1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Hire Blatt Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by newAge_Rockets, Jan 29, 2016.

1. newAge_Rockets

Blatt is a tremendous coach that teaches a beautiful motion offense. He never had a fair shot in Cleveland as LeBron wanted him gone from the start. Iso street ball should not be a play style for professionals, and it is known thru the Warriors and Spurs that a motion based offense is what is needed to win championships. Harden is still very young, and this team (with a few moves here and there) can still win a championship with James as the leader, but we must not hesitate to establish a head coach that can implement actual offensive and defensive schemes.

The 2015-2016 season must be the nail in the coffin for Moreyball

JB has failed as head coach to gain the respect and attention of his team game in and game out. His rotations are inconsistent and ineffective. Finally, he doesn't stand up for his team.

Let's hire Blatt, and focus on building a team. There's no need to keep running on JB's treadmill of mediocrity.

2. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

I would be pleased with Blatt or Thibs

3. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Hire who Durant wants.

4. Misa

Misa Member

We need a good coach so bad

5. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

[​IMG]

6. OpenLayup-Why3?

I don't have that kind of money to hire Blatt.

7. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

Blatt seems mildly autistic imo. If he is in a rainman type of way, then sure, I'm down. Anything but this full-r****d basketball we are currently playing.

8. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

Blatt is a p***y

9. ibm

ibm Member

les and morey say this team has title ambitions. yet we have a nobody rookie coach who often is clueless in the game after half a season.

yeah riiiight, like i am supposed to believe...

10. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

I want Thibs no matter what. I don't care if hes not that great of an offensive coach. He gets the most out of his teams, and some may say that's not good but you have to realize... a team's future isn't guaranteed!!!! You have to make sure you get the most out of your team when you have it, and that's what Thibs would do. He would command respect, which I don't honk Blatt can do with this current Rockets team, and he will push every player to their limit. Thibs is the answer.

11. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

That's why I can't take morey serious anymore.

If he really believed this team could compete for a championship he would never have giving the team over to a 36 years old rookie coach.

Mchale honestly would have been better atleast he stuck to his rotaions.

..... Or morey really doesn't value coaching like some here think and believes players get it done without coaching.

If it's the later than morey needs to go because it's obvious that the two teams that have the two best coaches are head and shoulders better than everyone else.

We need better coaching Forsure but we also need to get some better players I mean a Leandro barbosa, David west, patty mills, Mo speights those type of players are available all the time but we don't go after them because of flexibility???

Like wtf were over the cap and I can't see any players I value on this team but a few

Dwight
    Harden
    Bev
    Ariza
    Capela
    Dmo(if he ever plays again)

The rest of the guys that make up the team are not good players and should be on bottem feeders except jet who deserves to be on GS or SA.

I do like smith but he just got here and longterm he's not a option imo unless he wants to sign a 3 yr 6 mil deal.

12. roslolian

roslolian Member

This. But KD seems open-minded I'd get Blatt now so the Rox have a head start on his offense for next season.

13. roslolian

roslolian Member

Thibs' coaching life is like 2 years, if you can't win in 2 years you are ****ed everybody will break down due to injury and players don't want to play for a strict coach that forbids head bands just because he doesn't want to see head bands.

Blatt's the perfect candidate IMHO, I know Les said he'll stick with JB but at this point JB's not gonna get it done, I guess he needs more seasoning look at him he aged like 10 years in 2 months. Blatt strikes me as a euro version of Carlisle, just a really smart coach who can design slick plays to help the team score.

14. OpenLayup-Why3?

Didn't you watch the Moneyball? Coaching doesn't matter

15. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

The Rockets need as many great basketball minds on the coaching staff as they can get.

16. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

How is Blatt in Houston going to turn out any differently to Cleveland? This team already quit on McHale and they will do the same to JB soon

17. OTMax

OTMax Member

Exactly and Blatt didn't hold his star players accountable so no freaking way I want him. I fear Leslie might though, just for the headlines!! Look Lebron tuned out a great coach and we will take care of him.

18. BAM

BAM Member

Blatt..NO
    The guy had James coaching the team, we have no idea what his ability is

19. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

That's my point. A Thibs coached team will likely break down, but a Thibs coached team will overachieve like a mothaaaaaaa. Blatt should be a solid coach in the league but he was a rookie coach. Don't care how revered he was internationally. Still a rookie coach, and a rookie coach won't demand respect immediately. A team like the Wolves or Lakers would be a good spot for Blatt. Probably even the Pelicans because Alvin Gentry is so awful and ruining Anthony Davis. I think Blatt is solid, but he won't fit this team. There's too much superstardom here that he won't be able to manage because the players already grew without him.

Thibs can come in next off season and grow with James during the Olympics and kick Harden's butt all season and making him anow mvp caliber team while creating a top 3 defense in the league. I believe Thibs could do that. And the team my break-down in 2 seasons but if the Rockets don't come close to winning in either of those seasons then it just wasn't meant to be.

20. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm kinda thinking along the same lines. Not sure Blatt would command ANY respect here if McHale couldn't.