fault in this. Whatever happened to Moses Malone Jr., James had nothing to do with it."​

Vivi likes this.