1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Giants @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Sep 19, 2018.

1. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Has to be the fact Keke is ready and they think he’s pretty good. Sammie Coates will be healthy as well. Hope they aren’t getting me excited for nothing......again.

Uprising likes this.
  2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

3. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Rudyc281 and Uprising like this.
  4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Honestly that play shows something that I've seen be wrong several times in the 3 games this year. For whatever reason the protection schemes are just wrong. I'm not sure if Watson calls them out or if Martin does it, but someone is ****ing up. Many times they just don't block the right people and it leads to disaster. If Watson saw the cluster **** about to happen knowing what protection scheme was called and seeing that the defense was lined up different, he should have done an audible. I dunno whose responsibility it is, but we know it's not BOB's job, nothing is. Either way, it needs to get fixed.

5. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

I honestly thought that was the centers job. Idk what calling the mike linebacker does but Martin is the one that talks to the rest of the oline since he’s the one always doing the pointing it seems. We can blame it on both Watson and Martin.

If that makes sense

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm pretty sure you are right that it is the center's job, but I think the QB is supposed to check it and call out changes if he sees that they need to be made. I could be wrong though, after all apparently BOB's system is weird and backwards from what people say about it so maybe it's the responsibility of the TE or something. Either way, it needs to get fixed, far too often they just don't have proper protections for blitzes even when they have enough blockers to defend against it.

BigShasta and red5rocket like this.