1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Jaguars @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Sep 10, 2019.

1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Damn, too bad we didn't trade up to get Dillard, we would have had 1sts to send for Ramsey instead of using them for Tunsil.

J.R. and Fulgore like this.
  2. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I’m still pissed about that game last Monday night

3. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Brian Gaine.

4. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

With what I saw Sunday, I have a sneaking suspicion that a 10 game losing streak is upcoming. Our defense isn’t good enough to stop a bad offense and our offense isn’t good enough to beat our defense.

5. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

10 game losing streak?

Good lawd our fans are dumb.

Watson is 15-9 as a starter.

He’s had 5 of those losses occur in the last minute of the game while being up.

If our defense wasn’t so soft late, he would be 20-4.

You expect that man to lose 10 games in a season let alone, in a row?

Good luck with that one.

6. studogg

I expect the good qbs we play to light up our defense. Let’s also not forget the 9 game winning streak of soft teams last year.

Intelligent fans understand how easy it is for a team like this to go 2-14.

And intelligent fans would look to statistics that are more telling than overall w-l. Like how about looking at his record vs good qbs. He’s not good enough to overcome the O’Brien factor.

7. magichat281

magichat281 Member

Yeah hes a good qb. We got a steal with him in the draft. We just need a better coach. Our Coach is so stupid and immature. I dont know how he takes the job of OC GM and HC. must been sucking someone dick.

8. Nimo

Nimo Member

AKA the new new scapegoat

It wasn't that long ago we were starting "In Gaine we trust" threads

9. tmacfor35

Just keep digging in on your lame ass suspicion.

I will be sure to remind you of it in a few weeks.

csj likes this.
  10. studogg

I’ll gladly eat crow but don’t come at me if we go 3-7 over that span, saying it wasn’t 0-10.

11. tmacfor35

Already backpedaling.

12. studogg

Ha! A Texan apologist at his best. Willing to celebrate a loss and project flawless play for a highly flawed team with a suspect defense, a piss poor clock manager, bad challenge caller, mediocre offensive coordinator- and no prime JJ to bail the team out.

Deshaun might become great, but right now he’s still prone to accuracy issues, not reading through progressions, completely ignoring tight ends, holding the ball too long all while he’s not learning from the brightest bulb in the universe.

I’m sorry my valid assessment of the team is hurting your feelings. Maybe Bill O’Brien can make you feel all better. My bet is he won’t.

13. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

I never trusted Gaine. I took a wait and see. Gaine didn't do anything in the offseason.......that why O'Brien was pissed at him. It seem BoB likes to be aggressive in trades.

14. Texanstradamus

Watson gonna have a bounce back game Sunday he was pretty average vs the jags the O-line wasn’t that bad either besides penalties and that fuller drop didn’t help I think we will have more packages for stills also

15. tmacfor35

You just proclaimed they would lose 10 in a row and I called you on it. Is that being an apologist?Now it’s 3-7. What will it be next week? Deshaun is inaccurate? He threw for 68% last year while being pressured by far the most in the NFL. Deshaun’s 68% was better than the 66% Pat Mahomes put up and I wouldn’t deem Pat inaccurate even though his scheme is more short passing.In regards to not going through reads I suggest you rewatch the game where he went through his reads repeatedly. Shoot you can see it on television.

Fells and Akins both had 3 targets a piece last game so completely ignoring tight ends is another laughable statement on your part.

He’s also learning from Carl Smith whose well regarded in the NFL and helped develop russel Wilson.

Looks like you are just making things up and flinging poo at the walls. It’s a typical boo hoo football fan.

Love it.

csj likes this.
  16. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Jacksonville wouldn't trade him in the division anyway. So it's a moot point.

17. studogg

Lol. Your crappy defense is as porous as the Texans.

