1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official fire MDA thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by macan, Dec 28, 2017.

1. SkareKrow

SkareKrow Member

I dont like him cause he has a short rotation and doesnt develop players, while Kerr/Pop can develop under 30 players and still win.

kjayp likes this.
  2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

QUESTION: I saw a Youtube of a double Screen for Capela for an alleyopp

IS HARDEN THE ONLY ONE CAPABLE OF THROWING THAT PASS?????

I don't think I have seen that play in a minute

Rocket River

3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I don't know if it is because CP3 is hurt, but I'm pretty shocked at how bad he is getting Capela the ball above the rim. CP3 didn't have one alley to Clint the whole Pistons game (I dont think he had any against Orlando or GSW). Clint was getting the ball at chest level and he had to manufacturer all his points by body contortions. I guess Harden is still the only one that can do that even with Point-Gawd CP3.

Beardaholic13 and Stormy1234 like this.
  4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Memories. . . . .. of the days we left behind . . .. .

Rocket River

whiskeyred and D-rock like this.
  5. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Idk if I'm on board with this yet, but my biggest concern with the MDA hire was the defense. Starting to really get concerned about it now, not sure how we can realistically call ourselves "contenders" with the crap defense we've been playing for weeks now.

RyanB likes this.
  6. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

Everyone understand the team defense was too sucks in recent 20 games, but MDA can't do any change, This type coach can win a champion?

7. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

he should give his trophy to nash & harden

8. farhen

farhen Member

say what now!? you smoke weed or something

9. farhen

farhen Member

haters thread that wants attention

10. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

I have been hating on MDA alot this year, but wanting him to be canned is astronomically stupid. He is a perfect for our superstar.
    His flaws to me are all fixable.
    -Calling TOs (seems hes very very stubborn) sometimes it is amazingly obvious we need a TO yet nothing is called until a deficit is ballooned or our lead is cut in half
    -Sticking up for the players ( I want to see him kicked out once) The last 2 or 3 weeks we have been wrecked by the refs in crucial situations. Like i want to see you go ballistic on someone seriously. get a frickin T for god sakes, because the refs have been horseshit. Show me that fire.

The first point is the big one because IMO he costs us 6-8 points every game because he cant read the flow of the game or is to stubborn to call a TO.
    Yesterday SVG called a TO 30 sec into the 4th because we had a 5-0 run...30 seconds ppl(this is how its done). They then went on a 21-11 run the next 5 min with no TO being called by us in that whole sequence.

11. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

I think those new bench players sucks at defence such as webber, green. Green can use offence to compensate same as lou williams. The only way is to find defence players such as bogut or wait for injuries return to the team

12. D-rock

D-rock Member

Is this team still on pace to win franchise best 60+ wins?

RyanB likes this.
  13. J.R.

J.R. Member

No.

58-24
    57-25

D-rock likes this.
  14. Reeko

Reeko Member

nominee for the worst post of 2018

RyanB and D-rock like this.
  15. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

The difference in height and ability to finish at the rim between Paul and harden is why paul can't execute this play as effectively. His pass is more susceptible to being blocked or simply not having a proper angle.

16. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Offense and defense are just 2 different sides of the same coin. Our team struggles when core players get hurt, forcing remaining competent players to play more minutes, get tired, and do worse. Not sure why so many struggle with such a simple concept and look to make up all sorts of reasons of why we are sucking. When we have healthy bodies, coach and team are great. Injuries can just make a team look really bad, especially when someone as important to our rotation as Moute gets hurt. Speaking of Moute...

Some people don't realize how good on D Moute is. He is our guys' security blanket on D. Watch him when he plays on D before injury and when he comes back. He is extremely smart/instinctive of who to guard, where to be, especially when Harden, Ariza, and CP3 make a play on the passing lanes. Losing him hurt. I recently told a friend that losing Moute hurts more than losing either CP3 or Harden. See, when Harden sits, we got CP3 to replace him and the Rockets score 100+ points a game. Losing Moute,our D falls from top 5 to lower than 20th. There is no one on D that can replace that sort of defensive hit.

Also, developing players is hard when you don't have all of the following together:
    - A consistent system
    - A competent coaching staff
    - Draft picks

We just got our consistent system and competent coaching staff with the hire of MDA last year. We traded away our draft picks and drafted players to rebuild our team after Dwight's shitfest set us back so the only players to develop are Capela, Zhou, and Hartenstein.

- Capela has continued to develop nicely, at least prior to his injury. He will never be a banger down low, but provided his stamina continues to increase, he is a very solid center
    - Zhou is a rookie with a couple of intriguing skills, but still a rookie. While his offensive appearances have been nothing short of garbage, his defense has been encouraging.
    - Hartenstein seems like something clicked in him lately on the Viper going purely by recent game stats towards establishing his game and it will be interesting to see if he can translate it to the NBA.

RyanB likes this.
  17. macan

macan Member

just in case if we need it

18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The knee jerking is beyond bad this year

19. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

He hasn't really made any adjustments.

20. tinman