1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Jaguars @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Dec 23, 2014.

1. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

Now you are just making **** up.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He's one that's best ignored, you won't be missing anything of value.

3. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

lol go ahead and set yourself up for disappointment, i don't care.

4. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I wouldn't say no chance, but there is a reasonable chance he doesn't play.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I would say there's a reasonable chance that he misses the first part of the season, not a very good chance that he misses it all.

6. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

From my microfracture experience I would disagree. It's a b**** to recover from. Hopefully the new techniques they used in his procedure will allow him to play at 100% again.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well there have been some recent successes, but it's certainly a rough procedure to go through. Travis Kelce did a good job bouncing back, as did Reggie Bush. We'll all just have to wait and see.

8. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

I am proud of this team. They gave it their best shot.

9. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

Good job coaches and players. All around applause for all.
    Let's get a legit QB and do better next year!

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

<video width="853" height="480" controls="controls"><source src="http://prod.video.texans.clubs.nfl.com//HOU/videos/dct/video_audio/2014/12-December/122814_OBrien-Speech-500k.mp4" type="video/mp4"/>Your browser does not support HTML5 video. Please update your browser to view this media content.</video>

<video width="853" height="480" controls="controls"><source src="http://prod.video.texans.clubs.nfl.com//HOU/videos/dct/video_audio/2014/12-December/122814_Watt-Speech2-500k.mp4" type="video/mp4"/>Your browser does not support HTML5 video. Please update your browser to view this media content.</video>

<video width="853" height="480" controls="controls"><source src="http://prod.video.texans.clubs.nfl.com//HOU/videos/dct/video_audio/2014/12-December/28_JJ_fan_message-500k.mp4" type="video/mp4"/>Your browser does not support HTML5 video. Please update your browser to view this media content.</video>

1 person likes this.
  11. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

damn man, not ready for football to be over!

12. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Well there's always a CHANCE but given what has been reported about the grueling recovery process from micro-fracture surgery and that Clowney's game depended on him having freakish physical ability, I am of the belief that we won't see Clowney until 2016. I also may never see the one in a generational player Clowney that everyone expected when he was taken No. 1 overall. A pity...

13. mick fry

mick fry Member

Its a "micro"fracture meaning its very tiny which should heal in a couple days. Dont know what the fuss is all about!! Geeeesh! :grin:

14. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Dang, I didn't know Kelce had micro-fracture surgery. I thought it was a torn ACL. Good to hear someone of his size and athleticism was able to come back to full strength. No wonder his snaps were limited this season. Fingers crossed that Clowney gets as lucky as Kelce did with his surgery and the Texans can ease him in to a couple of games.

15. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

He's not saying that Clowney will play. He's saying that you suggesting there is "no chance" is completely baseless. I think he'll play but he will be understandably awful. I don't think he has a future as a 3-4 LB. He needs to move to the line and play a 4-3 END where he doesn't have to make reads and breaks to cover tight ends or running backs.

It's easy to take out hate on him but I generally feel bad for the guy.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Kelce was very lucky, the size of the injury and the exact spot of the injury are the most important factors in if a player makes a recovery according to most sources. Unfortunately since we don't have that information and it'll never be released, all we can do is guess about it while waiting to see what happens.