18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Wade Smith on the OL on 610 yesterday...
    People talking about the Texans offensive line giving up four sacks yesterday that is completely untrue. Nick Martin snapped the ball early one time, that counted as one sack against the OL. Two other sacks where in blitzes where they had more guys than the OL could protect, the QB is hot he’s got to get rid of the ball. Those are on #4. And then the fourth sack was when Deshaun Watson ran out of bounds, I thought it was a terrible spot. He looked like he gained half a yard, but because he ran out of bounds and they gave it a no gain that counts as a sack. Hopefully they’ll go back and look at it today and take that sack away because I legitimately didn’t think that was a good spot at all. But the offensive line was responsible for one sack. They didn’t play great yesterday, but they played pretty damn good.

Question from the mind-numbingly dense John Lopez: Do you trust pro football focus?

Not really. At the minimal of degree as possible. I disagree with what they say. ~~ Well, I looked at the tape. And when I looked at the tape I didn’t think to myself, ‘Damn they gave up a bunch of pressure.’ I looked at the tape and said, ‘Deshaun Watson had a bunch of time to get balls off, they played pretty damn good.’

The thing that matters is, what does the defensive line on the team they’re going to play against when they look at our OL are they going to say, ‘These dudes are trash we’re going to keep coming after them because we know they can’t pick it up’ or are they saying, ‘Oh now we’ve got to watch out for this guy because we can’t really get a rush over there on the left tackle because he’s pretty much shutting guys down, so we’ve got to rush on the other side because this guy is legit.’ Those are the things that determine wins and losses, not, ‘Am I ranked 37th overall on PFF.’

The Texans are not the worst OL in the league they didn’t play that way. They had two penalties: Tunsil had a fall start that’s bad, Howard had a tripping that’s bad. I don’t work for PFF, I don’t care what they say, I looked at the tape. They had one sack. Nick Martin snapped the ball too soon, that goes on the OL.

I thought Roderick Johnson played pretty damn good against Calais Campbell. He played a lot better than Henderson did, Henderson made mistakes last week that rookies don’t make. You cannot put that on film, that’s not NFL caliber ball, that’s why Roderick Johnson started. He gave up a couple of late hits on the QB, which means he blocked his guy long enough for the quarterback to get the pass off but then the guy hit the QB after the ball was loose and as OL we don’t like that because we don’t want the QB to get touched at all. But I thought Roderick Johnson played well in the run game and I thought he did he did good and pass production.

Tytus Howard was okay, he’s like a rookie he falls down too much, the tripping penalty. But for the most part I thought he played okay.

There was nobody upfront that I thought, ‘Damn we need to upgrade this spot for this team to be successful.’ Going into the season I thought that they could be a top 16 offensive line. I think what they’ve shown they’re going to get there. You have to remember that the first game they had only been playing together for a few days. You add into the mix Tytus Howard was injured and Roderick Johnson should’ve been starting probably to begin with. I just think they’re going to be a middle of the road offense of line. They’re not going to be dominant, but that’s all you need. You have so many good skill players around them that you just need them to be average to begin with. They are going to continue to get better and get on the same page.

mikol13, Chilly_Pete and Nimo like this.
  19. Nimo

Nimo Member

That story is more likely if you said Cal McNair. If coach wanted to be aggressive in trades he wouldn't have waited till the week before the season started. If your theory was true we would have seen a flurry of trades soon after Gaine was fired. Gaine was fired in early June. The first trade was for Duke Johnson in August; and then Tunsil later that month. After week 1 he cut Colvin and then benched Henderson. They went through a whole offseason with them, if they weren't good enough why start them in the first place? They might have cost the team a win.

The more likely story is he realized Kalil wasn't as good as he thought and got desperate and overpaid for Tunsil. I love Tunsil but the two 1st round picks is a bit much. Honestly I would have run with Roderick Johnson at LT rather than give up all those picks. But Devlin needs all the help he can get to keep his job so I get it.

Chilly_Pete likes this.
  20. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Keep in mind... Gaine was fired in the middle of OTAs and mandatory mini-camp. Training camp started ~six weeks later. I would wager that's a remarkably busy stretch for an NFL coach.... which would only underscore why a GM is so vital. Anyway, in addition to him likely wanting to see what he had, etc., I would wager his schedule at least played a small role in waiting.

FYI - I would guess this is also why the Clowney situation was so thoroughly botched - deadline was July 15.

csj and gucci888 like this.