1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Fire McHale Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FTW Rockets FTW, Apr 19, 2012.

1. thebeardedwon

thebeardedwon Member

I agree. Leave dwight in the game and show confidence in him. Dwight played great but either way he has to be held accountable.

2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

McHale's great adjustments in the 2nd, 3rd, and end of the 4th won us the game.

McHale for COY

3. cheke64

cheke64 Member

hit the showers. this game was over halfway thru first quarter. LOL at blaming this at the bench.

1 person likes this.
  4. Jay713

Jay713 Member

McHale is like that teacher that sets the rules and the students just laugh in his face and continue talking in class.

5. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Stop posting.

6. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Where has all the talent on this team gone?

Fire McHale

1 person likes this.
  7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Oops.

8. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Heat lost to the Wiz tonight..... Fire Spo!!!

9. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

lol...

10. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

@awexler: #Rockets McHale said it was by design that Rockets forced Gordon to switch off Harden on final 2 possessions (Roberts, then Rivers)

11. cheke64

cheke64 Member

"Once again you prove you are a complete r****d" anonymous rep.

12. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

We'll you did say the game was over after the first quarter.

13. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I'm pretty sure it was Mchale. Nobody ever talks to me like that. I saw mchale on his ipad during the time I received it.

14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Anybody who declares games "over" in the first half usually tends to look dumb in the end. What was the most we were ever down? Like 14? In the first half?

15. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

After we win two titles, I would gladly lose to the Wizards and still have a better record than the Rockets currently have, just to add a bit of perspective. Miami mails it in sometimes, they are trying to make to the playoffs without major injuries and they just visited the president and could probably care less about that game.

16. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

Burn? :confused:

17. munco

munco Member

can't believe mchale has stuck around this long. will have to send Morey hate mail if he ends up having a longer tenure than Adelman and JVG.

18. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

To add bit more perspective if Miami loses another 3 games in a row, they ARE STILL more than likely 2nd in the East 3rd at the worst. If Rockets lose 3 in a row we are fighting for 8th spot, that's why it's a big deal.

19. meh

meh Contributing Member

So what you're saying is that if you coach a 2-time champion with the best player in the game, possibly the best SG in the game, and a all-star PF it's okay to lose big to the Wizards.

But if you're a coach of a with two lesser stars, a young team with the least amount of experience of any contender in the NBA, 2 of your top 6 players from beginning of the year "hurt"(liberal use of the word as it pertains to Asik), you cannot only beat the Pelicans by 3.

Your reasoning is just flawless.

20. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

No need to insult. If you don't agree with me simply don't agree. But since you can't seem to understand my point let me try to explain. The Rockets even with their current situation are more than talented enough to take care of the Pelicans(Who are more than decimated with injuries) early and certainly they are good enough to at least not be down by double digits. Which means they are not playing to their talents.

Comparing them to Miami who got blownout by the Wizards is pointless. The Rockets can't afford to cruise like Miami, Miami has two rings a better record and they are in a much weaker conference. They have injuries and want to rest their guys. They can do that, they are Miami. That's my point, I didn't say anything about the coach, I'm done arguing about Mchale I don't like him as the coach of this team and that's my right. I was simply adding a bit of perspective to that particular situation. Rockets need to come with fire and solid defense at the beginning of games, they don't and they hardly ever seem prepared for games, far to often they rely on hero ball late in games to win. When they do have a lead they lose it.

Teams like San Antonio or Miami will struggle with lesser teams once and awhile but not every single night like the Rockets do.