1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Official Fire Jeff Bzdelik Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsTerps, Jan 6, 2018.

1. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

Go low, I’ll go high. The people have already spoken.

2. Mathloom

Mathloom Contributing Member

#Believe

D-rock and HakeemOnlyFan like this.
  3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

No to Marvin for Gordon.

D-rock likes this.
  4. saleem

Injuries have taken him down a lot.

D-rock and RocketsTerps like this.
  5. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

no sign of nic batum in @Codman's sig:

stay put? but are these height$ too great to climb? Want some MO? = mo speights
    -Believe in the burning magic of the Rox, instead of focusing on who may be culpable. Watch for the sting (martian?) = Marvin Wiliams
    -Work with the Lak3Sh0ow'6? Hi Jordan, not Michael. = Jordan Clarkson and Julius Randle
    -1/1-2-8: The battle of the untouchables. Neurotic - #8mileRoad's Hakeem wants out. #Tmac's5VStomping4Grounds needs release (please, Morey?) //Get VUC'd = Mirotic, Drummond, Vucavic

obviously our inexperienced bench players don't match salaries with marvin. i think that's where the "sacrifice" happens. morey said he wouldn't trade a rotation player, but ryno's contract vs his production makes him the odd man out. the sacrifice might be the chemistry that he brings, if we want to acquire one of the higher priced players Cod hints at.

the smartest tweak would be mo speights for nanu and a second round pick. he would take nene/black's minutes while adding another shooter/scorer, championship experience, and an overall toughness. those are great gains for very little cost.

if we were to upgrade ryno, mirotic is my choice. he's a better scorer, rebounder, defender, still a good shooter, half a price... the only thing is i doubt the bulls want to take back ryno's salary.

saleem likes this.
  6. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

What does a video of Harden’s dagger over Curry have to do with Batum? I like Batum, at least the player he was. However, Morey would NEVER saddle us with that horrible contract. He’s not taking himself out of the Lebron sweepstakes for a contract worse and longer than Ryan Anderson’s. Put your name on it! You’re the one that’s wrong. I’m willing to bet you $100 for tip jar we don’t trade for Batum this 2018 trade deadline. If you don’t accept the bet.. STFU

#66 RocketsTerps, Jan 21, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
    saleem and D-rock like this.
  7. saleem

I like your effort.

8. D-rock

D-rock Member

Loved Batum, 3-5 years ago. Rockets if 100% can beat GSW right now but Lebron would make it so much easier.

If LeBron is not goal and Morey wants to go all in THIS season then Aaron Gordon or maybe Stanley Johnson would be my preference over Batum.

RocketsTerps likes this.
  9. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

Aaron Gordon would seal the deal. Just not sure how we’d get him.

D-rock likes this.
  10. D-rock

D-rock Member

Orlando is open to sell any and all, they are not going anywhere this season or any season with Aaron Gordon carrying franchise. But Aaron Gordon would a terrific 3rd or 4th star on a championship contending team like Rockets.

11. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

We’re in agreement on Aaron Gordon’s talent and fit. He’s their best player & asset. What specifically do you think Orlando would except from us over other teams?

12. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Save this post. Lick My Uhhh Bootay will be a rockets coach one day. Defensive coach. Forget Jeff Bizdilick.

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

2 firsts? Would love if all it took was Ryno and two firsts but may have to include young talent (Capela) OR a borderline all star (EGo).

Perhaps: Aaron Gordon, Bismack Biyombo, 2nd for Ryno, Capela, Troy, rights to Llull/Gentile/Hartenstein/Qi and 2 firsts

Then use that 2nd to package to Dallas for Nerlens Noel. Black, Onuaku, two 2nds for Noel.

Harden/Green/Hunter
    Paul/EGo
    Ariza/PJ
    AGordon/LMaM
    Noel/Nene/Biyombo

14. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

Haha
    haha perhaps in the summer if we miss on Lebron. That’s way too much turnover for a team with great chemistry only 2 back in the loss column from Golden State. Morey and MDA would not trust Noel or Biyombo mid season with starters minutes.

15. D-rock

D-rock Member

Not Biyombo but Noel has been a starter for MDA before, his career best season in fact.

16. Nook

Nook Member

Jeff VanGundy and Kevin Durant have both alluded to it... but the Rockets are a good defensive team when they have their whole rotation healthy.

I am still hoping we add another flexible defender at the deadline or buyout so we can give Green fits for Golden State. We minimize his impact and we are in a good spot.

D-rock likes this.
  17. Mathloom

Mathloom Contributing Member

You know what we were talking about bro. You said no team in the NBA is a Batum away from beating the Warriors in the playoffs.

Just to give you a glimpse of how preposterous you statement is, consider that it is no less optimistic than the average Warriors player, most of whom said they are not worried about beating us.

You are saying that they shouldn't worry about beating us EVEN IF we were to add Batum. Give me a break. When you hype the Warriors up more than Draymond Green, you've entered inverse homer territory.

That did not look like a game between two teams that are a superstar away from being even, unless you have a great imagination.

18. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

MDA was not the head coach of Philly therefore Noel did not start for HIM. That was a completely different situation anyway. We are about to win a franchise record 60 games. That Philly team was tanking HARD and needed to see what they had in their young players. History shows MDA barely trusts the young players Morey (or other GM’s) hand picks and we develop on our own. If Noel ended up in the doghouse in Philly and with Rick Carlisle in Dallas chances are he’s the issue. I’d take a flyer on him as a low risk/ high reward dude but now way we entrust our season on him. That’s crazy. Noel at this point is a 3rd string / Tarik Black-Montrezl Harrel role type player until he earns more.

19. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

Idiot we can beat them Without Batum and his poison contract. The point is Batum is not a difference maker for ANYONE. Charlotte may have to attach an all-star like Kemba Walker just to get someone to take on Batums terrible contract. If he was valued as you say they wouldn’t have to give a massive sweetener. You won’t bet on your Batum beliefs so that alone proves you’re full of ****. You’re living in the past bro. I bet you think Chandler Parsons is still good. Smh

#79 RocketsTerps, Jan 21, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
  20. D-rock

D-rock Member

Under optimum conditions I agree, Noel should be acquired to back up Clint/Nene. But MDA and Noel loved each other, it was a mutual admiration society. Carlisle hates Noel because he does not fit his system and Noel bristled when Dirk replaced him as starter at 5 spot.

Even if Rockets do not trade for AGordon, would still do minor trade for Noel. His value at all time low but his play is great fit in MDA system. Plus already familiar due to their time together in Philly. And MDA ran his offense in Philly without interference from Brett Brown. Brown was quoted as such often enough.

RocketsTerps likes this.