1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Jaguars @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Nov 8, 2016.

1. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

You try to sound smart, but bypass the Texans suck-ass offense doing little-to-nothing to help the defense. Thank God the QB change was made. The entire team was uplifted the moment Savage stepped in. The defense gave up 3 points the remainder of the game (37 minutes) once Brock's stank was off the field.

Dankstronaut and Mr. Space City like this.
  2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No excuses. That would be like blaming offensive possessions that are 3 and out on poor starting field position. Now I know that won't stop people for finding excuses for the defensive lapses this season, but it won't make their excuses valid. The last 2 games, the defense has played well, and the team has won, that doesn't mean the defense was playing well before that.

Anyway, I'm not really expecting brilliance from this forum given what they have to work with.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

This is going to blow your mind I just know it, but blaming the defense for defensive lapses this season is not a defense of the offense. Only simpletons think in such binary terms. The defense has been good the last 2 games, but at times this year has been awful. Either you can accept that, or you'll just be wrong. It's not a big deal.

4. Mr. Space City

These are good post by high IQ football fans that aren't complete idiots.

charlieaustin and TheRealist137 like this.
  5. Houstunna

Supporting Member

At times, every team plays poorly. Patriots got blown off the field by Buffalo this season. Overall though, NE has been great just like the Texans defense. If that's binary level thinking, then knocking the defense is bRock bottom... and you should be benched.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The Texans defense hasn't been "great" overall though. It's been ever so slightly above average. Of course ever so slightly above league average is MUCH better than the offense has been, but that doesn't make average "great".

I really shouldn't have to spell things like this out to people. It's kind of sad.

7. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

Go to NFL.com --> team stats - YPG is the default selection for ranking team defense. What does fantasy football use for total team defense?

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, okay, so by your logic, if fantasy football or NFL.com used total number of snaps on defense as the default, then you'd rank defenses that way? That's a pretty strong argument you've made, I think people should re-evaluate how they rank defenses now.

9. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Thank God Brock's stank is off the field.

Yaosthirdleg and Mr. Space City like this.
  10. Mr. Space City

At the end of the day the defense is definitely not "garbage" like low IQ football fans said they were.

Mr. Clutch likes this.
  11. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

So the special teams TD given up yesterday should count against the Texans defensive ranking since you're using total points given up?

12. Mr. Space City

Texans fans are finally liberated.

We are finally able to move on from this terrible blunder and move forward as a franchise instead of prolonging the inevitable.

Yaosthirdleg and Houstunna like this.
  13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Those are so rare they don't significantly change the number of points given up per game. I don't mind if you don't accept that scoring defense is how they are ALWAYS ranked when talked about, all I wanted to do was tell you the reality of the situation. You accepting or rejecting reality is your business.

14. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I wonder what disorder some people are afflicted with that they can't admit they're wrong when it's obvious

15. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Probably the same disorder to that causes people to call them out after acting the same way.. just because you are part of the majority against him doesn't mean you don't do the same thing...

16. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I didn't think savage would be very good and I thought the ol would be worse this year. I was wrong.

See? It's not that hard.

houstonstime and Shroopy2 like this.
  17. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

You're talking about a guy who predicted that the Warriors would finish 6th in the West last season because they weren't that good. When they won 73 games, Bobby refused to admit that he was wrong about them.

Mr. Clutch likes this.
  18. Mr. Space City

Damn, low football AND low basketball iq :D

19. crose

crose Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It usually takes a little while, but some day you will realize he was right. According to him.

20. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

If savage was out there earlier we probably would have wins vs chargers and raiders. Division would be over.